Checkatrade .... boycott or not?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yeah I read it and felt comfortable writing it knowing that most will know I don't mean that in the most literal terms. 

The point is is that I believe that some are far too accepting of things like this and we shouldn't have to be.

What did you think of the other points I raised.?

Other points not worth reading when you have such contempt for your fellow fans who choose to watch their teams game. 

Just watched the highlights properly.

- Red card utterly ridiculous, the game is soft and pathetic these days

- Penalty, mmm, not so sure on that one, Clarkey seems to instinctively have his arm out blocking the shot. Harsh decision but not as bad as the red card 

Oh well, feck the Checkertrade, feck the Premier League U21's, move on :)

4 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

- Penalty, mmm, not so sure on that one, Clarkey seems to instinctively have his arm out blocking the shot. 

If that donut of a ref saw it as deliberate hands, shouldn't he have given a red card in the circumstances? Shows what a pillock he was to give the pen. Or have I got that wrong?

54 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

If that donut of a ref saw it as deliberate hands, shouldn't he have given a red card in the circumstances? Shows what a pillock he was to give the pen. Or have I got that wrong?

We may have an even worse ref on Saturday 71 yellows and 3 reds in 20 games. I've noticed that the more cards they hand out the worse they are.

On 12/12/2018 at 8:12 PM, GlossopLatic said:

I don't how I feel about these people who go to this. See on one hand going watching a football match should never be seen as a crime, especially when its your own team, but for me I want it to mean something.

See part of being loyal to something or someone is that you aren't afraid to challenge them or it. Im not sure I see these fans as loyal but more as obedient, dogs are obedient. They will just blindly support the club whatever they do. People can and do take advantage of that.

Its clear that the premier are clearly after putting B teams in the football league

That is a genuine threat to the future of our football club and of the fabric of English football. It was Jose mourinho who once said that England is the only country where a team from the 4th teir can go to a team in the top teir and give them a really tough game. 20 out of the 23 players in Englands world cup squad either came through the academies or were on loan at Football league clubs. Englands recent success was made in the football league.

How much did the likes of Dale Stephens, Ryan Bertrand and James Tarkowski get from serving their apprenticeships at Boundary Park. You put Man city u21s in the football league will their players get the same experience compared to being on loan with us or any other FL club. If they fail they won't get fans putting pressure on them or calling for the managers head their wont be job losses at man city if they got relegated fron league 1 to league 2. Those types of experience build character in people and experiences that you can't get playing for an academy team.

If we as fans just comply with this then we are going to let people damage English football for their own good. We shouldn't just assume it won't happen either because it can and will if we let it.

Some fans either just don’t get it...or they’re just not bothered about the politics of it and just will go to any Oldham game under any circumstance. I just hope that enough people continue to show their displeasure in this abomination for the real threat not to gain traction. The EFL hope that the drip fed mode of this competition and the bribery of silver will slowly, over time, win enough fans over to accept it. It didn’t happen at first. Extending the competition for another 2 years doesn’t appear to be working either. Long may that continue. 

We wouldve taken over 3,000 had we drawn Rochdale in the FA Cup. Taking 911 is about the amount I expected for the level of interest it’s seen in the home games. Both amounts to the fact that a large number very much are boycotting it. Good on them!

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

Any news about any consequences for the referee for this and other "mistakes"?

Its only a red after 50 mins and a very dodgy pen in the 92nd minute...

Not like it was result changing or anything !?!?!?!?

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Its only a red after 50 mins and a very dodgy pen in the 92nd minute...

Not like it was result changing or anything !?!?!?!?

Plus the other 10 had to work harder which could affect todays result.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived