• Release
  9. 9. Mike Fondop

• Retain
    • Release
  10. 10. Hallam Hope

• Retain
    • Release

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2024 at 12:55 PM

I was going to wait until the end of the season, but barring a mathematical miracle we know what league we'll be in next season!

If you were Micky Mellon, of the players out of contract in the summer, who would you retain and release?

I've taken the list from @oafcmetty's Playing Squad - Summer 23 thread.

I'm also presuming that the loanees - Dallas, Sachdev, and Walker - will return to their parent clubs.

Edited by LaticMark

I've gone for release all except Fondop. That should be enough wiggle room to improve the squad significantly. That's before we think about the contracted players.

I have a horrible feeling that Mcgahey will get another year he shouldn't but its quite possible that Mellon likes him.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I’ve gone release all. We need as much space in the wage structure as possible. Hopefully shift another 5-6 on too, but would imagine we’d have to contribute to their wages for the next year or 2. 

2 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Sadly, it's time to say goodbye and I've gone for all of the above to go, yep, even Big Mike.

Others should/will be joining them I'm guessing, although I can't say that I'll lose any sleep over it.

Yep…..we’ll be writing the last 2 years off and almost starting from scratch again unfortunately.

Whether it be Mellon or whoever, the board have a massive decision to make.

One thing is for sure we absolutely cannot afford to make any more mistakes!!

Green & Fondop are the only 2 for me and that is because we know on their day, they can be unplayable in this league. 

I know that is few are far between but it's still a lot better than the rest or the majority of the dross we have in this squad.  

21 minutes ago, South West Blue said:

Green & Fondop are the only 2 for me and that is because we know on their day, they can be unplayable in this league. 

I’ve never seen Green play well for 90 minutes, let’s alone unplayable. Mikey I agree- he’s had a quite few good days.  

I released everybody - bar Mikey. But if he has to go to bring in better then so be it. 

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'm more concerned if Alfie Atherton goes.

We’d better be lining up a decent pro contract for him then hadn’t we, otherwise he’ll be gone!

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We’d better be lining up a decent pro contract for him then hadn’t we, otherwise he’ll be gone!

He might anyway, he's not gone unnoticed by at least 3 EPL clubs I know of.

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Perhaps we would still get a fee at the moment and maybe it would be more favourable than a gamble as to his future progress?

I'd like to see him play for the first though, even if its the last game of the season.

It's no gamble though IMO he's a terrific prospect. 

Having said that he'd probably get no service from the present crop.

Edited by BP1960

I elected to retain Fondop for his threat and unpredictability and Green for the player we know he can be..but, if they do go, I am not going to lose any sleep over it. It's a shame Conlon's head was fucked over, however he may be useful with some better players alongside him, I hope.