Club response to Trust letter

2 hours ago, Andy b said:

Around the 300 mark. Not close to where we need to be but a significant increase on where we were at the beginning of the season. 

Our short term aim is for four figures. 

I thonk once you are in a position to reveal more about the ground purchase (I appreciate not yet) then that might lead to an upsurge if it's lots of good news. I've joined but can understand some people being slightly reticent. 

Very fair point about match day visibilty. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve_R said:

I'll join the trust when I think that they are worth joining, and not when I get urged to. At the moment I don't think anyone is coming out of this mess with much credit. Just because the owner is a dickhead doesn't mean the Trust is the answer, especially when I've no idea what their question is yet

Fair enough it's your call. If the trust is not the answer then I'm genuinely interested in your views of what is? 

However if there's only 300 signed up Trust members as Andy says, it's not surprising AL appears to be quite dismissive at times of the Trusts voice. 

If it had 3000 members then I'm sure he would feel more threatened and have to take the views of the supporters via the Trust more seriously. 

1 hour ago, singe said:

I thonk once you are in a position to reveal more about the ground purchase (I appreciate not yet) then that might lead to an upsurge if it's lots of good news. I've joined but can understand some people being slightly reticent. 

Very fair point about match day visibilty. 

The ground purchase plan is crucial for me.  I need to know the idea behind it and plan for it. 

4 hours ago, Andy b said:

Around the 300 mark. Not close to where we need to be but a significant increase on where we were at the beginning of the season. 

Our short term aim is for four figures. 

How many ST holders over 16 are they?  2000?

Just over 10% of that number in the Trust is very concerning and hopefully doesn’t reflect an ignorance of our fan base towards the current ownership and risk to our future.

Appreciate most just want to watch matches regardless of who’s in charge and who’s fielded but 10%?!   

15 hours ago, Andy b said:

Honest point, what do you think the Trust’s question should be and what do you want to see from it?

I'd be asking where does he see the club being in 'x' years time, how does he expect to achieve that goal, and how does he see the role of the fans in helping him achieve this, other than just turning up every week. Obviously there's a lot more to it than that, but It's more important that he can come up with convincing answers this rather than seeing a copy of the receipt for the gas bill.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

I'd be asking where does he see the club being in 'x' years time, how does he expect to achieve that goal, and how does he see the role of the fans in helping him achieve this, other than just turning up every week. Obviously there's a lot more to it than that, but It's more important that he can come up with convincing answers this rather than seeing a copy of the receipt for the gas bill.

Thanks. The issue of what his future long term plan is is given attention in our letter- see the six expectations. The very specific questions are supplementary to these. We have a right to ask these additional questions but i assure you we are very much driven by a focus on the big picture points, which is I think what you want to see.

As stated in the letter, we will all judge the owner against the six ‘strategic’ expectations we set out and our engagements with the owner will be structured around those expectations.

A big part of this is what his long term plan is.

You will see that this issue comes up again in our brief to fans following receipt of the response where we express our disapointment that the owner is not opening up about his long term vision. We will be picking this up with AL if and when he agrees to meet 

Edited by Andy b
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Thanks. The issue of what his future long term plan is is given attention in our letter- see the six expectations. The very specific questions are supplementary to these. We have a right to ask these additional questions but i assure you we are very much driven by a focus on the big picture points, which is I think what you want to see.

As stated in the letter, we will all judge the owner against the six ‘strategic’ expectations we set out and our engagements with the owner will be structured around those expectations.

A big part of this is what his long term plan is.

You will see that this issue comes up again in our brief to fans following receipt of the response where we express our disapointment that the owner is not opening up about his long term vision. We will be picking this up with AL if and when he agrees to meet 

I wish you luck. I've nothing against the Trust and I know from previous personal experience how difficult it is to try and mobilise support from a fanbase where there are many different views. You need to find a common goal, and people will always have objections to what you do and what you say.

I would say that I don't think their is any chance that Addallah will attend a public meeting, wouldn't expect him to or hold it against him if hr doesn't. From the interviews with him I've seen his grasp of the English language isn't good, so can't see any way he'd have the confidence at would be a more than likely hostile environment. I'd certainly push him for a meeting with the trust board thought, or certainly a least a couple of you.

7 hours ago, Steve_R said:

I wish you luck. I've nothing against the Trust and I know from previous personal experience how difficult it is to try and mobilise support from a fanbase where there are many different views. You need to find a common goal, and people will always have objections to what you do and what you say.

