Squad movements, summer 2018

24 minutes ago, singe said:

Didn't realise we have Stephen Robinson's son here.

So that is Scholes son, Shez's son, and Robbo's son in the same side.

Beat a few championship teams and 1 prem league team to sign Harry. Suppose to have a bright future. Would imagine he will be off to Motherwell if we don’t offer him a pro deal at the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Beat a few championship teams and 1 prem league team to sign Harry. Suppose to have a bright future. Would imagine he will be off to Motherwell if we don’t offer him a pro deal at the end of the season. 

Nar scared his dad will bully him

15 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Adequate backup but this lad was 5th choice striker in our relegated team so I’d be very concerned if he was starting games.

Under a clueless manager that clearly had favourites... wouldn’t read too much in to that if I was you. 

22 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Adequate backup but this lad was 5th choice striker in our relegated team so I’d be very concerned if he was starting games.

Behind: 

A top League one striker who we had on loan. 

A decent League one striker who ended up scoring around 15 goals last season (pretty good for the 2nd striker), who has now left. 

Another decent League one striker on loan who scored 7 goals in half a season. 

A League one forward who whilst not scoring goals had an all-round game that helped keep us up 2 seasons in a row, who has now left. 

We scored a similar number of goals to some of the teams who were fighting for a play-off spot last season, scoring goals wasn't a problem, it was conceding them. The brief cameo I saw from him last season showed he might have something for League 2.

I think we will get at least another, if not 2 more, strikers in. Plus technically Duffus can still play for us from October can't he. 

There honestly isn’t that much difference between both divisions. I’d love to see the average finishing positions of relegated League 1 sides and promoted League 2 sides for the season following the event - relegated League 1 sides very rarely bounce back straight away and the promoted League 2 sides always seem to survive with a couple pushing for back to back promotions.

42 minutes ago, Ryan said:

As long as you are concerned then the rest of don't have to be. PHEW !!!

33 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

As long as you are concerned then the rest of don't have to be. PHEW !!!

Please give me one reason for optimism if our fifth choice striker in a relegated side is starting games the following season. He’s looked ‘ok’ against a few local pub sides - compare him to the calibre of strikers that other clubs in our league are signing. You don’t need to blindly optimistic about everything, honestly mate.

Edited by Ryan

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Please give me one reason for optimism if our fifth choice striker in a relegated side is starting games the following season. He’s looked ‘ok’ against a few local pub sides - look at the calibre of strikers that other clubs in our league are signing. You don’t need to blindly optimistic about everything, honestly mate.

I'm concerned, but to call Girona's practical full team and Forest is not right.
On the other hand I think he will be 3rd choice with O'Grady  and Prem Youth Striker  so not quite a panic. he has been made to prove himself and he could do not more than he did.

7 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Please give me one reason for optimism if our fifth choice striker in a relegated side is starting games the following season. He’s looked ‘ok’ against a few local pub sides - compare him to the calibre of strikers that other clubs in our league are signing. You don’t need to blindly optimistic about everything, honestly mate.

JBB will be laying them on a plate for him.  He can't fail.

So, is Doyle returning on loan or permanently?  Just asking for someone (the wife)

With Benteke not taking #9 or #10 then hopefully this means two strikers coming in next week (or even ahead of PNE game).

Uncertain who this Fulham loanee is because Elstone is a free agent.  As we’ve signed Benteke then hopefully it means COG won’t be filling one of those slots.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

I'm not optimistic about everything pal.

Just realistic about what & where we are as a club at present.

You don't seem to have anything other than a negative point of view on most posts on here.

Its not good for you being a glass half empty person all the time.

Up to you tho, as is my realism of OAFC and the fact that we are in Div 4.

Its like you expect to know everything going on within the club,  Marquee signings, the ins and outs of everything.

Chill the feck out, we all want us to do well but we cant do nowt about it if we don't other than keep supporting or not.

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

So, is Doyle returning on loan or permanently?  Just asking for someone (the wife)

With Benteke not taking #9 or #10 then hopefully this means two strikers coming in next week (or even ahead of PNE game).

Uncertain who this Fulham loanee is because Elstone is a free agent.  As we’ve signed Benteke then hopefully it means COG won’t be filling one of those slots.

May be not Elstone.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Don't rate him and he won't score many in League 2 but if he has been brought in as back up then fair enough,  if he is starting we won't be scoring many. Only my opinion mind.

My take he's a player capable of improvement with a good work ethic and could well score goals given the service.

FB obviously wanted to see more of him before signing and now he has he must be satisfied Benteke will do a good job for the team.

Edited by BP1960