Fixtures 2019/2020

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I see we sold a mere 104 tickets last week to season card holders for the FGR game

how many did we take there last season? 800? Interesting to see how many this time around

To be fair, it was a new ground last year. It isn’t for 844 this year. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I see we sold a mere 104 tickets last week to season card holders for the FGR game

how many did we take there last season? 800? Interesting to see how many this time around

It should be an easy decision for me, being a relatively local game on the first day of the season.  Yet I'm going to wait and see how much optimism returns between now and then.

I'd imagine we'll take about 350-400 seeing as it's no longer a new ground.

I can't make it this year but in truth, Forest Green as an awayday is not up there with the best. Awful away paddock, vegan food & beer - just not that appealing.  Think a turnout of 350 would be decent with all the distrust and uncertainty about the current regime.  I possibly would have gone if hadn't had a prior engagement, just goes to show how disenchanted I have become allowing engagements to get in way of an awayday  

8 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

I can't make it this year but in truth, Forest Green as an awayday is not up there with the best. Awful away paddock, vegan food & beer - just not that appealing.  Think a turnout of 350 would be decent with all the distrust and uncertainty about the current regime.  I possibly would have gone if hadn't had a prior engagement, just goes to show how disenchanted I have become allowing engagements to get in way of an awayday  

If your not going (I'm presuming your dad of Unsworth Latic) then the club truly is sinking.

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

There’s no way we’ll be taking as many as last year (unless we miraculously make some wonder signings in the coming weeks).

This is just wrong. How many went to walsall first match of the season to watch the terrorist apologisers pile of shite team?

It will be a similar number no matter what. Haven’t we sold over 1/6th of the amount already, when its the close season, everybody is on holiday, and it isn’t even for another month?

20 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

This is just wrong. How many went to walsall first match of the season to watch the terrorist apologisers pile of shite team?

It will be a similar number no matter what. Haven’t we sold over 1/6th of the amount already, when its the close season, everybody is on holiday, and it isn’t even for another month?

We’ll see.

Whatever anybody thinks of the club, most fans will attend within the first four matches as they are either the first match, a home match or a historically decent away followings in bburn and bradford. Indeed, those three things combined will mean a reasonable chunk of the fanbase will be at all four.

So if it isn’t going well, it’s going to be sour from the stands.

Sign some good players please asap.

15 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Atmosphere was pants on that open terrace last season, hopefully it won't piss it down again.

Still think that we will take 600.

Agree. Cant see us taking many more or many less. Hope its a better performance and better weather this year!! Both were shit last season....

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

If your not going (I'm presuming your dad of Unsworth Latic) then the club truly is sinking.

'I am Unsworth Latic's dad as you rightly assume. 

I feel terrible but I just haven't got the buzz that I usually have for the team at this stage of the season. I just can't seem to relate to the way the owner appears to operate and don't much fancy the idea of ML/BO buying players and Banide just being there to coach them.....just doesn't have OAFC stamped over it for me. I do hope it works - just can't relate to it at moment.

I am sure I will attend a fair few but not got a season ticket despite the fact that the deadline was extended and extended. I know so many old timers who feel the same, just doesn't seem like Latics anymore      

• Like 3