Boundary Park buy out

4 minutes ago, pcscorchio said:

Does (or did in pre-Biblical times) FC UoM, by some bizarre post code lottery quirk, have a corner flag in Oldham?

We could play there and just go for a point by keeping it in that corner for 90 minutes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

We could play there and just go for a point by keeping it in that corner for 90 minutes

Don't reveal our Forest Green tactics on here.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

I think that moving Latics from BP - particularly as far away as somewhere like the AJ Bell (end) would sound the death knell.

FFS we struggle to get the locals down Sheepfoot Lane!

On 7/28/2019 at 12:13 PM, boundaryblue80 said:

He left because the job wasn’t what he wanted. The position of manager was no longer available (a position which would include signing of players). The position offered was Head Coach. If a director or chairman or Head of Football or whoever then signs players, that isn’t interference. I know folk want to promote is that...but it isn’t. That is club policy now. Just like how Ole at the scum won’t sign players or Klopp at Liverpool etc. Fans still haven’t got their heads around the fact the club has moved to that style. Which AL is perfectly entitled to do. Considering AL and whoever he may have as backers is putting in the money to do this, for now, they deserve time to see how it pans out. Promotion in 2yrs he said right? Let’s see it then. 

Wildy was already head ‘coach’.

The idea that we are following the continental model with Mo as our sporting director is laughable.

Firstly, there is no pressure on ML to do a good job, his job is completely safe regardless of the quality of signings he makes because he is a relative of the owner. In the European model the position is highly scrutinised and clubs aren’t afraid to change the individual if they aren’t recruiting a good standard of player.

Secondly, the powers of the sporting director vary between clubs with some having complete autonomy over transfer dealings whilst others just simply act as a negotiator on behalf of the gaffer who identifies his own targets. However, in all instances the head coach still retains complete control over team affairs from tactics to matchday selection which clearly isn’t the case at Latics.

Can you imagine Pep putting up with Txiki telling him who to play and having senior players banished to the naughty step whilst forced to train with youth team? Haha!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, robboman said:

So he would be happy paying rent for the AJ Bell, but not for Boundary Park, because the FLG have upset him. Beggars belief. He might get 299 watching their, costing him more money. What an imbecile he is.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Wildy was already head ‘coach’.

The idea that we are following the continental model with Mo as our sporting director is laughable.

Firstly, there is no pressure on ML to do a good job, his job is completely safe regardless of the quality of signings he makes because he is a relative of the owner. In the European model the position is highly scrutinised and clubs aren’t afraid to change the individual if they aren’t recruiting a good standard of player.

Secondly, the powers of the sporting director vary between clubs with some having complete autonomy over transfer dealings whilst others just simply act as a negotiator on behalf of the gaffer who identifies his own targets. However, in all instances the head coach still retains complete control over team affairs from tactics to matchday selection which clearly isn’t the case at Latics.

Can you imagine Pep putting up with Txiki telling him who to play and having senior players banished to the naughty step whilst forced to train with youth team? Haha!

Spot on. 

According to BB80 though he stopped interfering after Scholes left. 🙄

5 minutes ago, al_bro said:

So he would be happy paying rent for the AJ Bell, but not for Boundary Park, because the FLG have upset him. Beggars belief. He might get 299 watching their, costing him more money. What an imbecile he is.

Would be funny if he merely contacted them for a quote and then that is as far as it got when he saw how much the going rate was!

On 7/29/2019 at 9:11 AM, boundaryblue80 said:

The Necarcu debt is Corneys liability which AL has stated he is suing him for not undertaking his obligations. 

You asked for what he’s done. You’ve poured you negativity all over it. Well done. I dont agree with almost all of your “narrative” above but that isn’t news and I’m not interested in keep churning it over 👍🏻

It is OAFC’s liability which Lemmy took on when he purchased the limited company. The charge was on the accounts long before Abdallah got involved so to try and claim Corney hid it from him is ridiculous, all of the fans were aware of it.

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 2

Being picky but the Head Coach is generally expected to follow the broad tactical approach in many variations of the DoF model. Southampton a good example where the are always looking for replacements and development players who will fit with how they play. This includes the head coach though, which explains why Colin never pitched up there

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

It is OAFC’s liability which Lemmy took on when he purchased the limited company. The charge was on the accounts long before Abdallah got involved so to try and claim Corney his it from him is ridiculous, all of the fans were aware of it.

IIRC the charges were about the last things holding up the finalisation of the sale

5 minutes ago, leeslover said:

IIRC the charges were about the last things holding up the finalisation of the sale

If it really is outstanding rather than just not removed at Companies House I dread to think how much interest is racking up

20 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If it really is outstanding rather than just not removed at Companies House I dread to think how much interest is racking up

True. Also sort of makes me wonder if we've solved the question of who finds the #Englishlads

36 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What is this floating charge secured against?  

I was given to understand it was against the club, which as Kow says would be odd as it's worthless. I don't think that the arrangement with the undercover football agents and friends of Stephen Vaughan was ever straightforward though.