The Boycott of Home Matches

The boycott of home games  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be boycotting home games for the duration of Ched Evans time if he is signed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on his perfomance and team efforts/league position

Think the club should really address the fans on this the people that pay there money week in week out, boycotting would be damaging to the club, they should send a letter out to every season ticket holder and get thier opinion/vote, I would still go and support if Evans signed as I did when Hughes signed because I'm supporting the club and not the individual, would I celebrate if he scores probably not but if Evans wins his appeal wich I think he will, then there will be a list of clubs a mile long wanting to sign him. It's a huge risk in losing sponsors and I can't belive Corney has even entertained the idea with the backlash.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not get everyone against it to attend the next few games and have a sit in! I support Latics, not Simon Corney or the shower of a board. I will still be going when they have long gone. If people really give a crap, show it and turn up. Support the team for 90 minutes and protest after the final whistle. it's too easy to whine and bitch on social media these days. Ched Rapist or no Ched rapist I will be there on Saturday cheering for 3 points

I agree.

Get out of our club

You rapist scumbag

Get of our club.

Doesn't sound the same if you're sat at home Claim back your club. If we sign him, then it's up to us to get him out!

(And as for you, you ginger :censored: who's just been on the local news - don't be so stupid. Dick).

I'll support the club through thick and thin. Football fans are fickle and I'm sure many who boycott will be back by the end of the season if he fires us into the top six.

I don't think anyone boycotting would be taking that decision lightly. Certainly not because they are fickle.

Does anyone really believe that should any supporters who've followed the club for decades walk away or boycott games they will be doing so lightly?

Any decision to stop following the club would be hugely difficult for someone who has dedicated every other Saturday to Oldham Athletic for as long as they can remember.

For these even to be being contemplated demonstrates just how passionately some people feel about this potential signing.

Edited by Latics and England

He's not the club.

Why would any true supporter want to damage their own club?

Don't agree with the signing. Not for one second. I will make my feelings clear, but i won't damage the club because of a rapist or anyone else.

If this goes ahead, how is it our club? Despite Barry saying otherwise in his BBC interview in October there has been zero discussion with fans about signing him.

I'm boycotting all matches if he signs. Home, away. Not paying a penny towards the club. It'll break my heart, I never boycotted them when Moore was in charge, didn't even when we signed Lee Hughes. But I'd feel a hypocrite to myself if I went while that :censored: was wearing an Oldham shirt.

Iv'e been supporting Latics for 57 years, and for most of that time it has been an ordeal. The Royle years were a long time coming but sensational when they did. I'm sat here tonight sick to the core as to the soap opera that is unfolding. I am angry at the fact that we appear to be rudderless, and haven't got a clue as to what kind of future the club is facing. Falling gates, the never ending story of the new stand, and dozens of other things that irritate over the years, have driven me to doubt my sanity. BUT I support Oldham Athletic and will continue to do so whatever. Boycott games!!!!!!. A true supporter wouldn't even think about it.

A true father and husband would. I won't be going and I hardly miss a game. Shame on you Simon Corney.

It shocking the number of men who couldn't really care less about what this guy has done and his lack of remorse / looking to make him the victim.... As a father it makes me worry for my daughter...

I'm disgusted

I'm angry

I'll be there Saturday ???

Edited by oafc0000

It shocking the number of men who couldn't really care less about what this guy has done and his lack of remorse / looking to make him the victim.... As a father it makes me worry for my daughter...

I'm disgusted

I'm angry

I'll be there Saturday ???

It really is scary.

I'm at university at the moment so it isn't as easy for me to get to games as it used to be. Before, I made the effort - now, I don't think I'll bother. When I'm home I think I might miss a couple of games that I could have easily gone to as my small form of protest, because I can't bring myself to begin cheering a goal and then look at who's celebrating and seeing his face. After that; I'm an Oldham fan, and I don't think I can stay away in the long term, but the club have made it a lot easier for me to.

makes me laugh people saying they put up with hughes but not evans. hughes killed someone. I hated every second he was at bp never sang his name and hated him whilst others purred.

its pathetic.

evans no evans. I will be there week in week out because it's my club not his.

Ed Miliband, the leader of the Labour party,today advised Oldham not to sign Ched Evans.

