God we have some dickends for fans don't we? How tiresome that such general nobbery is given an airing in public...

Richie and pals - lame.

To clarify, I do not know ritchie. I just do not agree with everyone jumping on the bully band wagon. His comments have been blown massively out of proportion and anyone with a brain cell can understand what he was saying.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To clarify, I do not know ritchie. I just do not agree with everyone jumping on the bully band wagon. His comments have been blown massively out of proportion and anyone with a brain cell can understand what he was saying.

Everyone knew what he meant, it was still out of order

Ignoring the obvious, a good point of discussion came up...

Would you take a player with very questionable character for a season if it all but guaranteed promotion?

Jesus, someone who read my post more than once. Could you also tell I wasn't serious about signing Mr Huntley?

The club has shown already that they are willing to stoop low when they got Hughes in the 1st place. Not many would visit a player in prison. I was against him coming at first but its football. If a player of such character was to come up again, if we didn't sign him someone else would. We can't be too picky.

No way would we have got someone of Hughes' ability had he been Mr Clean. Its the price you pay. Like Donny getting someone like Diouf last season. Great player, not so great person.

Even if we signed the most detested player on the planet, if it meant we went up I'd support it 100%.

Would you take a player with very questionable character for a season if it all but guaranteed promotion?

Me no not really oldham athletic doing well would matter to me but not all costs, while Oldham being at this level for so long is dissapointing If/when we do get some success I want it to be done the properly.

I don't expect our players to be angels on or off the pitch far from it I'm happy for us to have players who play on the edge or have an ego but their is a difference between a player who has an edge to one who is a liability, who will get sent off, will cost you games, and will poison the dressing room and thats assuming he's still upto it I don't believe Hughes is anymore why else would notts county be happy to let him go?

I'm firmly in the No camp for bringing back Lee Hughes someone at the club has clearly been taking stupid pills to even entertain this thought.

Jesus, someone who read my post more than once. Could you also tell I wasn't serious about signing Mr Huntley?

The club has shown already that they are willing to stoop low when they got Hughes in the 1st place. Not many would visit a player in prison. I was against him coming at first but its football. If a player of such character was to come up again, if we didn't sign him someone else would. We can't be too picky.

No way would we have got someone of Hughes' ability had he been Mr Clean. Its the price you pay. Like Donny getting someone like Diouf last season. Great player, not so great person.

Even if we signed the most detested player on the planet, if it meant we went up I'd support it 100%.

Without wanting to be melodramatic you are posting about child murdering sociopaths in the shadows of Saddleworth Moor. Someone on here could conceivably have followed that case live in horror of what could have happened to their children.

Stick to football case studies and it's fine, but some things are in bad taste and should not be mentioned.

Ritchie frequently pushes the boundaries of taste, often it's hilarious, occasionally it makes me feel a bit iffy. Probably many others feel the same but about different things. He could have put Adolf Hitler instead of Ian Huntley and got less grief, even though Hitler was a badder man in the scheme of things. Chill folks.

Depends on the character's past/issues that come surrounding him..

Christ i've seen it all now...

Lighten up or don't rise to it. Ritchie wasn't looking for people to rise, and i think his post was humouress, in a Frankie Boyle dark sort lf way...

'He plays on the left, He plays on the righttttttttt, oh Ian Huntley...'

Anyway - on the topic of Hughes, in pure football reasons i would have had him in my team straight away, a striker that will easily bag 15 goals without breaking a sweat, everyone knows that he knows where the net is and finds it on countless occasions.

On the other hand, he comes with his off the field baggage and left latics in a bad light, the apparent dog's incident basically ending his career here, not to mention later antics with AH, for that reason, as they say in the den, i'm out.

Ritchie frequently pushes the boundaries of taste, often it's hilarious, occasionally it makes me feel a bit iffy. Probably many others feel the same but about different things. He could have put Adolf Hitler instead of Ian Huntley and got less grief, even though Hitler was a badder man in the scheme of things. Chill folks.

+1

(Rant blurred by Alcohol not posted)

If wages are the stumbling block I'm ashamed to be a Latics fan. It is an idea (if it is one) that is so uitterly devoid of common sense, merit or ethics as to question the capability of anyone involved.

I am in agreement that it's probably a bad move, but if you were to list an objective list of the pros and cons, there would def be an argument to have him. In terms of ethics though, I appreciate that some people may feel it's unethical to sign him but that in itself doesn't make it unethical. At best it's subjective.

Fookin hell, if we had this much uproar everytime someone on the telly quipped something inappropriate....

Read between the lines boys and girls

Taken in isolation the above comments by some posters may seem OTT. but carried over emotions from the Mods thread were very much in evidence. Instead of just apologising and removing his own sick sig. he compounded the issue and caused further .......................

...............I just thought it was very ironic that one "Weapons grade bell-end" was commenting on another!

I think Mr Ritchie misunderstands the difference between people who are offended and people who think something is offensive

I don't understand the difference either - to the point where I don't think there is one. Some of what Ritchie has posted has been a bit over the line for my tastes (Down Syndrome) but some of it I didn't even recognise as slightly poor taste (Huntley pulling the strings in midfield). I thought that was quite funny. It's a football message board, not a nursery school.

According to Opta, Hitler's pass completion is superior to Huntley's. Dynamo.