It's Official - it wasn't Rochdale's fault.......

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely its all about trying to limit the chance of violence taking place ? Rochdale and the police must have known that if they had made it all ticket for the game it might well have stopped maybe 50% of the people who went to the game when they realised they could just turn up and walk into the ground ? How many times have latics closed the rocky to home fans on the advice of police or given the large section to away fans for them to bring less than what could easily have gone into the small section ? If somebody wants to have a scrap they will nodoubt end up getting one but I think that this fixture needed every possible option being used to try and stop it.

I'm not sure we should make more of this than we need to. Rochdale FC, as far as as I can see, behaved reasonably in their planning and relied on the good sense of people to act sensibly. The overwhelming majority of the 7000+ people there behaved decently but, as is sadly often the case, a few people let themselves and the club they support, down.

Frankly, I think It is entirely fair to say that Oldham fans who bought tickets for the Home stands are ultimately to blame.....if you gatecrash a party you're in the wrong. Equally, there will be some Rochdale fans who need to take a look at themselves and their reactions.

I think it would have been better if the two clubs had released a joint statement. let's not let a little bit of stupidity spoil the positive vibe around both clubs.

i also think Hulk Hogan is innocent.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for any Oldham fans who went in the sandy lane end jumped up when we scored and promptly got twated. Nor do I have any sympathy for those who did the same at Stockport or Bury.

Or any City Leeds Man U fans who have been in the home ends at Latics and proceeded to be on the end of a good kicking.

Yes, because the fair and appropriate reaction to someone celebrating a goal is "a good kicking".

They didn't have tickets they were told to stay away for their own safety they ignored it.

I don't condone violence I condone stupidity even less.

So if an opposition fan jumps up in the Chaddy end when they score and I beat him to within an inch of his life - if I tell the judge he was cheering for the other team, he'll let me off then surely as he was asking for a good kicking...

So if an opposition fan jumps up in the Chaddy end when they score and I beat him to within an inch of his life - if I tell the judge he was cheering for the other team, he'll let me off then surely as he was asking for a good kicking...

Like I said I don't condone stupidity.

If you want to assault someone in an environment where their are thousands of witnesses and CCTV cameras you will get what's coming to you.

But if you openly ignore the police advise not to go in the home ends and then proceed to draw attention to yourself when we score sorry I've no sympathy.

You don't go looking for trouble it doesn't come and find you.

Like I said I don't condone stupidity.

If you want to assault someone in an environment where their are thousands of witnesses and CCTV cameras you will get what's coming to you.

But if you openly ignore the police advise not to go in the home ends and then proceed to draw attention to yourself when we score sorry I've no sympathy.

You don't go looking for trouble it doesn't come and find you.

And I do agree Glossop - but just because we don't condone them going in their end when told not to, it isn't a criminal offence. Assault is.

If it had happened in the MLS, the fans would have been booed and called "ass holes", not set upon by thugs and violently assaulted.

And I do agree Glossop - but just because we don't condone them going in their end when told not to, it isn't a criminal offence. Assault is.

If it had happened in the MLS, the fans would have been booed and called "ass holes", not set upon by thugs and violently assaulted.

Now I love a tenuous analogy as much as the next man, but I'm not sure you'll convince many round here that MLS is the standard bearer for football fan behaviour.

Anyway I don't think a lack of sympathy for those who celebrate away goals in the home end is condoning assault, it's just an acknowledgement that they could quite easily have avoided the situation.

Anyway I don't think a lack of sympathy for those who celebrate away goals in the home end is condoning assault, it's just an acknowledgement that they could quite easily have avoided the situation.

And they did when we scored the first. And then chose not to when we scored the second. Neanderthals on both sides, and all want banning.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for any Oldham fans who went in the sandy lane end jumped up when we scored and promptly got twated. Nor do I have any sympathy for those who did the same at Stockport or Bury.

Or any City Leeds Man U fans who have been in the home ends at Latics and proceeded to be on the end of a good kicking.

I can distinctly remember my Dad giving an opposition fan a clip round the ear in the Rochdale Road End pre-segregation as a reminder that he should watch his language. He behaved himself.

Edited by Dave_Og