Jose Baxter

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the beauty of this signing (assuming it happens) is that it'll give us better attacking options from the bench

A better attacking option would be another striker playing close to Smith, but under the current system that's not going to happen.

Baxter doesn't play as far forward as Simpson from what Iv'e seen today, unless of course he was used today in a role alien to him.

A better attacking option would be another striker playing close to Smith, but under the current system that's not going to happen.

Baxter doesn't play as far forward as Simpson from what Iv'e seen today, unless of course he was used today in a role alien to him.

Didn't Baxter score against us for the trannies at PP last season? From outside the box I think.

IMO Mellor needs to be the key man driving the team on, but under he current Latics tactical system he's just a small cog in the wheel, it would not surprise me to see him fulfil a leading role at another club in the future, say Rochdale or Bury.

I agree, saw him play this role at Salford City before last season and was v impressed. Never seen him there since

PD sticks to a loan striker with Simpson just behind because it worked well, before last Christmas, with Kuqi playing up front. Unfortunately we no longer, and are not likely to have, anyone of Kuqis ability joining us any time soon.

PD sticks to a loan striker with Simpson just behind because it worked well, before last Christmas, with Kuqi playing up front. Unfortunately we no longer, and are not likely to have, anyone of Kuqis ability joining us any time soon.

Or to put it another way, PD sticks to a loan striker with Simpson just behind despite it not working well since last Christmas.

how about a 4-3-3? wes, furman, baxter; croft, slew (don't shoot), simpson.

that would give us winchester, mc, mellor; miller/huges, taylor/smith, monty.

still need at least one defender...and a goalscorer...and another midfielder...but we'd be getting there.

just a thought. drifting into fantsy now. if we did go 4-3-3 we could start to copy Barca, playing wonderful pass and move football, a radical step which would sweep away the third division. pep dickoc would spit on the coventry job......sorry, i've had no sleep.

Ok , when is he signing?

Or did we misunderstand his wage demands, so £2,000 a week is what we have to pay him , not his agent's cut?

he is only on trial, apart from a "source" of someones the club have never said he is signing.

tbf if he is signing they wouldnt have announced early in the week, this afternoon/tomorrow maybe

he is only on trial, apart from a "source" of someones the club have never said he is signing.

tbf if he is signing they wouldnt have announced early in the week, this afternoon/tomorrow maybe

he's been on Sky saying he has been interviewed for "biggest decision of his career"

hes told Lee Croft You in Thursday mate?

Croft asked him shat the reserve ccore was

Hope I sign soon

Also the chron seemed to think tommorow

Edited by singe