2 current greedy league players

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a lot about Paul Scholes, whether he would or wouldn't apply for the job if he will become a coach at United when he retires and whether he actually likes Oldham but not many people have actually said whether they'd like him as our manager.

As a player I didn't see potential managerial skills. He was quiet, didn't like interviews, wasn't really the leader on the pitch. His stardom would definitely attract a few more fans through the turnstiles but would he be good for us? Would he keep us in the league?

He's getting ££££££££ from Sky Sports for his punditry and I'd guess he's contracted with them.

Money talks.

Although, as much as I hated him as a player. I'd love him here as a manager. He has an eye for the game that many don't, he's coached before, captained passionately and looks like he is the perfect manager material.

Thats Gary Neville pal.

I've seen a lot about Paul Scholes, whether he would or wouldn't apply for the job if he will become a coach at United when he retires and whether he actually likes Oldham but not many people have actually said whether they'd like him as our manager.

As a player I didn't see potential managerial skills. He was quiet, didn't like interviews, wasn't really the leader on the pitch. His stardom would definitely attract a few more fans through the turnstiles but would he be good for us? Would he keep us in the league?

Bobby Charlton and Nobby Stiles were crap managers.

Carragher was an unofficial coach the day we played them, he was sat in their dugout with a much better view than Rodgers on the touchline. I would be surprised if it was him but despite not liking him one bit I would have him as manager.

I couldn't stand Dickov as a player and it took a while for him to win me over when he was appointed but I think any player deserves a clean slate if they move into management. Unless it is Robbie Savage but there's no way he will leave the media to get into management.

From the 'Chron article about the applications...

"Corney has received over 75 applications for the job so far — at least one of whom has international experience."

Sven Goran Eriksson? But cannot see him wanting to leave Dubai for Ice Station Zebra...but that Ms. Warburton better watch out if he does!

"Corney has received over 75 applications for the job so far — at least one of whom has international experience."

Sven Goran Eriksson? But cannot see him wanting to leave Dubai for Ice Station Zebra...but that Ms. Warburton better watch out if he does!

Wadsworth?

Peter Taylor

Sammy Mac

Out of the 75 applications, I wonder how many are actual managers, ex/current players looking to get into management or just people sending in an application so that they can keep the Job Centre satisfied?

A few Eastern Europeans may be interested.