Players linked with us

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Unless you're a 12 year old American girl I'm now with the bloke with the disrespectful weightist username (that nobody ever called our greatest ever manager anyway) for that... 

That’s fair. It’s the people I work with. The other day, instead of saying men or lads I said guys and I have found myself, on ocassion, greeting people by saying hey. It’s just completely unacceptable, I know.

Edited by Monty Burns
Added a comma after ocassion.

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

That’s fair. It’s the people I work with. The other day, instead of saying men or lads I said guys and I have found myself, on ocassion, greeting people by saying hey. It’s just completely unacceptable, I know.

Fucking hell.

"Can I get..." aswell?

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Happy holidays Monty.

3 minutes ago, Magister said:

Yep that irritates  me too ......it is Christmas and how in heaven's  name  has become non PC and unacceptable to wish somebody Happy Christmas

It hasn't.  The Daily Mail has probably claimed that to be the case at some time.

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It hasn't.  The Daily Mail has probably claimed that to be the case at some time.

try a couple of years in the public sector and come up with a Christmas card that says Christmes greetings and see the reaction and you might change your mind Dave

38 minutes ago, Magister said:

try a couple of years in the public sector and come up with a Christmas card that says Christmes greetings and see the reaction and you might change your mind Dave

Christmes?

PS

Happy Holidays is offensive to all those who aren’t on holiday. Season’s greetings, however.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Happy holidays Monty.

57 minutes ago, Magister said:

Yep that irritates  me too ......it is Christmas and how in heaven's  name  has become non PC and unacceptable to wish somebody Happy Christmas

It's a Yank thing rather than a PC thing isn't it?

Even odder as very few of them take more than a day or two's actual "holiday" from one of their 7 jobs....

Land of the free......

10 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Christmes?

PS

Happy Holidays is offensive to all those who aren’t on holiday. Season’s greetings, however.

That'll be doctors nurses and taxi drivers then?.........seriously hats off to all who work over Christmas making it sustainable for the rest of us...thanks and best wishes

It still amazes me that most Yanks only get 2 weeks holiday a year mostly.

It's so easy to sack someone, many don't even take that.

Some global compaies are copying the more European levels, but most don't.
Even then, there is no obligation for any of it to be even paid.

Kind why holidays are important to them.

Edited by singe

56 minutes ago, singe said:

It still amazes me that most Yanks only get 2 weeks holiday a year mostly.

It's so easy to sack someone, many don't even take that.

Some global compaies are copying the more European levels, but most don't.
Even then, there is no obligation for any of it to be even paid.

Kind why holidays are important to them.

People on very average incomes in the poorest US states hold in pretty well against the norm in the richest countries in Europe in terms of purchasing parity (Jargon King)

• 4 months later...
On 12/10/2017 at 9:06 PM, singe said:

Seemingly we played a behind closed doors friendly v Derby last week, and PLymouth midfielder Ruben Lameiras played on trial for us.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/plymouth-argyle-manager-derek-adams-903821

It didn't go well though....

Got to say this was on Wellen's watch. I know things were tricky then, but  organising a trial isn't that hard. Inless it was Paul Jewell's job....!

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shambolic-oldham-athletic-trial-reason-1508570

LaticsNik with the tweet about it.

8 minutes ago, singe said:

Got to say this was on Wellen's watch. I know things were tricky then, but  organising a trial isn't that hard. Inless it was Paul Jewell's job....!

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shambolic-oldham-athletic-trial-reason-1508570

Leta face it 9 turning up was 9 more than turned up Tuesday night! 

1 hour ago, singe said:

Fault of the pitch/weather/opposition better facilities/injuries/training facilities/players not listening/fans not being vocal. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Fault of the pitch/weather/opposition better facilities/injuries/training facilities/players not listening/fans not being vocal. 

Not of those stop you getting 10 players together, for something you've set arranged. 

4 hours ago, singe said:

9 players! I thought we had about 40 players on the books (albeit most if them midfielders)..where were they all?

Edited by BP1960