Players linked with us

3 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

No but I remember the ambush outside when the hammers thugs bottled my mate. Luckily he blocked it with his arm. 

Yep remember that...think it was the league Cup? Queue outside the tubestation wasn't particularly friendly in my latics shirt either!! 

15 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Yep remember that...think it was the league Cup? Queue outside the tubestation wasn't particularly friendly in my latics shirt either!! 

Boxing Day, 1991. Midday KO. Upton Park. Football League we’re taking the p1ss. Think we got on a Barlow’s coach about 4am. Was pretty tasty on the streets around East London that day too. Horrible lot.

Edited by lookersstandandy

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Boxing Day, 1991. Midday KO. Upton Park. Football League we’re taking the p1ss. Think we got on a Barlow’s coach about 4am. Was pretty tasty on the streets around East London that day too. Horrible lot.

god what a day that was came strait off a night shift having started at 10pm  xmas day slept all the way down on the coach for a stupid start think we stopped at hilton park that was closed so bugger all to eat till we got there  crap game cant even remember the result then back on the coach and in for another night shift 

14 hours ago, peanuts said:

god what a day that was came strait off a night shift having started at 10pm  xmas day slept all the way down on the coach for a stupid start think we stopped at hilton park that was closed so bugger all to eat till we got there  crap game cant even remember the result then back on the coach and in for another night shift 

We lost 2-0. Trevor Morley scored one of them. They were still angry about the 6-0.

4 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Anyway- Replying to the actual topic title.

Have we been linked with anyone other than O’Gravy and Benteke Jnr? 

Nothing officially.

Maybe if Byrne is moved on and we get a fee for Hamer we will see / hear something this week.

For me Byrne can go, surely he would free up funds for a striker ??

3 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Nothing officially.

Maybe if Byrne is moved on and we get a fee for Hamer we will see / hear something this week.

For me Byrne can go, surely he would free up funds for a striker ??

Byrne must be on very good money to have tempted him to sign, so paying him off would be very expensive. Lot's of clubs will be put off signing him especially for a fee after what must be attitude problems both here and at Wigan and possibly Blackburn.  We may be stuck with him.

4 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Anyway- Replying to the actual topic title.

Have we been linked with anyone other than O’Gravy and Benteke Jnr? 

No names given, but a reference to PL kid I've seen pop up a couple of times.

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

Byrne must be on very good money to have tempted him to sign, so paying him off would be very expensive. Lot's of clubs will be put off signing him especially for a fee after what must be attitude problems both here and at Wigan and possibly Blackburn.  We may be stuck with him.

Not a bad problem to have as he'll take the piss out of any opposition in League Two and the same goes for both Gardner and Jose 

38 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Not a bad problem to have as he'll take the piss out of any opposition in League Two and the same goes for both Gardner and Jose 

Something to be said about group dynamics and organisational structure here - the one thing that is worse for a group than a dick head is a dick head that is better than everyone else.