Pre Season 2019

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Keenan Palmer was the striker...

I thought it could be him but questioned it as he struggled at my local,club, Tamworth, and dropped down the pyramid.

It was actually Kielen Adams from Bradford City youth.  Scored a few for them and comes with a lot of promise.  Hopefully he can kick on from tonight and score a few more in pre-season trials 

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

2 down..'aguero' sloppy..a sorry looking bunch of trialists. Ashton have an 18yo left sided midfielder called Callum Dolan who looks better than what we have got.

11 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Would you give Aguero a contract on what you’ve seen?

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He runs about, doesn't tackle or create anything. Wouldn't surprise me if we signed him.

Edited by lookersstandandy

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Good to see a bunch of first team players there last night standing in with the fans.  

Gonzales will need to be more consistent. Has some nice touches but not much else at this stage.

From what you’ve seen, would you approve of his signing, or is too early to tell, he needs to given more time. He could well come good, we have to trust the judgement of those that see him every day etc etc....

20 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

From what you’ve seen, would you approve of his signing, or is too early to tell, he needs to given more time. He could well come good, we have to trust the judgement of those that see him every day etc etc....

From what I saw he can certainly play. Stood in the no.10 role. My concern would be that he would be another Maouche, not really up for it.

1 minute ago, welshgaz said:

From what I saw he can certainly play. Stood in the no.10 role. My concern would be that he would be another Maouche, not really up for it.

Looked comfortable with the ball at his feet , always wanted the ball..time will tell what will come of him on a cold and windy night in div 2

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Not sure where he would play.  Looks like that at this stage he would just a squad player with limited opportunities. I suppose he could improve (or not). In the same style as Maouche but not as good would be my summary.  We know what that means on here don’t we... 😂

Edited by kowenicki

14 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Looked comfortable with the ball at his feet , always wanted the ball..time will tell what will come of him on a cold and windy night in div 2

He was bloody awful in Morocco. Ran round looking bewildered and piled in 2-footed a few times. Good news if he’s now showing more - he’s been kept around long enough that I expect we’ll sign him. 

Kielen Adams was the striker who scored 2 second half. Young lad from Bradford.

Also featuring, Walter Figueira (one who looked like Willian) and Cedric Evina.

Unsure on the rest...

If I knew it was that team, I wouldn't have bothered. Already there when the team came out so decided to have a watch.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Against such limited opposition I'd like to be hearing more exciting opinions about these Carlos Kickaballs than he looked tidy on the ball etc...

There isn't anything exciting. They should be released immiediately.

1 hour ago, unsworthlatic said:

Kielen Adams was the striker who scored 2 second half. Young lad from Bradford.

Also featuring, Walter Figueira (one who looked like Willian) and Cedric Evina.

Unsure on the rest...

If I knew it was that team, I wouldn't have bothered. Already there when the team came out so decided to have a watch.

He did look a LOT like Willian didn’t he... until he got the ball.  😁

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We are in desperate need of a centre half surely. 

The big strapping number 5 from the youth looks promising, would like to see him get half an hour against Stockport, more a likely one for next season though.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The big strapping number 5 from the youth looks promising, would like to see him get half an hour against Stockport, more a likely one for next season though.

Was that Sutton or did the triallist Egert play?

3 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Oh and Florian Gonzalez (Aguero) has signed. Due to be announced either today or tomorrow.

Has ability, but needs to show more confidence in going forward, will do a decent job in central midfield when required.

Just now, mick26 said:

Was that Sutton or did the triallist Egert play?

Think it was Sutton,  showed strength and composure, which is always useful.

The youth keeper Allan is a big unit too, hope he progresses.

• Thanks 1