• Release
  9. 9. Mike Fondop

• Retain
    • Release
  10. 10. Hallam Hope

• Retain
    • Release

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2024 at 12:55 PM

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If Couto is the answer in front of Kitching then we really are fucked, he was torn apart pre season at places like Chorley by journeyman wingers, I've not seen him play since about Christmas but don't suspect he's turned in to Roberto Carlos overnight. He's another one who points a lot without actually doing much and even though he is still relatively young I can't see him being Mellon's bag anyway.

If he had a future here he would have probably been recalled by now!

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

You okay Monty ?

Just off the top of my head, Nuttall, Kurt, Reid, Shelton and Ward are 5 players under contract which Mellon will certainly not play or give a chance to next season.

Why is it such ridiculous statement to say shift them on ? Never mentioned pay offs. Sell them or loan them out for all I care, don’t care how it gets done. 

I think we can all agree we need rid of players. Or I am misunderstanding your post. 

The point is about how easy some people seem to think it is to move players on, there's a bit more to it than just 'binning them off'.

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

You okay Monty ?

Just off the top of my head, Nuttall, Kurt, Reid, Shelton and Ward are 5 players under contract which Mellon will certainly not play or give a chance to next season.

Why is it such ridiculous statement to say shift them on ? Never mentioned pay offs. Sell them or loan them out for all I care, don’t care how it gets done. 

I think we can all agree we need rid of players. Or I am misunderstanding your post. 

The point is about how easy some people seem to think it is to move players on, there's a bit more to it than just 'binning them off'.

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The only one we would struggle to get rid of is Shelton, but even he had interest in January… 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

If he had a future here he would have probably been recalled by now!

So you think MM has actually been to watch him on loan to make his mind up for himself?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

If Couto is the answer in front of Kitching then we really are fucked, he was torn apart pre season at places like Chorley by journeyman wingers, I've not seen him play since about Christmas but don't suspect he's turned in to Roberto Carlos overnight. He's another one who points a lot without actually doing much and even though he is still relatively young I can't see him being Mellon's bag anyway.

Some improve some don't. I  closely watched his performance and is determination wasn't in question, with the right manager he could well eventually finish up at a club higher than us.

He's already ahead of Sachdev IMO.

33 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

The only one we would struggle to get rid of is Shelton, but even he had interest in January… 

He’s only 27, has played in a couple of different positions, has been promoted twice from this league, was loved by Hartlepool fans and I can’t imagine he’ll be on a massive salary. It’s not worked out for him here at all but I’d be surprised if he’s still here by August. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So you think MM has actually been to watch him on loan to make his mind up for himself?

Well we get regular reports on our players out on loan on the website so I’m guessing somebody is!

30 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Some improve some don't. I  closely watched his performance and is determination wasn't in question, with the right manager he could well eventually finish up at a club higher than us.

He's already ahead of Sachdev IMO.

How much of his loan spell had you seen prior to last night BP?

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

He’s only 27, has played in a couple of different positions, has been promoted twice from this league, was loved by Hartlepool fans and I can’t imagine he’ll be on a massive salary. It’s not worked out for him here at all but I’d be surprised if he’s still here by August. 

Very diplomatic.

he’s absolute garbage.

34 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Very diplomatic.

he’s absolute garbage.

It’s not being diplomatic. Just stated some facts. Apart from the bit about his salary which was a guess. 

3 hours ago, nzlatic said:

He'll go to Gateshead and turn into Lothar Matthäus... 

• Like 3

On 4/17/2024 at 6:58 PM, oafc1955 said:

Well we get regular reports on our players out on loan on the website so I’m guessing somebody is!

I wonder which youths will be offered contracts? from what I've seen there could be at least three, two forwards and a centre back.

I know some don't rate him but I'd sign Benny Couto for another season.

I was impressed with his attitude, pace, distribution and forward thinking in the Manchester Premier Cup Final. Still only 19yo.

Edited by BP1960

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I was impressed with his attitude, pace, distribution and forward thinking in the Manchester Premier Cup Final. Still only 19yo.

You’ve been watching Latics too much BP!😂😂

21 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

You’ve been watching Latics too much BP!😂😂

I enjoyed watching

Ashton and Avro more, both teams commitment put us to shame and the youths style of attacking football was very refreshing.

33 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I wonder which youths will be offered contracts? from what I've seen there could be at least three, two forwards and a centre back.

I know some don't rate him but I'd sign Benny Couto for another season.

Have you seen LB/LWB Doro @BP1960  Seems to be back playing again and from snippets I've seen he looks promising.

On 4/17/2024 at 6:02 PM, deyres42 said:

Yeah, probably in the region of 500.000 to bin them all off.

41 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Have you seen LB/LWB Doro @BP1960  Seems to be back playing again and from snippets I've seen he looks promising.

Only once and did well but need to see him again.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Yeah, probably in the region of 500.000 to bin them all off.

Which makes Mellon post Oxford a strange one, surely when he took the job he knew the state of the squad, it's okay him exiling half of them but they are still entitled to draw their wages.