Pre Season 2019

54 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

ML Didn’t seem impressed with him, was sat next to that Natalie he was swinging his arms around like he was pissed off . ML went downstairs from directors box about 2 mins before Sefil got injured. ML then came back. Next thing Sefil is took off and wingers have switched side. Might be a coincidence but doubt it. 

Dark times.

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

ML Didn’t seem impressed with him, was sat next to that Natalie he was swinging his arms around like he was pissed off . ML went downstairs from directors box about 2 mins before Sefil got injured. ML then came back. Next thing Sefil is took off and wingers have switched side. Might be a coincidence but doubt it. 

Yet Vera stayed on?

Liked the Rochdale number 8, class player,  he will go higher IMO.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Spoke to him did you?

deyres - he was clearly injured! - as soon as he'd gone up for the header I said to the fella next to me, "look - he's done his hamstring" - he pulled up sharply straight away on the pitch. Shouldn't have carried on but he did so for about 10 mins. As it happens, I think it was his thigh rather than hamstring.

6 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

deyres - he was clearly injured! - as soon as he'd gone up for the header I said to the fella next to me, "look - he's done his hamstring" - he pulled up sharply straight away on the pitch. Shouldn't have carried on but he did so for about 10 mins. As it happens, I think it was his thigh rather than hamstring.

Injured or not hes still shit.

4 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Oh dear, the master of generalisation strikes again. I can't find anyone who doesn't believe the club is in "dire straits" but they have bought season tickets because they still want to support the team. Not because it's "what we do", but because they have a genuine love for watching their football team.

I'm going to Forest Green to support my team despite AL and his cronies, not because of them. It hurts to see my team and club treated this way by these charlatans, but I still want to see them play and achieve some success.

Don't you dare insult me and my fellow supporters by suggesting a lack of backbone or that we are happy to fund the way AL runs the club. Nothing could be further from the truth. We're not happy, not happy at all, and I think the vast majority will dance with delight if he rides off into the sunset.

How do you know the age of those who, in your words, are haters towards your profile? Quite simply, you don't, but you love this generalisation that everyone of a certain age pretends everything is ok. Hardly. We all know it isn't but, of course, we would all love the good times to come back. It's why every supporter of once great football clubs continue to do just that. Support. What folk rail against is the way you attack, often without any foundation. 

With respect, something you appear to lack, we don't need you to point out the flaws in the club; we all know. Our eyes are wide open enough without your assistance. The problems are as clear as day.

My suggestion to you is this. Learn to treat people with more respect than you do, don't tar everyone with the same brush, don't condemn those with disdain that continue to support the team and learn to understand that everyone has a right to their own viewpoint and is entitled to enter into discussions without being vilified or put into unproven groups.

I'm sure, or at least hope, that you will gain more respect from others as you show it to them, which you currently fail to do. It should come with adulthood.

I'll now sit back and wait for the usual disparaging remarks, but look forward to the first game of the season and look further forward to the clown and his entourage leaving the club I love, that he and they are damaging. 

Note: I've corrected your faux pas in the quote.

Thank you.

A reasoned and well expressed counter argument to the succession of posts from @Kusunga_Is_God

Posts that contained such gems as:

‘you and others are desperate for these shenanigans to return to small inaudible murmurs so our club continues at its slow wood rotting progress.‘

‘Does this not demonstrate a total and utter lack of backbone’

‘The majority of haters towards my profile are beyond the age of 50,’

I await with anticipation the well thought out response from our resident angler. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not in the habit of calling our lot but Branger was very poor yesterday and Maouche didn't look forward quickly enough a few times when a break was on.

But on a positive note thought Sylla was our best player who had a positive attitude and tried to get us moving in the right  direction. Think he will prove to be a big asset this season with any sort of progress.

Mill's delivery in open play and free kicks was good and with a bit of anticipation will prove fruitful.

Rochdale "fannied about" in front of their own goal a lot and will soon come unstuck against sides with a pair of forwards who close down quickly.

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Vera was forward...

Sorry don't understand ?

What I was trying to highlight was him turning back, losing the ball and slowing the game up when a quick break was on, regardless of whether Vera was involved or not.

Edited by Bobledgersheart

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Based on what?

- He was nowhere near the team last team.

- He went out on loan to Ashton and after 2 games they sent him back

- His performance in the friendly in Morocco showed he had the pace of a slug.

- He's another one of Abdullah boys.

That enough?

17 hours ago, kowenicki said:

So AL owns the ad screens? 

I remember an interview (may have been on Radio Manc.) with I think BO. He said AL had to pay the Chinese company 80k which they were chasing the club for. Apparently Corney had struck a deal where we got the ad. boards for free, if he sold three more to other clubs. He didn't sell any, so we had to pay up. 

41 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I think anyone who saw him last season would agree with Yardy. 

When did you see him last season?

40 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

- He was nowhere near the team last team.

- He went out on loan to Ashton and after 2 games they sent him back

- His performance in the friendly in Morocco showed he had the pace of a slug.

- He's another one of Abdullah boys.

That enough?

1. Irrelevant

2. Do you know for sure why?

3. A training session

4. Irrelevant 

20 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

1. Irrelevant

3. A training session

4. Irrelevant 

Macc, Crawley and Morecambe. Although I would have formed an opinion about his pace in the 1st game. 

33 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

1. Irrelevant

3. A training session

4. Irrelevant 

:lol: If you say so.

Noticeably you haven't given me a reason to show why he's a good footballer. I'm going of the evidence that we do have and that is he is shit.

Edited by GlossopLatic

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

:lol: If you say so.

Noticeably you haven't given me a reason to show why he's a good footballer. I'm going of the evidence that we do have and that is he is shit.

I'm saying he can't be written off yet as he's done nothing that's noticeably shite.

He might well be 

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'm saying he can't be written off yet as he's done nothing that's noticeably shite.

He might well be 

When he proves me wrong you can pull me on it but until then I'll tell you he's dog 💩💩💩

Can't be arsed looking but I bet you were defending the likes of O"Grady and Coke who i described as similar last season.

27 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

When he proves me wrong you can pull me on it but until then I'll tell you he's dog 💩💩💩

Can't be arsed looking but I bet you were defending the likes of O"Grady and Coke who i described as similar last season.

Nope. O'Grady was a grafter though. Coke, I've no idea. Steals a wage

47 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He might well be 

He's 25 years old and after 6 months at the club has made no impact on the 1st team that for me that is long enough to write him off as shit.

How long do you give him before you write him off?

We had this discussion about Benteke 12 months ago I was right then I'm confident I'm right now.