Club statement

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute dummy-spitting. Pathetic.

1. Corney wasn't shy about his important guests and made no effort to keep their identity or visit confidential.

2. Scholes being there was indisputable.

3. Complaining about the Daily Mail's reporting is pissing into the wind. What does he think that'll achieve other than drawing more attention?

My guess:

Either Scholes is pissed off that he was invited to help the youth team but has now realised it was also to impress visitors, or the visitors are pissed off at the fuss made about their appearance.

It's Barry blaming the fans all over again.

Absolute dummy-spitting. Pathetic.

1. Corney wasn't shy about his important guests and made no effort to keep their identity or visit confidential.

2. Scholes being there was indisputable.

3. Complaining about the Daily Mail's reporting is pissing into the wind. What does he think that'll achieve other than drawing more attention?

My guess:

Either Scholes is pissed off that he was invited to help the youth team but has now realised it was also to impress visitors, or the visitors are pissed off at the fuss made about their appearance.

It's Barry blaming the fans all over again.

This.

That was hardly a press release and only fueled speculation IMO.

It wasn't a press release. It was something put out there (after a few other hints about good things around the corner) by someone who The Chairman seems very comfortable communicating through. Who was fuelling speculation?

Senior people at the club telling fans that they have two important Chinese visiters is not going to lead to speculation other than potential investment / new owners so they let the cat out the bag.

In reality they came, they saw and didn't fancy it so this article is being used as a scape goat because if you really wanted to invest that article would not do a thing to stop you.

My biggest concern is that a press release has gone out with a final paragraph that is so poorly written it doesn't make sense, which is a far bigger indicator as to why you would not invest in us.

It wasn't a press release. It was something put out there (after a few other hints about good things around the corner) by someone who The Chairman seems very comfortable communicating through. Who was fuelling speculation?

My point is by the club not giving a proper press release about the intentions of the Chinese visitors on Tuesday it lead to speculation and high hopes from fans, which now maybe shattered.

They might well be still keen, but the clubs statement tonight has put a dampener on it for me.

I'm sure if he wanted to, and that's entirely up to him, Matt Chambers could shed some light on all this - ie. did the club request that the Chron not run anything on the Chinese lads.

I'd wager they did - and the Chron agreed - until Mike Keegan's piece went out at which point the cat was out of the bag.

If the club were being cagey, then that explains why they're miffed with Mike. They're hanging him out to dry now because they're annoyed that he wrote about what was going on.

My point is by the club not giving a proper press release about the intentions of the Chinese visitors on Tuesday it lead to speculation and high hopes from fans, which now maybe shattered.

They might well be still keen, but the clubs statement tonight has put a dampener on it for me.

We're all desperate for some investment into the club, but despite the unprecedented effort put into wooing these guys, I never once felt it would come to anything.

I can't imagine potential buyers/investors would ever be too impressed with a club doing a press release about their possible interest......

Surely, if you're a non-gutter Journo, you go to the club and say "hey, I've got this article I'm going to run with. I can hold off if you feel it may be detrimental. I would like an exclusive in return tho please when the times right" Then everyone's a winner. Unless they say no to the exclusive and then the article gets run and the club have no comeback. This way...everyone appears to have lost.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Surely, if you're a non-gutter Journo, you go to the club and say "hey, I've got this article I'm going to run with. I can hold off if you feel it may be detrimental. I would like an exclusive in return tho please when the times right" Then everyone's a winner. Unless they say no to the exclusive and then the article gets run and the club have no comeback. This way...everyone appears to have lost.

More than one journalist would get wind of the story. A club can't promise exclusive stories to everybody.

Most times the press just have to run with something or else they'll never run anything and then we never learn anything.