• Release
  9. 9. Mike Fondop

• Retain
    • Release
  10. 10. Hallam Hope

• Retain
    • Release

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2024 at 12:55 PM

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Telford in NLN. 

I think that’s very feasible especially coming up a division. 

There's a player wages breakdown on the net, but can't find it now.

Langley - Release, Seems as Norman has another year no point having 3 keepers at this level stick with Hudson as no 1 unless someone comes in for him wich i can see happening been one of our stand out players this season, if so would look to loan market for another keeper and have Norman as backup. 

Couto - release, found his level at Northern premier league level, sign new LB as a priority in the summer Kitching can fight for place next season

Mcgahey - I would release and look for better but I think MM will offer him a new deal been ever present in his squads since the suspension and I’ve got a feeling he will get his vice captaincy back a player he clearly trusts, 

Dickenson - release, a bright start for us and looked decent early on but clearly injury prone and we can’t afford to carry these types of players that spend more time in the physios room, probably on a decent wage and will free up some funds, better players will be available in the summer 

Gardner - release, again a player i like but coming towards the end of his career now and not going to get any better and like Dickenson to injury prone, we need fresher, younger legs in midfield and will be on a decent wage also 

Green - Retain, the only player we currently have with pace in the squad and we will need it next year, missed his presence in the last few games which I believe has contributed to our poor form, really good on his day see Maidenhead away and a player I believe will improve with better players around him, worth another year for me   

Tollit - release, not good enough for us and rumoured attitude problems not the type of player you want around, hes a non league journeyman, probaly sign for Chester in the summer and do well, but we can do better if we are looking at going up

Windass - RELEASE (no explanation needed)

Fondop - Retain, a tough one but the fact we are in the National league again next season he stays, a good guy to have around the club and can chip in with goals at this level, won’t cost a lot and I think he’s well liked within the club, worth another year, if he can’t catch the team next year someone in this division will defiantly take him on loan

Hope - release, a tough one because he is a player that tries and does chip in with the odd goal but I think we can do better if we are to get promoted, we also need to build for the future with our recruitment next season and carrying players like Hope just takes up another squad space I would release Hope and replace with Atherton from the youth, probaly save money doing that and can develop our own young players 

Pay up - Shelton on the basis no one will pay money for him  

Transfer list - Reid, Nuttall, Ward, Willoughby, surely someone will take these off us ? 

That leaves us with 

Hudson 

Norman 

Sutton 

Kitching 

Hogan 

Raglan 

Hobson 

Lundstram 

Sheron 

Hammond 

Conlon 

Fondop 

Green 

Garner 

Norwood 

15 players and hopefully we bring in 

RB, LB, CMs x 2, 2 x wingers, ST of quality then plus a couple of the youth lads ie Atherton will leave us with a squad of 23-24 players wich is far more manageable 

Edited by Markspark92
  • Like 4

Mellon would look pretty silly offering anyone an extension in my opinion. He’s just said in his interview that the board need to support him getting players out the door. To then offer certain players a deal would be the complete opposite of what he’s requested. 

Everyone out of contract should be released, no extensions required. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Mellon would look pretty silly offering anyone an extension in my opinion. He’s just said in his interview that the board need to support him getting players out the door. To then offer certain players a deal would be the complete opposite of what he’s requested. 

Especially when some of the ones mentioned on here are shite and know nothing other than relegations. 100% agree about them all going as well as half a dozen others, it's the only way.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Aye, that’s a fair point. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

You could make a case for Green and Fondop, anyone whose voted for anyone else just doesn't want us to do well or doesn't like football.

Mikey has contributed and I agree is the only one worth a deal, but as Light says you can’t offer him a deal and then ask the board to pay up others. 

I’ll drive Green wherever he wants to go. 10 minute spells every 3/4 games is nowhere near enough. 

20 hours ago, League one forever said:

Well, if that’s true- I’d guess at the others as, 

Langley £500

Couto £500

Harrison £800

Bren 1K

Dan £1500

Green 1k

Tollit £800

Windass £500

Mikey 1k

Hope £800

If I’m anywhere in the ball park - that’s 8.4K a week off the wage bill. 

