Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's matchday revenue. Presumably some hospitality is linked to sponsorship so that would be part of the overall package

Indeed, I thought RM stating a loss may be because he (not unreasonably) interpretted the red as net profit/loss rather than income. I've  reasoned that is the bit stripped out and allocated just to hospitality, because their match ball sponsorship alone is £420 but includes meal, use of the suite, programme, signed ball etc. but also access to a pay bar. I figured the pay bar is in one of the other lines.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, singe said:

Holt states away fans vital for business. ......

Last season, there were - on average - 747 away fans per game at BP.

So far this season, that number is 320. Down by 427.

Over 23 games that's 9,821 people @ c£13 a pop [using Andy's Holt's number after VAT & commission], + c£2per person [again, using Andy Holt's numbers] sundries that's £147,315.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Few things to note. Hospitality seemed to cost money, which is slightly surprising, but I suppose that only accounts for the day people, not the ones who have a season ticket etc. 

The comm on away tickets is presumably the commission the away side gets as part of selling tickets. I saw last year Rotherham said it was 5% for every ticket sold in advance. This is one thing we as a fan-base could be doing to help improve finances, buy more tickets in advance. But I can fully appreciate the difficulties in doing so. 

Their program seemingly cost £1, we charge triple but I wouldn't mind betting ours costs more to produce. 

I also would be interested to see the difference in beer sales for away fans since the move to the Chaddy as certainly the last time I was in the Chaddy it wasn't that easy to get food and drink. But away fans spend more on food and drink. 

With all the latest news now on the internet it's not surprising match programmes at £3 are in decline.

It's been shown in the publishing world where the likes of the daily  Oldham Chron have gone to the wall.

Perhaps a rethink is needed whether the Rotherham initiative is the way forward for  OAFC?

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Few things to note. Hospitality seemed to cost money, which is slightly surprising, but I suppose that only accounts for the day people, not the ones who have a season ticket etc. 

The comm on away tickets is presumably the commission the away side gets as part of selling tickets. I saw last year Rotherham said it was 5% for every ticket sold in advance. This is one thing we as a fan-base could be doing to help improve finances, buy more tickets in advance. But I can fully appreciate the difficulties in doing so. 

Their program seemingly cost £1, we charge triple but I wouldn't mind betting ours costs more to produce. 

I also would be interested to see the difference in beer sales for away fans since the move to the Chaddy as certainly the last time I was in the Chaddy it wasn't that easy to get food and drink. But away fans spend more on food and drink. 

Stanley's programmes are actually £3.  The 1257 figure is the income not the number of programmes sold - they just missed off the pound sign in the first column.

On 11/20/2018 at 12:54 PM, singe said:

Big update of the staff page today. Some left quite some time ago though.

Removed:
-    Assistant Manager
-
Changed:

Goalkeeping Coach    Andy Rhodes +    [vacant]

-    Simon Cooper ... into: +    TBC

-    Richard Cooper.. into: [vacant]

+    Head of Coach Development +Chris Millington

-    Natalie Seaton ... into: +    Mark Sheridan

Removed:
-    Administrator -    Natalie Seaton

Changed: -   

Stadium and Facilities Manager ... into: +    Head Groundsman
-    Lee Williams ... into: +    Paul Flynn

Technically possibly not OAFC staff, but Jenny Warburton has left the OEC today, according to here tweet. 

I think of it as a brain drain, they can't all be bad at their job, but a lot of knowledge and experience has gone in a short period of time. 

Revolution rather than evolution. 

21 minutes ago, singe said:

Technically possibly not OAFC staff, but Jenny Warburton has left the OEC today, according to here tweet. 

I think of it as a brain drain, they can't all be bad at their job, but a lot of knowledge and experience has gone in a short period of time. 

No relevance to the football club whatsoever, she was employed by those bumming us from across the pond.

Jenny has left because she is pregnant 

9 hours ago, latics22 said:

Why leave because your pregnant ?

When I last spoke to her she told me she would be leaving in November and that was last July. She said that she was pregnant then. So she had already told AL then that she would be leaving. It’s not something she has just decided to do. 

10 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

When I last spoke to her she told me she would be leaving in November and that was last July. She said that she was pregnant then. So she had already told AL then that she would be leaving. It’s not something she has just decided to do. 

I thought she worked for the OEC.

13 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I thought she worked for the OEC.

Give it a rest. Everyone at the club knew she was leaving in July. It’s not important who her immediate employer was. What I am trying to say is that it’s not because of AL that she has gone.

28 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Give it a rest. Everyone at the club knew she was leaving in July. It’s not important who her immediate employer was. What I am trying to say is that it’s not because of AL that she has gone.

But she left in November?

Only kidding.

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Why is she telling al then? Did he try to sack her and she said sorry I don’t work for you and by the way I’m leaving anyway,  just so you know?its like me quitting and going to the company next door, telling them I’m leaving 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, latics22 said:

Why is she telling al then? Did he try to sack her and she said sorry I don’t work for you and by the way I’m leaving anyway,  just so you know?its like me quitting and going to the company next door, telling them I’m leaving 🤷🏻‍♂️

Archived