MATCH: AFC Fylde (H) 29/03/24

40 years ago playing in the west lancashire league for Norcross against Kirkham and Wesham which is what Fylde were we won 2-0 if you'd said 40 years later they would beat Latics home and away I would have sent  for the men in white coats ffs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Referee taking a break from whatever dull job he has to make it all about him.

One of the worst of a bad season. Conlon pulled back off the ball. No foul. Dallas taken out late. No foul. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The refs decision to award an offside against us in our own half just about sums him up. 

It's where you impact the play, if you come from an offside position but impact the play in your own half that's where the free kick should be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BerlinBlue said:

I‘m sorry this ref. How he has not given handball there. Surely when it is so obvious you‘ve got to question the integrity of him as a professional.

He’d say it wasn’t deliberate. But I don’t think that’s the rule. His arms were stretched wide. If that’s a defender in the area then it’s a penalty. 

Kitching dragged back deliberately off the ball when overlapping into space. No foul. No play on waved. 

I know Fylde will be taking it easy now but we are showing that we’re capable of playing decent football. But all it takes is for the opposition to apply a bit of pressure on the ball and we become absolutely abject. 

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

He’d say it wasn’t deliberate. But I don’t think that’s the rule. His arms were stretched wide. If that’s a defender in the area then it’s a penalty. 

Kitching dragged back deliberately off the ball when overlapping into space. No foul. No play on waved. 

The replay looked worse, it definitely looked like he knew what he was doing controlling it.

oh well. We‘re not losing because of the ref, he‘s just making it worse.

Just now, BerlinBlue said:

The replay looked worse, it definitely looked like he knew what he was doing controlling it.

oh well. We‘re not losing because of the ref, he‘s just making it worse.

It’s making an already frustrating game unnecessarily more frustrating to watch!

For all that Norwood is our top scorer and we'd be knackered without him I reckon he's missed a one on one in pretty much every game I've seen this season, albeit that's not as many as most.  For all that the keeper should have been sent off he shouldn't have had the opportunity to make the save in the first place 

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I know Fylde will be taking it easy now but we are showing that we’re capable of playing decent football. But all it takes is for the opposition to apply a bit of pressure on the ball and we become absolutely abject. 

No we are not my friend

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

For all that Norwood is our top scorer and we'd be knackered without him I reckon he's missed a one on one in pretty much every game I've seen this season, albeit that's not as many as most.  For all that the keeper should have been sent off he shouldn't have had the opportunity to make the save in the first place 

He’s being carried now in this team. Well off the pace 

10 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

As culpable as any of them...

Nothing smacked of "can't be arsed" more than their second goal..

Edited by JoeP

7 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

He's not going to sprint around all game, he was poor today no question. But he's still the best player in this squad by a mile and if the others have to make up for that then they should....

First doubts of Mellon creeping in today. How were Fylde more up for it than we were? 

That keeper handball non-decision is one of the worst pieces of refereeing I've ever seen, but let's have it right - we deserved nothing. 

There isn't one player I'd keep. 

The worse thing is - what hope is there for next season??

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, JoeP said:

First doubts of Mellon creeping in today. How were Fylde more up for it than we were? 

That keeper handball non-decision is one of the worst pieces of refereeing I've ever seen, but let's have it right - we deserved nothing. 

There isn't one player I'd keep. 

The worse thing is - what hope is there for next season??

Probably only Hallam at this rate

Ref a side, 0-3 down after 30 odd mins and played off the park once again.  Almost a carbon copy of the game at Fylde.  Nothing learnt from that game obviously.

We are so so poor.  No style of play, no leaders on the pitch, no one who puts a foot on the ball bar Conlon and he has been poor since he signed and ineffective- pases 5 yards sidewards ad backwards.

Our manager keeps saying he has no idea why we play like we do, or why we are so inconsistent, it's about time he figured it out I would say, or let someone else try and do what he can't.

Always said playing ugly and scraping results works, whislt you are winning, playing like that today and for the most part, the last month, will cause a lot of unrest, it has and rightly so. 

That today for such a pivotal point in the season is totally unacceptable.  Manger wants us to stick together, how can fans support that type of display.

Ref was a complete and utter tool.  Worst I've seen in a long time- ruined any chance, even if slim, of us getting something out of the game.

In my eyes play off push is all but done, would need to win remaining games I would think and that's just not going to happen, based on the last month.

1 decent performance every 6 or so games is not something i believe , is a foundation to build on going forward.

Edited by deckyd
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ref was shite but Fylde were simply better than us today in every dept.

We got a bit of momentum in the middle part of the season but faded badly. We're just not good enough. 

Edited by Yard Dog
  • Like 1

Not sure who was Fylde's best player today, was it the referee, Liam Hogan or James Norwood, all three would have a big shout.

Worst I've seen us all season.

Hudson again slow as fuck, all he does is pick it out of the net.

McGahey no words - pub player

Hogan - awful game from him today, shouldn't start the next and if he's involved next season we are fucked again. Walked off at the end like he didn't give a fuck, when you have a captain that limited and prone to errors you are fucked.

Hobson - 6/10

Kitching - shitting out of tackles all afternoon.

Sheron - 6/10

Gardner- 6.5/10

Conlon - 6/10

Hammond - pulled early which was harsh as there were half a dozen in front of him who could have been subbed.

Garner - Awful and he's started going down now even before the ball gets to him.

Norwood - criminal for the second and his body language is all wrong, in fact he is all that is wrong about this team yet he gets left on the pitch week in week out, nine games without a win with him in the team. Not good enough.

Dallas - 6/10

Mellon can go for me, he doesn't have a fucking clue how to set us up, he's telling them to hoof it which is just depressing. 

When Fondop was sent off they stopped fucking hoofing it and we played a bit of football.

We need a clear out from top to bottom and there's not a chance I'm forking out any money until some changes are made for the good of the football club. It's currently inhabited by the biggest bunch of frauds your ever likely to see. 

Fucking shithouses 

• Like 4

The utter ineptitude of the ref was only surpassed by the ineptitude of Oldham in the first half.  Worst half I have ever seen. 

Beginning to think MM doesn’t know what he’s doing. 

• Like 3