What does that get us? 

8 ok players on 1k

5 good players on 1.5k 

Even with this fag packet guessing it’s not difficult to see how difficult it’s going to be in the summer. 

Reckon Mikey and Green might be on a bit more. Mikey signed a new contract last season probably with a decent pay rise and Green was offered a deal to extend last summer on more money (you would assume).

Still though your point stands - can’t see them lot saving any more than 9/10k ish a week. 

It’s shifting a few of the 2025 lot that will free up some wages. I could see us paying Reid off next week or coming to some kind of deal. I think a team will take a chance on Willoughby. Rumour is Chester are keen for a perm move. 

The others…who knows! 

I think Green has an option, I could see Mellon taking that up you know

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Markspark92 said:

Langley - Release, Seems as Norman has another year no point having 3 keepers at this level stick with Hudson as no 1 unless someone comes in for him wich i can see happening been one of our stand out players this season, if so would look to loan market for another keeper and have Norman as backup. 

Couto - release, found his level at Northern premier league level, sign new LB as a priority in the summer Kitching can fight for place next season

Mcgahey - I would release and look for better but I think MM will offer him a new deal been ever present in his squads since the suspension and I’ve got a feeling he will get his vice captaincy back a player he clearly trusts, 

Dickenson - release, a bright start for us and looked decent early on but clearly injury prone and we can’t afford to carry these types of players that spend more time in the physios room, probably on a decent wage and will free up some funds, better players will be available in the summer 

Gardner - release, again a player i like but coming towards the end of his career now and not going to get any better and like Dickenson to injury prone, we need fresher, younger legs in midfield and will be on a decent wage also 

Green - Retain, the only player we currently have with pace in the squad and we will need it next year, missed his presence in the last few games which I believe has contributed to our poor form, really good on his day see Maidenhead away and a player I believe will improve with better players around him, worth another year for me   

Tollit - release, not good enough for us and rumoured attitude problems not the type of player you want around, hes a non league journeyman, probaly sign for Chester in the summer and do well, but we can do better if we are looking at going up

Windass - RELEASE (no explanation needed)

Fondop - Retain, a tough one but the fact we are in the National league again next season he stays, a good guy to have around the club and can chip in with goals at this level, won’t cost a lot and I think he’s well liked within the club, worth another year, if he can’t catch the team next year someone in this division will defiantly take him on loan

Hope - release, a tough one because he is a player that tries and does chip in with the odd goal but I think we can do better if we are to get promoted, we also need to build for the future with our recruitment next season and carrying players like Hope just takes up another squad space I would release Hope and replace with Atherton from the youth, probaly save money doing that and can develop our own young players 

Pay up - Shelton on the basis no one will pay money for him  

Transfer list - Reid, Nuttall, Ward, Willoughby, surely someone will take these off us ? 

That leaves us with 

Hudson 

Norman 

Sutton 

Kitching 

Hogan 

Raglan 

Hobson 

Lundstram 

Sheron 

Hammond 

Conlon 

Fondop 

Green 

Garner 

Norwood 

15 players and hopefully we bring in 

RB, LB, CMs x 2, 2 x wingers, ST of quality then plus a couple of the youth lads ie Atherton will leave us with a squad of 23-24 players wich is far more manageable 

I watched Couto tonight he's still only 19yo and one I'd retain.  Because he's at an NPL club it doesn't  mean that's his level.

I don't care what league they play in its potential I look for and IMO he has it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I watched Couto tonight he's still only 19yo and one I'd retain.  Because he's at an NPL club it doesn't  mean that's his level.

I don't care what league they play in its potential I look for and IMO he has it.

He’s had it for a while but he needs to show improvement to stay

17 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He’s had it for a while but he needs to show improvement to stay

Yep he’s been absolutely crap when playing for us. 

Unsworth continuing to bring him on as a sub in central midfield when Harry Vaughan was an option remains the most puzzling decision by a manager. 

Couto could be a cheap back up, nothing more from what I have seen. 

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Unsworth continuing to bring him on as a sub in central midfield when Harry Vaughan was an option remains the most puzzling decision by a manager. 

