• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Clearly not fit, so hopefully he'll improve with game time. You have to question the manager's logic for leaving him on for the full 90 though...

Said in his interview that he was only going to give him 60 minutes but circumstances meant he had to keep him on.  

48 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Clearly not fit, so hopefully he'll improve with game time. You have to question the manager's logic for leaving him on for the full 90 though...

Depends. If we were winning after 60 - 70 minutes then I’d agree. But any manager who takes off his centre-forward for a non centre forward when losing is likely to get pelters. I think most would have understood given the circumstances, as he wasn’t fit, like you say.

We are still a forward short.

Some massive over reactions to him on here. What service did he get? Spent the 90 mins challenging to hopeless punts upfield. I don’t think Lang or branger put more than 1 decent ball in each all game. 

‘Raffle winner’ and comments similar Unnecessary. 

7 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Some massive over reactions to him on here. What service did he get? Spent the 90 mins challenging to hopeless punts upfield. I don’t think Lang or branger put more than 1 decent ball in each all game. 

‘Raffle winner’ and comments similar Unnecessary. 

The video highlights of his career showed he thrived on crosses, surely we planned for that?

11 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Said in his interview that he was only going to give him 60 minutes but circumstances meant he had to keep him on.  

Which is a joke from the chairman, miller left weeks ago, we need pace upfront which this new guy ain’t got, that number 8 from macc was head and shoulders against any of our players today!! Can we not sign him surely we can pay better wages than macc

Didn't show me anything today that if he did get fit would be an asset.He has a very long way to get to the required standard of fitness and we need to win football matches in the meantime.Since when were we happy making signings that werent capable of improving us from day one.

31 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The video highlights of his career showed he thrived on crosses, surely we planned for that?

It seemed not, as we had our best crosser of a ball playing at full back instead of being more effective further up the pitch.

5 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

It seemed not, as we had our best crosser of a ball playing at full back instead of being more effective further up the pitch.

Correct, he still should of been subbed at half time and Hunt brought on, Branger and Nepo out wide and Lang through the middle, Macc's defence was as shaky as ours when we had them on the back foot but playing and persevering with a front man so lacking made it so predictable and easy to play for Macc, we really do need some quality in, having lost Surridge, Miller and Lyden we really have replaced them with piss poor alternatives on what they've shown already and lost a chunk of desire as well.

1 hour ago, oafc21 said:

Which is a joke from the chairman, miller left weeks ago, we need pace upfront which this new guy ain’t got, that number 8 from macc was head and shoulders against any of our players today!! Can we not sign him surely we can pay better wages than macc

Hes been knocking around in non league for the last 5 years before joining Macc..

58 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

With the quality and fitness of players we continue to bring in doesn’t equate to a managerial appointment worthy of a budget or moral boosting anticipation for us fans. 

Agree the Chairman's Plan must be wearing thin even for the most "Happy Clappers"

1 hour ago, mikeroyboy said:

With the quality and fitness of players we continue to bring in doesn’t equate to a managerial appointment worthy of a budget or moral boosting anticipation for us fans. 

Managed to find another immobile paceless forward who needs three months to get fit, League 2 defences love these puddings we put up front and hate your Surridges and Langs of this world running at them but we continue to play with the immovable objects up front sometimes on their own, baffles me. Watch Mansfields highlights and look at the contribution Ajose made, can't be difficult to pick a player up like that surely? 

The quality of our forwards really will be the difference between finishing lower mid table and the playoffs and currently the options up front are laughable.

3 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Only another relegation would spark a change in the mindset of this fan base. Far too happy to accept mediocrity.

You'd love us to be relegated, to say I told you, wouldn't you..... *

Show me a single bit of evidence that the fan base, or even this board, accepts mediocrity. 

By your own definition, those fans you think accept mediocrity would merely accept their lot in the division below. 

*Same facile argument. 

14 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Managed to find another immobile paceless forward who needs three months to get fit, League 2 defences love these puddings we put up front and hate your Surridges and Langs of this world running at them but we continue to play with the immovable objects up front sometimes on their own, baffles me. Watch Mansfields highlights and look at the contribution Ajose made, can't be difficult to pick a player up like that surely? 

The quality of our forwards really will be the difference between finishing lower mid table and the playoffs and currently the options up front are laughable.

A replacement for Surridge is in hand, can say no more.

He has played one game and was announced less than 24 hrs before that game and he is getting absolutely caned...Do people think we are going to attract an experienced 30 goal a season man when we have no money and we’re in league two..We either get lucky with a young lad who hits the ground running (surridge) or we will get a player whos now a carthorse winding down his career (O’Grady/Miller)

Archived