Pre Season 2019

39 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He's 25 years old and after 6 months at the club has made no impact on the 1st team that for me that is long enough to write him off as shit.

How long do you give him before you write him off?

We had this discussion about Benteke 12 months ago I was right then I'm confident I'm right now.

No way Sefil was replacing Clarke or Edmundson so that's an absolutely ridiculous statement that he made no impact on the first team. He was never going to with them in form

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

No way Sefil was replacing Clarke or Edmundson so that's an absolutely ridiculous statement that he made no impact on the first team. He was never going to with them in form

Tells you everything you need to know ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Hes not got that excuse this season though has he? so go on I will ask for second time how long do you give him?

Edited by GlossopLatic

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Hes not got that excuse this season though has so go on I will ask for second time how long do you give him?

Until I feel I've seen enough to make an actual informed decision. Unless you can give me examples of when he's played and made major errors then I suggest you do the same and don't write him off yet.

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Until I feel I've seen enough to make an actual informed decision. Unless you can give me examples of when he's played and made major errors then I suggest you do the same and don't write him off yet.

No Im writing him off now. The fact that knowone has trusted him to be on the pitch at any point in a competitive game in the last 6 months tells me enough. He's Shit.

5 hours ago, wiseowl said:

deyres - he was clearly injured! - as soon as he'd gone up for the header I said to the fella next to me, "look - he's done his hamstring" - he pulled up sharply straight away on the pitch. Shouldn't have carried on but he did so for about 10 mins. As it happens, I think it was his thigh rather than hamstring.

Did Kow speak to him though? Cos Clough was a joke of a signing for Forest based on what his dad viewed on one game for Rochdale.

30 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Did Kow speak to him though? Cos Clough was a joke of a signing for Forest based on what his dad viewed on one game for Rochdale.

Are you at it again? Making shit up? Again. Clown or sad little WUM? I’m moving towards the latter now. 🤔

Edited by kowenicki

11 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Literally what you said Kow. Pretty embarrassing really from you really.

Really really?

“He was poor. My brother, dad and a couple of mates who support Dale and go to most games don’t rate him.  The game I went to when he played he was worse than poor.  So yes, he was poor when they offered him a contract. It happens.” 

Learn to read. 

Illiterate WUM 

Edited by kowenicki

I didn’t get to the game on Saturday so my initial thoughts are based on the limited highlights I have seen from the game. I tend to side with the opinion that friendlies are not really that good an indicator of how a season will pan out. The nature of these games means that the play is often fragmented and the pace is slower. Players are getting used to each other and there will inevitably be mistakes. 

However I do believe that you can get an impression of how the new management team will approach the game and what the chosen style of play might  be. I also believe that you can see which players are likely to make the starting eleven for the first game. Furthermore it does provide insight into where there are deficiencies in certain positions.

As an absolute minimum, it is obvious to most that we need an experienced decent centre back to organise the defence and a tall mobile striker to lead the attack. And that’s the absolute minimum. I am in no doubt that Banide knows this too. 

There are less than two weeks to the first game of the season and if we are going to be competitive then these deficiencies have to be addressed. 

• Like 2

We are less than 2 weeks from starting the season, and as I can see we are missing a central defensive partnership, a creative midfielder, 2 wingers, 2 strikers and a proper captain (not mardarse Maoche). Nice of them to get the time to gel in!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Really really?

“He was poor. My brother, dad and a couple of mates who support Dale and go to most games don’t rate him.  The game I went to when he played he was worse than poor.  So yes, he was poor when they offered him a contract. It happens.” 

Learn to read. 

Illiterate WUM 

You said it was insane that Clough is on 14k a week at Nottingham Forest based on a small sample size of games for Rochdale.

A pretty ridiculous thing to say given how well he did for Bolton prior to the move.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

You said it was insane that Clough is on 14k a week at Nottingham Forest based on a small sample size of games for Rochdale.

A pretty ridiculous thing to say given how well he did for Bolton prior to the move.

WUM