Transfer Rumours

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Good that we're changing the personnel, but ultimately pointless if we're not going to change the system we play..

To change the system we need more creativity and accurate passing. McCann can do the accurate passing from a defensive position, but we need someone in midfield capable of assisting and scoring goals. We will probably have to wait until the summer for that. We can however start setting the team up now for next season now.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Scorer of good goals? All goals are good I would have thought (unless in our net). 

His goals are usually well struck from the edge of the penalty area.

Let's hope our other players know that and feed him the ball there.

No good punting it up in the air to him.

Hello, didn’t think I’d ever be posting on here again, but as a former lifelong Latics fan who jumped ship to Fylde about 4 years ago and has had a season ticket up there for the last 3, I thought I’d give you a run down on Danny Rowe

Danny Rowe is a Fylde legend, who up until this season was a goal scoring machine. This season he has looked uninterested since August. But, he has one of the hardest shots I’ve ever seen and it’s accurate too. Give him the ball within 23 yards of goal in space and he will score 70%+ of the time. 

The guy takes an amazing free kick, he is a threat from anywhere within 35 years of goal and generally his passing and crossing are excellent. 

There is obviously a downside, otherwise he wouldn’t be playing in the NL. Don’t play a through ball for Rowey, unless it’s within 3 yards of him he isn’t chasing it, and if he does, he isn’t blessed with pace, in fact he is very slow, he will be outpaced by all but the fattest. Also don’t play it in the air to him, for a man of 6’1” his heading is poor. He can flick the odd ball on, but it’s usually in the wrong direction 

He also goes missing for large chunks of games, and you would describe the guy as lazy, but you can forgive him this as he would usually pop up with a goal.

The most annoying thing about Rowey is when this are not going his way, he gets very frustrated, his reaction to this is to completely go missing, start kicking people or shooting from impossible angles and positions.

Really the only way to get the best out of him is to have 10 other players on the pitch who’s sole focus is to find Danny Rowe in space in and around the box, do that and your laughing

12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

His goals are usually well struck from the edge of the penalty area.

Let's hope our other players know that and feed him the ball there.

No good punting it up in the air to him.

And there lies the problem,difficult for Maouche to play that pass when a donkey like Sylla is keeping him on the bench.

2 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

it would worry meeting if we have parted with anything like £350,000 for his services given that he's nearly 30 years old

It's worried me for years that we do so so rarely....

A signing where if he isn't a success it'll be down to bad luck rather than the usual glaringly obvious bad judgement 

6 minutes ago, Doctor_Worm said:

Hello, didn’t think I’d ever be posting on here again, but as a former lifelong Latics fan who jumped ship to Fylde about 4 years ago and has had a season ticket up there for the last 3, I thought I’d give you a run down on Danny Rowe

Danny Rowe is a Fylde legend, who up until this season was a goal scoring machine. This season he has looked uninterested since August. But, he has one of the hardest shots I’ve ever seen and it’s accurate too. Give him the ball within 23 yards of goal in space and he will score 70%+ of the time. 

The guy takes an amazing free kick, he is a threat from anywhere within 35 years of goal and generally his passing and crossing are excellent. 

There is obviously a downside, otherwise he wouldn’t be playing in the NL. Don’t play a through ball for Rowey, unless it’s within 3 yards of him he isn’t chasing it, and if he does, he isn’t blessed with pace, in fact he is very slow, he will be outpaced by all but the fattest. Also don’t play it in the air to him, for a man of 6’1” his heading is poor. He can flick the odd ball on, but it’s usually in the wrong direction 

He also goes missing for large chunks of games, and you would describe the guy as lazy, but you can forgive him this as he would usually pop up with a goal.

The most annoying thing about Rowey is when this are not going his way, he gets very frustrated, his reaction to this is to completely go missing, start kicking people or shooting from impossible angles and positions.

Really the only way to get the best out of him is to have 10 other players on the pitch who’s sole focus is to find Danny Rowe in space in and around the box, do that and your laughing

Well I can see this going wrong already

4 minutes ago, archiecat said:

And there lies the problem,difficult for Maouche to play that pass when a donkey like Sylla is keeping him on the bench.

..........or when he's pissing about with the ball, turning to beat his man for the umpteenth time instead of passing it forward !

Archived