Morning all,

I have spoken with my source at the club (reveal it again was R.Reid), who i get things through by asking one my really good mates at Brentford and he has confirmed that I expect through talking to the lads still at the club we ARE at advanced stage of talks with Hughesy

As said before he told me that Tonks would not be signed 6 weeks ago and was correct

Told me 2 weeks before was done that Simpson would sign on again

The message I got was it was far from a done deal but there was a nominal fee involved and he is not the only striker we are in talks with

To confirm Hughes as well did NOT play in the friendly on Tuesday behind closed doors

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for being up front about your source.

I am amazed, and to be honest disappointed.

The only hope is that all the rpoblems have made him change, if true.

Of course, it could still be a bit of a wind up

Edited by singe

Not disputing what you've been told but the

As said before he told me that Tonks would not be signed 6 weeks ago and was correct

Told me 2 weeks before was done that Simpson would sign on again

were not major surprises to anyone, with or without inside information.

Let's wait and see . My knickers are untwisted and will remain so.

If Lee Hughes comes back for a second stint at the club I think it's going to piss a lot of people off.

It split the club the first time but I don't think a repeat is an option.

We were probably averaging about 5 and a half thousand last time here was here

For what it's worth, though I would prefer our players to be role models this is never really going to be the case so rather than look to players to provide my kids with moral guidance, I'd be quite happy for them to show them how to score a few goals. Still can't see it happening though - he'd want too much for a 36 year old that has been playing in League 1.

I think he would get 12 minimum if fit and more likely 15+

For all his faults he knows where the net is, as I said I was told it is not done deal but it is at an advanced stage

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also they just mentioned he is signing for us on talksport, hope my source is correct again

From the Oldham Advertiser online:

RUMOURS Latics have swooped to bring former striker Lee Hughes back to Boundary Park are wide of the mark.

A club source revealed preliminary talks had taken place with the former West Brom hitman, who joined the club following his release from prison in 2007, but added that a return was ‘very unlikely’ with the 36 year old’s wages thought to be the main stumbling block.

As the Advertiser went to press on Wednesday, Hughes was was linked with a possible move to Gillingham, reuniting him with former Notts County boss Martin Allen.

Linky thing: http://menmedia.co.uk/oldhamadvertiser/sport/football/oldham_athletic/s/1584361_two-targets-in-mind-for-robbie-simpson

Edited by Laticsbiffo

Thanks for being up front about your source.

I am amazed, and to be honest disappointed.

The only hope is that all the rpoblems have made him change, if true.

Of course, it could still be a bit of a wind up

Getting a denial off PD is the icing on the cake

If wages are the stumbling block I'm ashamed to be a Latics fan. It is an idea (if it is one) that is so uitterly devoid of common sense, merit or ethics as to question the capability of anyone involved.

We really do have some delicate little flowers who follow latics. Do you not employ people to do jobs on your car, house etc who have a past? If they can do the job who cares?

I'd have Marlon King up top with Ian Huntley pulling the strings in midfield if it meant a season of some sort of progress. SC needs to do all he can to stop us going down as we'd never get back up.

Hughes has more talent in one of his testicles than Smith and Taylor have in their whole body. We would be mad not to try and get him back.