Squad movements, summer 2018

1 hour ago, unsworthlatic said:

Apparently, Sam Surridge to join on loan as reported by Pete O'Rourke. Is this who you recommended BP?

From my OWTB note book 2016

Sam Surridge (18)
Centre forward
Bournemouth FC

Very impressed with him during the Latics v Bournemouth FA youth cup tie, big, quick and mobile, excellent first touch and lays the ball off extremely well.
Needs to work on his finishing, but looks a good prospect.
It will be interesing to see if Bournemouth send him out on loan.

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Always amazed that anyone recognises these players. There's only about three on Latics' books that I could pick out of a crowd. As Cotterell was last seen playing a handful of games in India seems plausible that he is looking for a club back here. 

He came back as his wife was having a baby, so that backs up what you say. Quite why he was going to India with a baby on the way, who knows. But I think the India season ends in March, so perhaps a v short term contract. Surprised no other UK was  willing to take him on so logic was say just the money.

Agree about the recognition. I saw someone at a party on Friday night about 20 feet away and had to do a double take and stare it was not a friend we know.

18 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

O'Grady was shit 10 years ago, and has scored 10 in the last 4 years. May well end up being useful, but struggling to get excited about this one...

Shit for us in League one but scored 20+ for Dale in League 2.

But there's no difference between leagues 1 and 2 according to many. 

7 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

He went on to do well in the Championship with Barnsley after Dale earning himself a move to Brighton who were/are a very ambitious club. There honestly isn’t much difference between League One and Two, by far the biggest gap is Championship to League One.

Edited by Ryan

10 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Trouble is that was 9 seasons ago, last season it was 2!
I don't know his assists though.

There may be doubts about the quality of the squad but one big positive for me so far is no short term contracts/loans.

Should mean that the January window doesn’t leave half the team wondering if they’re coming or going. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

There may be doubts about the quality of the squad but one big positive for me so far is no short term contracts/loans.

Should mean that the January window doesn’t leave half the team wondering if they’re coming or going. 

Really don't think it is a positive...

44 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Really don't think it is a positive...

Why isn’t it positive ??? Having the spine of your team leave in January like last season, remember what happened 7 months ago

better to have season long loans, be better still to have contracted players who may give a shit and want to achieve something 

5 minutes ago, Brisbaneblue said:

Why isn’t it positive ??? Having the spine of your team leave in January like last season, remember what happened 7 months ago

better to have season long loans, be better still to have contracted players who may give a shit and want to achieve something 

Season long loans are positive, signing free transfers on 1 year contracts less so.

And the manager is only on a rolling contract.

26 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Season long loans are positive, signing free transfers on 1 year contracts less so.

And the manager is only on a rolling contract.

Overall it is all more positive than having a number of key players leave in Jan like the last two seasons.  That was the point.  Your comments don’t change that. 

Edited by kowenicki