Sam Surridge is confirmed

This lad sounds more like a morale booster for the fans. Young, with L2 experience supported by goals, clean cut and 6”3' tall. Making it through a Premiership club youth system he should have some pace. Enthusiasm and a desire to learn should be a real asset. Playing off a focused Baxter could prove a revelation. 

My optimism metre has just been nuged up.

Le

24 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

This lad sounds more like a morale booster for the fans. Young, with L2 experience supported by goals, clean cut and 6”3' tall. Making it through a Premiership club youth system he should have some pace. Enthusiasm and a desire to learn should be a real asset. Playing off a focused Baxter could prove a revelation. 

My optimism metre has just been nuged up.

Let’s hope so ?

Had a chat today with Sam Surridge.

I said I'd seen him play for Bournemouth against Latics youth when they lost on penalties.

"No" he replied "we won on penalties"

meaning he now considers himself a dedicated Oldham player.

Very encouraging, and another example of the togetherness FB is instilling into the squad.

Very good training session,  all the keepers in particular having an enjoyable workout with AR.

No Jose Baxter in training, but he was signing autographs, looked very happy.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Had a chat today with Sam Surridge.

I said I'd seen him play for Bournemouth against Latics youth when they lost on penalties.

"No" he replied "we won on penalties"

meaning he now considers himself a dedicated Oldham player..

Either that or I'd go and get checked out for early signs of dementia!

I notice another one from OWTB notebook has done ok since I saw him at Droylsden a couple of years ago.

6ft 5" centre back Josh Heaton is now at St Mirren.

Still only 21yo so could go higher.

On 8/30/2016 at 10:36 AM, BP1960 said:

Paid a rare visit these days to a non league match and took in the Droylsden v Mossley game om Bank Holiday Monday which Mossley won somewhat flatteringly 3-1.

It was my first look at Droylsden's tall 19yo centre back Josh Heaton and he gave an impressive display - despite all those around him losing their heads.

Very good in the air, calm and composed on the ball and showing good distribution the former PNE defender gave me the impression he will be attracting football league clubs attention before too long.

One to keep an eye on.

Edited by BP1960

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I notice another one from OWTB notebook has done ok since I saw him at Droylsden a couple of years ago.

6ft 5" centre back Josh Heaton is now at St Mirren.

Still only 21yo so could go higher.

On 8/30/2016 at 10:36 AM, BP1960 said:

Paid a rare visit these days to a non league match and took in the Droylsden v Mossley game om Bank Holiday Monday which Mossley won somewhat flatteringly 3-1.

It was my first look at Droylsden's tall 19yo centre back Josh Heaton and he gave an impressive display - despite all those around him losing their heads.

Very good in the air, calm and composed on the ball and showing good distribution the former PNE defender gave me the impression he will be attracting football league clubs attention before too long.

One to keep an eye on.

Haven’t St Mirren got Rangers at the weekend? Hopefully he doesn’t provoketionate any of the Rangers players. 

• 2 weeks later...

Very Confident finish.

Tried same move v MK Dons but lost the ball after the nutmeg.

Today Got knocked over but got up every time.

Did he get his arm injury from landing on the sprinkler ?

Got patched up and carried on.very good to see.

This experience will give him the confidence to continue doing this

Potential to be double figures by Christmas?

Edited by Ogdenwoodwhittle

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

What I like about most is his attitude,  watched him closely in the warm up and he gives 100% in everything he does, even the most basic drills he was giving it his all, that alone will stand him in good stead, good feet for a big lad as well.

Which is a refreshing change, after some of the 'prima donna's' Latics have had on loan in the past.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Give BP1960 a knighthood.

Reduced to an OBE after recommending Dan Gardner at Droylsden.

However, my contacts seemed to have paid off with Iversen so I'll settle for LordBP1960. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Reduced to an OBE after recommending Dan Gardner at Droylsden.

However, my contacts seemed to have paid off with Iversen so I'll settle for LordBP1960. 

I heard someone say that you're a count. Yes, I'm pretty sure he said count.