In the house, Harriet Harman, sits on Ed's left. She has been convicted, but still retains her job and allowed to work.

On Ed's right sits Ed Balls. He's been accused of "hit and run" but once realised he'd been spotted, admitted his offence. He still retains his job and allowed to work.

Jeffrey Archer,who is supported financially by millions of book buyers, was convicted of perjury and of perverting the course of justice and duly jailed, is still allowed to work by writing and publishing his books and earning a fortune, thank you very much.

Much nearer home, Joey Barton has twice been convicted of assault, sentenced and imprisoned, but he is still allowed to play football, today in the Premiership for QPR.

Ched Evans has been convicted, served his time, but is being hounded and to date not allowed to return to his work as a footballer

Methinks double standards are being applied.

I back Oldham for their courage in allowing Ched to work for them.

Ched should be allowed to return to his previous work just as other convicted people have.

It really is scary.

Behave.....Ched Evans or any other sex offender will not influence any Latics supporter to commit a rape on a female or male for that matter....jesus. I am all for individual opinion and choice to go or not attend a football match, but come on keep it real.

I wish people would understand that it his lack of remorse and his pleading of innocence despite being convicted and having his appeal rejected by another judge which is creating the backlash. It is in no way, shape or form the same as Lee Hughes, Joey Barton or Ed :censored:ing Balls. You can't be rehabilitated if you cannot or will not accept the crime for which you have been convicted of.

Behave.....Ched Evans or any other sex offender will not influence any Latics supporter to commit a rape on a female or male for that matter....jesus. I am all for individual opinion and choice to go or not attend a football match, but come on keep it real.

Not on about role models, there's a lot of people out there though, young men in particular it seems, who are seemingly unaware or not interested in the severity and vileness of the crime.

Ed Miliband, the leader of the Labour party,today advised Oldham not to sign Ched Evans.

In the house, Harriet Harman, sits on Ed's left. She has been convicted, but still retains her job and allowed to work.

On Ed's right sits Ed Balls. He's been accused of "hit and run" but once realised he'd been spotted, admitted his offence. He still retains his job and allowed to work.

Jeffrey Archer,who is supported financially by millions of book buyers, was convicted of perjury and of perverting the course of justice and duly jailed, is still allowed to work by writing and publishing his books and earning a fortune, thank you very much.

Much nearer home, Joey Barton has twice been convicted of assault, sentenced and imprisoned, but he is still allowed to play football, today in the Premiership for QPR.

Ched Evans has been convicted, served his time, but is being hounded and to date not allowed to return to his work as a footballer

Ched should be allowed to return to his previous work just as other convicted people have.

well said

Other convicted people don't get to return to their previous work though - as I've said before a copper, teacher or Doctor would struggle after his conviction to say the least - no one is saying he shouldnt be allowed to work but in a position where he will be cheered by kids nah not for me - I know for a fact if was convicted of rape I would not be allowed to reenter my "chosen profession" I'd have to make do with what I could get

After 62 years, I wouldn't touch the club with a bargepole again until Corney is out. This episode is shameful. I am a "stakeholder". I have watched us through thick and thin, but the lack of morality here is sickening. Nobody has asked me for my views. I can't believe that I'd countenance harming the club, but an early relegation might help us in the long term. It would certainly clean the filth from my nostrils and hastens this board's departure. We have become a disgace to the civilised world. One good thing about a boycott is that it would hit Corney in the balls. It would burn him, and help get his hand out of the till.This could be turned into a very similar position to what happened at Swansea a decade ago, when another London spiv "owner" was physically thrown out of the Vetch. And look what happened there. Supporters can make a difference. The few hundred nazis that support Corney will soon disappear when they are confronted.

Chav Evans is an unrepentant rapist whom, with his rich friends and footballing-chums, is hounding a victim to desperation. She has had to move home five times in five months (thanks in part to his old chum now in exile with the Cumbrian giants). The Lord Chief Justice has said unequivocally that there are no grounds for appeal, ie that the facts and arguments were fully discussed and that a jury had come to an unarguable decision. And he thinks he is fit to play fo the Latics.

Friends are about to arrange a demo when we visit next month. Boycott, boycott, boycott.