I would say that I don't think their is any chance that Addallah will attend a public meeting, wouldn't expect him to or hold it against him if hr doesn't. From the interviews with him I've seen his grasp of the English language isn't good, so can't see any way he'd have the confidence at would be a more than likely hostile environment. I'd certainly push him for a meeting with the trust board thought, or certainly a least a couple of you.

Totally agree! No way he should be expected to meet a crowd, suppose you could look at a translator. But don’t think it would be fair.

15 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Totally agree! No way he should be expected to meet a crowd, suppose you could look at a translator. But don’t think it would be fair.

We are starting with a trust meet and will take it from there. That would be a start! 

• Like 2

The language barrier is obviously real to a degree, as it isn’t their first language. 

However, that’s not really the issue. There is no way he should be meeting a crowd. Would be farcical. The Trust rightly recognises that.

57 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I have heard both of them speak and have actually been around whilst both of them have held a fluid conversation with people at the club. The "language barrier" issue is a load of bollocks...

I've read of legal cases being argued over the meaning of a word. 

He may not have a spoken language barrier. However, someone who's first language isn't English taking the time to get his letter proof-read, given the possible legal ramifications, is a very sensible and reasonable move in my view. 

21 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The language barrier is obviously real to a degree, as it isn’t their first language. 

However, that’s not really the issue. There is no way he should be meeting a crowd. Would be farcical. The Trust rightly recognises that.

That may be acceptable in normal circumstances but as he appears to be the only person with any authority and strategic influence within the club, we have a bit of a problem don’t we. How does ‘the club’ engage with fans and build a relationship if it’s not through the owner. There is no one else.

Therein lies the problem.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Andy b said:

That may be acceptable in normal circumstances but as he appears to be the only person with any authority and strategic influence within the club, we have a bit of a problem don’t we. How does ‘the club’ engage with fans and build a relationship if it’s not through the owner. There is no one else.

I didn’t say that he shouldn’t engage with the fans, I said he shouldn’t turn up to a ‘fan meeting’ with a “crowd”.  Not in the current climate.  

If you want to go that way then fine.  I suppose the more vocal (abusive) here and elsewhere might be all talk and shrink in person (that type usually are) and it will be fine. 

54 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I didn’t say that he shouldn’t engage with the fans, I said he shouldn’t turn up to a ‘fan meeting’ with a “crowd”.  Not in the current climate.  

If you want to go that way then fine.  I suppose the more vocal (abusive) here and elsewhere might be all talk and shrink in person (that type usually are) and it will be fine. 

A properly managed and coordinated meeting, yes.

A mob with pitch forks, no.

13 hours ago, Andy b said:

Does he not have certain obligations to The Trust given the 3% shareholding that, by law, have to be met? 

Edited by HarryBosch

55 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Does he not have certain obligations to The Trust given the 3% shareholding that, by law, have to be met? 

The club is definitely not meeting the EFL guidelines of open supporter meetings per season (I think it’s 3 per season). 

57 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

This brings the trust certain rights yes, including the right to have a seat on the Board. 

It doesn’t mean he has to meet fans, though EFL regs require the club to hold 3 fan forums per year. Clearly not satisfied this year.

37 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Apologies for the doom and gloom, but he got away with a protest at Tranmere home cos of postponement and won a few so still no grief. Wake up. Season ticket sales down. No permanent gaffer. No deal for Clarke...

Totally agree Lee......there's none so blind as those that canna' see.

48 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Apologies for the doom and gloom, but he got away with a protest at Tranmere home cos of postponement and won a few so still no grief. Wake up. Season ticket sales down. No permanent gaffer. No deal for Clarke...

Al has to come out with a plan for the supporters, he quickly needs to get them onside. 

Like you say, no permanent manager announced and ST sales are barely 50% of last years total.

If he can’t find a position for Clarke on or off the field then I give up....he’s been an absolute rock and a player that the majority of this squad look up to!!

We need an extension to the ST deadline and some positive news on the recruitment of players and a manager. As good as Peter Wild has performed I don’t think he’s the right appointment. IMO we need an experienced man manager with a track record of success who can get this club playing consistently well and back up the leagues.

We’ve had nearly 30 years of bloody shite which still doesn’t seem to have bottomed out.

Do I think it will happen....’Do I fuck’!!!

• Like 1

Football fans in this country are appalling at collective action, it genuinely angers me how much of a missed opportunity Mansfield was... 

Meanwhile on the continent:

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 1