Wasn't Couto wrapped up with Unsworths daughter? I may have made this up. It would explain why he was getting game time. 

23 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

If Couto is a cheap back up it might be an opportunity to test him tomorrow if Kitching hasn’t recovered from the injury. 

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Bit harsh, he would have been 17yo when you judged him. 

He will come good, if not here I'm sure elsewhere.

His attitude was spot on last night, something we've rarely seen from the current lot.

Let's put it this way, if it was a 19yo I'd never heard of before I'd be recommending him to the club, he showed a lot more than Sachvev.

Edited by BP1960

Couto is nearer 21 than 19.  I recall him being linked with much higher clubs when he first appeared but presumably he was well scouted and nothing came of that.  I've no idea if he's good enough but it's entirely feasible that the chaos at management level when he first got into the first team may have stunted his progress,

He's always seemed a bit lightweight when given the chance to play ( when others didn't get the same opportunity ! ) and was "out on his feet" after about an hour.

I would have liked him to have been recalled and played whilst Kitching has been sulking/knackered to see if the loan spells had benefitted him but it's getting near the end of the line I'm afraid.

17 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

He's always seemed a bit lightweight when given the chance to play ( when others didn't get the same opportunity ! ) and was "out on his feet" after about an hour.

I would have liked him to have been recalled and played whilst Kitching has been sulking/knackered to see if the loan spells had benefitted him but it's getting near the end of the line I'm afraid.

Certainly no stamina problems last night up against some very tough opponents. 

You are right he should have been recalled as back up to Kitching and fully assessed by MM.

40 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Certainly no stamina problems last night up against some very tough opponents. 

You are right he should have been recalled as back up to Kitching and fully assessed by MM.

Lovely left foot but as @Bobledgersheart said, I always thought he looked lightweight in the first team. Perhaps the season at Ashton will have helped toughen him up?

23 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Lovely left foot but as @Bobledgersheart said, I always thought he looked lightweight in the first team. Perhaps the season at Ashton will have helped toughen him up?

He's still lightweight, but certainly toughened up.

His forays down the flank were reminiscent of Andy Barlow and he did OK.

Most impressive was he can actually pass a ball, although I can see that wouldn't be an MM priority.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

He's still lightweight, but certainly toughened up.

His forays down the flank were reminiscent of Andy Barlow and he did OK.

Most impressive was he can actually pass a ball, although I can see that wouldn't be an MM priority.

Would like to see him given a go in these last two games. Surely better than knees up Kitching.

On 4/15/2024 at 1:19 PM, LightDN123 said:

Get rid of about 5 under contract 

this is an easy to say pile of wank opinion, often spouted by a certain section of our Football Genius Maths Wizard fans. 

usually followed by at least one person pointing out how that would leave us having paid for a player we can no longer pick. they always ignore that bit.

which sometimes leads to incredulous overly sarcastic posts like this one.

please digest before firing off a karen like uppity reply which totally proves my point but is lost on yourself. and don't forget to edit it 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

this is an easy to say pile of wank opinion, often spouted by a certain section of our Football Genius Maths Wizard fans. 

usually followed by at least one person pointing out how that would leave us having paid for a player we can no longer pick. they always ignore that bit.

which sometimes leads to incredulous overly sarcastic posts like this one.

please digest before firing off a karen like uppity reply which totally proves my point but is lost on yourself. and don't forget to edit it 🙄

You okay Monty ?

Just off the top of my head, Nuttall, Kurt, Reid, Shelton and Ward are 5 players under contract which Mellon will certainly not play or give a chance to next season.

Why is it such ridiculous statement to say shift them on ? Never mentioned pay offs. Sell them or loan them out for all I care, don’t care how it gets done. 

I think we can all agree we need rid of players. Or I am misunderstanding your post. 

• Like 1

If Couto is the answer in front of Kitching then we really are fucked, he was torn apart pre season at places like Chorley by journeyman wingers, I've not seen him play since about Christmas but don't suspect he's turned in to Roberto Carlos overnight. He's another one who points a lot without actually doing much and even though he is still relatively young I can't see him being Mellon's bag anyway.