Carlisle

2 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

He's taking draws and seeing that as enough to warrant his managerial position, he  needs a few wins and soon, especially after being given free hand with his recent signings.

Our first matches in February are Bradford, Crewe, Exeter, FGR. 

Don't see a win there, as things are. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

grow up. 

I was responding to a query. The boycott didn’t have any additional effect. Those that stayed away have largely been staying away most of the season anyway. Sorry if that upsets you. 

Why would that upset me? I've come to terms with not accepting mediocrity and that's being generous, keep sugar coating the shit though.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Why would that upset me? I've come to terms with not accepting mediocrity and that's being generous, keep sugar coating the shit though.

WTF are you going on about? Take a night off... smile a bit.  I simply gave a bit of insight to the attendance for someone querying it that wasn’t there. 

10 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

He's taking draws and seeing that as enough to warrant his managerial position, he  needs a few wins and soon, especially after being given free hand with his recent signings.

I can't believe he had a free hand in signing  the likes of N'Guessan and Dearnley.

Smacks of agents at work to me.

Nothing will change until a manager is allowed to bring in all the players he wants.

Unfortunately, under this regime I can't see that happening.

12 minutes ago, Agnus UK said:

Banide’s team actually tried to play football. 

11 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

We’ve absolutely gone backwards. As much as Banide was a probably a puppet he was starting to find his best team when he was sacked. We’re 3 plus months in now and Dino still doesn’t know his. Have we started with the same team for two consecutive games under him? And he’s sooo negative; one up top at home, everyone back for corners etc. Garbage 

Exactly. 

The initial results were terrible, can't deny that. 

But in his last two or three matches, it was clear we had a system, people were beginning to know where runs and passes would be made. 

I find it hard to believe that we wouldn't be doing better with him now we have Smith, Piergianni, Rowe etc.

But even beyond Banide - I think we'd be doing better under Wild. Or Bunn. Or even Wellens (more debateable). 

Under Maamria, we still look like a school kids team. No organisation on or off the pitch, all over the shop at set pieces, lineup is Iacovitti plus any ten lucky draws. 

1 minute ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Exactly. 

The initial results were terrible, can't deny that. 

But in his last two or three matches, it was clear we had a system, people were beginning to know where runs and passes would be made. 

I find it hard to believe that we wouldn't be doing better with him now we have Smith, Piergianni, Rowe etc.

But even beyond Banide - I think we'd be doing better under Wild. Or even Wellens (more debateable). 

Under Maamria, we still look like a school kids team. No organisation on or off the pitch, all over the shop at set pieces, lineup is Iacovitti plus any ten lucky draws. 

The way we set up to defend corners is infuriating. 

Just now, Frankies6 said:

Dominc McHale on twitter calling Dino a horrible man for the way he treated Wilson today... very strange substitution was that today 

Might be true, but this is coming from the guy who was lucky to even get within a motorway junction of Boundary Park. 

Only role he should ever have played for Latics should have been doing media tweets.  

I don't get why people still think a change of manager is going to make any difference. Even if we changed manager and got lucky and found someone who takes us forward they will go get a better job by the end of the season anyway. Their is no tactical formula that is going to get this team winning many games.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I don't get why people still think a change of manager is going to make any difference. Even if we changed manager and got lucky and found someone who takes us forward they will go get a better job by the end of the season anyway. Their is no tactical formula that is going to get this team winning many games.

Just hire shit, tactically inept managers so they don't leave us then...

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

There's no formula other than getting rid of the owner, the manager and 90% of the squad, 

Reset and hope to become a proper club once again

41 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

It's hard to decide if he's our worst manager since Dunn, or since Robinson. 

I got pelters for saying we've gone backwards under him since Banide, but I stand by it. 

I'm not a fan of hiring and firing either, but I can't see anything to say he's the right man for next season. 

The question of whether now is the right time to get rid is a separate one though. 

If Banide had Rowe we would have been mid table easy 

Deserved point today, not enough quality to force a win from either team really but didn't deserve to lose and i actually enjoyed it seeing as I've hardly been this year. think it may be quite close but we should have enough not to go down now we have some half decent strikers. 

surprised by a few of the comments on piergianni and rowe. piergianni got caught 3 times in first half and although he gives his all and dives in he's clearly playing at the max of his ability. id still have him in team because he'll give everything but he looks short for me in the long term and id hope we can get better. rowe also was disappointing for me, felt dearnley got more into the game from 15 mins than he did. plus he should have scored late on when he stretched and poke it wide from 6 yards. Smith first half was excellent but the centre mid had no quality at all in it and second half we couldn't get the ball to him because their passing was so poor. they didn't even keep up with play and when maouche and mills cut inside weren't available to move the ball out to the other side. woeful from both of them going forward. wilson worked hard and can't believe he was taken off tbh. all in all though a solid point and hopefully some glimpses from the signings that we have actually now got a couple of people who will find the net reguarly to help us get a few wins to safety

Absolutely shocking in a god awful division! Maamria has got to share some of the blame, he’s been here 4 months now  and IMO has not in any way shape or form made even a hint of progress.

Without Smith’s goals we would definitely be in the relegation mix right now and 

If we don’t start picking up a few wins soon then we still might be!!

2 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Our first matches in February are Bradford, Crewe, Exeter, FGR. 

Don't see a win there, as things are. 

This what is a little worrying to me, we are well clear at present but we could easily sink down playing the above.

A signing or two more and Dino should really be getting a tune out of this squad, no excuses.

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Zeus - solid, one great save

Hamer - did what he had to do wasn't tested much today

Wheater - was ok. Surprises me how few headers he wins

Piergianni - miles better than Wheater but needs longer studs. Wins most headers and one great block

Mills - excellent. Reads the game well does well getting forward and calm on ball. If Iacovitti gets his place back I'll be fuming

Smith - good game today, nice to watch running at players and deserved another goal

Missilou - good game, does his job well

N'Guessan - can go back for me. Huge downgrade on Sylla. Doesn't tackle, doesn't pass forward. Way off the pace

Maouche - excellent on the ball some great passes and keeps possession well

Desire - meh. Runs

Rowe - worked a good early chance unlucky to slot it wide. Nearly killed their lad second half with a shot. Played some great through balls and holds it well. 

Had similar views on today's showing, but not in agreement over Chris Missilou, dont think he is influencing the game as he once did.

N'Guessan was very poor, I would rate Sylla higher.

We are desperate to see Chris McCann back, he was in the Directors box today, some comfort, still worried until transfer window closes.

Maouche typically good in possession but too often running around in wide areas or playing sweeper, not through the middle.

Take Jonny Smith out and we are devoid of a serious goal threat.

Rowe did ok, can definately strike the ball well, needs to be prowling about in the 18 yard box.

To capitalise on Rowe's ability, its apparent that we need to change the tactics ... if this is an option.

Dont know why Scott came off, but Zach did cause a few problems with pace and decent runs.

Regardless of who orchestrated the signing of Rowe, Dino must be under severe pressure to integrate him in the team and deliver positive results now.

Archived