North Stand Shut by SAG

18 minutes ago, singe said:

Strong rumour the club have refused to meet the OEC & Safety Advisory Group. If true, and well sourced, then that tells you all you need to know and fans are merely pawns.

Saw this on Twitter, too.

What's the potential motive behind it and benefit to the club? Is it to create distance from Brassbank? Is this just internal riffraff?

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, peanuts said:

if its shut flg/brassbank  losing matchday revenue AL trying to get it for nowt 

Which is exactly why people should not be attending home games / giving money to the club at the moment.

Until it hits him in the pocket enough he is not going to change his ways. Barry will stay, Mo will stay, they will decide who can / can't play and the fans will be an afterthought as they battle a losing battle with the landlords. They are running this club for their own interests and until the cost of the club outweighs that they are going nowhere and will listen to no one. He hasn't changed his transfer policy, he wanted Rowe in the summer. People thinking recent action has made him sign someone like that are deluded. 

Anyone paying into a home game is a scab, still.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Depends on the cost. At the moment the owner has no incetive to sign them and it's in his interest to keep it shut.

If my landlord fixes all the H&S issues in my rented property to the Councils satisfaction I cant see how I would have any grounds to continue my grievance. Isn't this the same case?

27 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Which is exactly why people should not be attending home games / giving money to the club at the moment.

Until it hits him in the pocket enough he is not going to change his ways. Barry will stay, Mo will stay, they will decide who can / can't play and the fans will be an afterthought as they battle a losing battle with the landlords. They are running this club for their own interests and until the cost of the club outweighs that they are going nowhere and will listen to no one. He hasn't changed his transfer policy, he wanted Rowe in the summer. People thinking recent action has made him sign someone like that are deluded. 

You really need to stop using the term "scab" all it does is harden views and creates divisions in the fanbase you are not going to get people onside by making petty insults at them for disagreeing with you.

You are undermining the work PTB are trying to do. 

48 minutes ago, Clifford said:

23 minutes ago, Handsy said:

I wouldn’t call anyone a scab for attending as I wouldn’t call anyone not a true supporter if they boycott  we need to leave terms like scab. Off this forum 

18 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You really need to stop using the term "scab" all it does is harden views and creates divisions in the fanbase you are not going to get people onside by making petty insults at them for disagreeing with you.

You are undermining the work PTB are trying to do. 

@Clifford

‘Scab’ is the incorrect word for those who continue to attend home games. Try saying ‘those who choose to go’ because that’s what they are doing. Your continued use of the term does you no favours and undermines any point you are trying to make.

Divisive? Not really.  Ignorant? Probably.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

If my landlord fixes all the H&S issues in my rented property to the Councils satisfaction I cant see how I would have any grounds to continue my grievance. Isn't this the same case?

I still think it depnds on the cost.
If they need to upgrade the entire CCTV system to live stream view, as it currently only records to DVD, then I  suspect no. It seems it s a football match only issue, as Glo Gym was oeprating normally in the match.

19 hours ago, singe said:

...GloGym was open and operating during the match....

So, no supporters allowed in the stand but GloGym was open? I didn't realise that, which leans the argument the other way of the club being obstructive, a bit like the stuff in front of the fire doors. I work in a mix of schools, all the fire doors have the 'Keep Closed' signs on them, only the newer builds have the mag-locks that release and in the older buildings the doors have to be physically closed.

I suppose they will tell us tomorrow if the stand remains closed.  I still suspect keeping it closed will save money in the short term but they can hardly ask people to renew if the stand remains closed.

We didn't moan in the main stand because Dino loves 4 4 2 and as a result the team played well.  Please let Paul take the training tomorrow.

2 hours ago, singe said:

I still think it depnds on the cost.
If they need to upgrade the entire CCTV system to live stream view, as it currently only records to DVD, then I  suspect no. It seems it s a football match only issue, as Glo Gym was oeprating normally in the match.

Why are people discussing this as if what's gone on is open to conjecture?

The club have got the council to make an issue of details that weren't an issue in previous months/seasons when the council's safety people previously checked.

And the club also won't sign a document that needs signing.

And won't now meet with the council & OEC to sort it out now they've got what they want. 

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

I suppose they will tell us tomorrow if the stand remains closed.

It remains closed. 

There was a meeting with OEC & the Safety Advisory Group today that the club refused to attend.

As posted by other people on here and Twitter earlier. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

It remains closed. 

There was a meeting with OEC & the Safety Advisory Group today that the club refused to attend.

As posted by other people on here and Twitter earlier. 

Seems the real problem is the rent, get that sorted both parties, have you never heard of compromise?

23 hours ago, latics22 said:

I don't get why everyone is blaming the club for this, if the problem is so simple to fix why haven't the oec, fixed the problem?

Maybe is because Brassbank are owed back rent since AL took over, so they aren’t really losing any money on matchdays anyway because they weren’t getting paid.

The place is full most weekdays so they’re probably getting their revenue that way anyway.

Archived