MATCH: AFC Fylde (H) 29/03/24

5 minutes ago, OAFC Blues said:

I'd like to say unbelievable but sadly its not. I could have gone today, I just chose not to because I could sense something like this coming. I don't know what the voodoo is that keeps us down but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. 

Yep same here. Couldn't face it today. Thank God. Renewed my season ticket yesterday though...🫣

very disappointing and although I’m not backing any knee jerk reactions on the manger front it’s been poor from him for a bit. There is something badly wrong with the squad as this lot constantly let managers down but the signings and corrective measures haven’t been good. The football in general has been woeful recently. He hasn’t managed the dip in form well, we are still inbalanced and it looks like his treatment of a few has had bigger implications. 

What I don't get is that we were playing well and looked a decent side at Maidenhead on 17th Feb....since then we have won once which was shite at Ebsfleet and have been dreadful bar Chesterfield.. 

I agree with what some have said that something can't be right internally between the players and Mellon.

Well I wasn't expecting this today.

MM needs to get a grip of this squad,if I performed like most of this team I'd be out of a job.

Getting a bit worried we seem to be going backwards ,there are far too many sub standard players on this team.

Anyone care to make a case for mellons signings being anything other than shite. Had a ding dong on here with some melt two weeks ago who claimed it was all looking rosey cos of the chesterfield game. He/she wasn’t the only one. 

wake the fuck up.

That Hammond guy is not a footballer.

nor is conlon. 

and then we have McGahey and sheron making the first 11.

oh and Hobson is a hoofer and Kitching doesn’t ever get out of first gear 

this isnt about this game. The above reflect our season 

Edited by AndyB2

4 minutes ago, ghost of Leonard said:

Well I wasn't expecting this today.

MM needs to get a grip of this squad,if I performed like most of this team I'd be out of a job.

Getting a bit worried we seem to be going backwards ,there are far too many sub standard players on this team.

You weren’t expecting it but you are not surprised surely. We know what this team is capable of 

It took us going 3 down before we actually tried to string a few passes together. Constantly hoofing it to Norwood and Garner is a ridiculous thing to do, especially when the midfield aren't getting forward to support them. It's too easy for the opposition and it puts you on the back foot early on. With the exception of Sheron, all the midfield are at their best with the ball at their feet, so why ping it forward bypassing them all game. That's the gameplan, that's what they've been told to do, and it's bewildering because we're not set up to do it at all. That's why we've been battered here first half. Norwood & Garner are deep in the oppo half scrapping for knock-downs and the midfield is completely stretched either trying without success to get up to the forwards or trying to cover half the pitch. It's so easy to play through, beat one man (and we're not exactly robust in a challenge) and you're running at the defenders.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Anyone care to make a case for mellons signings being anything other than shite. Had a ding dong on here with some melt two weeks ago who claimed it was all looking rosey cos of the chesterfield game. He/she wasn’t the only one. 

wake the fuck up.

That Hammond guy is not a footballer.

nor is conlon. 

and then we have McGahey and sheron making the first 11.

oh and Hobson is a hoofer and Kitching doesn’t ever get out of first gear 

this isnt about this game. The above reflect our season 

But earlier in the season Hobson was Bobby Moore and Kitching was Cafu

4 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

You weren’t expecting it but you are not surprised surely. We know what this team is capable of 

Nothing surprises me when it comes to football.

I've felt for a while we aren't quite strong enough to make it this season but I genuinely didn't expect the wheels to fall off so rapidly.

Now the terms embarrassment disgrace and garbage have been over used this season on this message board.

But that first 30 minutes was the definition of an embarrassment when you consider that today was a must win.

I can imagine that anyone who described that 1-0 win away at Dorking in deep Jan as a disgrace their heads will have exploded after watching that.

Ironically when we went 3 down stuck 5 in midfield we actually started to pass it. Radical.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Will finish 4-2 this. Hate this team. Hate how we setup with 3 players out of position each game. Fucking hate this squad to death. 

Only if they take a goal off Fylde and give it to Latics. It's going to take a lot of hard work for Mellon to sort this out during the close season, if he is capable.

21 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

What I don't get is that we were playing well and looked a decent side at Maidenhead on 17th Feb....since then we have won once which was shite at Ebsfleet and have been dreadful bar Chesterfield.. 

I agree with what some have said that something can't be right internally between the players and Mellon.

I’d stand with MM at the moment, this squad has form for being mentally weak. He’s won several promotions, we’ve got to try and give him the summer to sort this out properly. He’s brought a few in granted but I’m in favour of huge clear out of possible . I’m sick of the sight of some of these now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Fuck this lot. Sack the lot of them and start afresh. Absolute fucking cowards. Don't think there's a manager on earth would get a tune out of these dickheads

We all know that cannot happen and the worry is the budget will not be there to bring in what is required, so we end up with some new players who will actually do the job and drag the rest with them.