Mansfield Match On Sky

25 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Lemsagem's desperate attempt to get fans through the door knowing full well we plan to protest by not attending when it's live in front of the cameras.

Unfortunately, people will probably fall for it.

This is the perfect opportunity to show AL we want him out.  The daft bastard can offer a cheap matchday ticket but can pay a gas bill? 

Fuck off.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Shall we just plan the protest now this is obviously a divide and conquer tactic from our owner.

Anyone want to watch it go to the pub or stay at home.

If you really want to protest, surely it would be better to go to the game and get maximum publicity because it’s on Sky?

And it’s only a fiver to do so 😉

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Why?

57 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Lemsagem's desperate attempt to get fans through the door knowing full well we plan to protest by not attending when it's live in front of the cameras.

Unfortunately, people will probably fall for it.

This is the perfect opportunity to show AL we want him out.  The daft bastard can offer a cheap matchday ticket but can pay a gas bill? 

Fuck off.

36 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Shall we just plan the protest now this is obviously a divide and conquer tactic from our owner.

Anyone want to watch it go to the pub or stay at home.

He has no intention whatsoever of replying to that letter.

What they said.

• 2 weeks later...

Think it’s poor of the club to only give those affected less than a week’s notice, as it wasn’t entirely unexpected, especially as the Joe Royle stand can’t hold a gantry.

Sky can take their fair share of the blame too.

Update- The club may be offering those affected either a free programme or a complimentary ticket to the game as a gesture of good faith. 

Edited by rudemedic

Don’t know what the fuss is about.

i sit in the MSU and if I have to move for one match it doesn’t bother me. Plenty of space. And I really can cope with a week’s notice - I doubt if the trauma will take that long to get over...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

i sit in the MSU and if I have to move for one match it doesn’t bother me. Plenty of space. And I really can cope with a week’s notice - I doubt if the trauma will take that long to get over...

Well if you could just pretend to be mightily pissed off I’ll have your complimentary ticket Pete 😩

8 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Well you know.... it’s a very serious issue and an absolute disgrace. Perhaps someone can pen a letter?

(despite this forum having a thread recently with some belittling those who demand their own season ticket seat)

Such a non issue. 

Edited by kowenicki
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Well you know.... it’s a very serious issue and an absolute disgrace. Perhaps someone can pen a letter?

(despite this forum having a thread recently with some belittling those who demand their own season ticket seat)

Such a non issue. 

Hardly a non issue. At the start of the season the club takes my money for a seat that I expect to sit in for the season as advertised. I'd ask for a refund but I doubt the club would co-operate.

Tell Sky to put it somewhere where it isn't going to cause an issue. Put the fans first. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Hardly a non issue. At the start of the season the club takes my money for a seat that I expect to sit in for the season as advertised. I'd ask for a refund but I doubt the club would co-operate.

Tell Sky to put it somewhere where it isn't going to cause an issue. Put the fans first. 

The club apparently tried to build a gantry where it wouldn't affect many fans but were let down by the scaffolders. 

Think a lot people in the other 2 stands may end up sitting in their ST seat as the seats they usually sit in will be occupied by those displaced in the Main Stand. 

It's a good job this game isn't going to be very popular as the Pissboil if it happens again and all other seats are sold will be one for the ages. 

Also apparently a ST gives you right to enter but not to sit in that seat. 

2 hours ago, youngen said:

Not enough abuse so far. So... you dick!

Haha!

8 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Sky aren't able to put the Gantry anywhere else for several reasons. We tried to find an alternative solution (hence the delay in fan's being updated) that didn't affect supporters in the Main Stand but arrangements fell through. 

With regard to a refund, it is in our T&C's that the club reserve the right to move supporters should we need to.. like when the club moved RRE ST holders in the past when we played a team like Sheffield Wednesday etc. It's frustrating but it's just one of those things

Edited by OAFCBilly
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

Haha!

Sky aren't able to put the Gantry anywhere else for several reasons. We tried to find an alternative solution (hence the delay in fan's being updated) that didn't affect supporters in the Main Stand but arrangements fell through. 

With regard to a refund, it is in our T&C's that the club reserve the right to move supporters should we need to.. like when the club moved RRE ST holders in the past when we played a team like Sheffield Wednesday etc. It's frustrating but it's just one of those things

Why is it an issue this time when it never has been for previous televised games? Geniune question.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Why is it an issue this time when it never has been for previous televised games? Geniune question.

Have we had a home match on sky since the NS was built/finished?

Edited by maddog

They should clear AL and his entourage from their boxes to make way for Sky filming.

Maybe supporters ought to protest against Sky too, they've used the main stand many times before without fans having to move. Why is it different this time?

Edited by BP1960

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

They should clear AL and his entourage from their boxes to make way for Sky filming.

Maybe supporters ought to protest against Sky too, they've used the main stand many times before without fans having to move. Why is it different this time?

I don't recall Sky ever using the main stand before.  We haven't been on Sky since the new North Stand was built.  Prior to that broadcasters would put up a camera platform on the ground where the old Lookers Stand used to be, and prior to that they would have used the Lookers Stand gantry.

Edited by Sparkleking

9 minutes ago, Sparkleking said:

I don't recall Sky ever using the main stand before.  We haven't been on Sky since the new North Stand was built.  Prior to that broadcasters would put up a camera platform on the ground where the old Lookers Stand used to be, and prior to that they would have used the Lookers Stand gantry.

This has been done  to show off the North Stand, which should have been built or been able to adapt to TV cameras anyway.

34 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

This has been done  to show off the North Stand, which should have been built or been able to adapt to TV cameras anyway.

Its like that for all TV. Highlights shows all have the same view.