LJ wants a drummer...

Guys ill be back with the drum at every home game and try my best to get to away games next season as i will have a season ticket and abit more money that i did last year, for anyone wondering why i wasn't at the last few games it wasn't because we was in a relegation battle it was simply because i couldn't afford it and had college on quite a few weekends!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys ill be back with the drum at every home game and try my best to get to away games next season as i will have a season ticket and abit more money that i did last year, for anyone wondering why i wasn't at the last few games it wasn't because we was in a relegation battle it was simply because i couldn't afford it and had college on quite a few weekends!

Please dont bring the drum to the away games we dont need one. you stick to your local aways with the "ultras"

I like the concept of a 'leftfield' appointment but ......I hope it is going to lead to better decisions than this. Fans seeing their players busting a gut (hopefully with some degree of skill) will generate all the noise & atmosphere needed.

Might as well pipe out pre recorded supporter noise instead of a drum , not for me thanks . I will give my son my season ticket money for his Uni. fund rather than be forced to listen to a drum .

Whoopy :censored:ing do.

Believe me, it's not the team that's the problem - or the results - it's the vast majority of fans and their lack of participation, their apathy.The league/health and safety rules don't help, but there's ways around it. Many have tried to spice it up over the years, Markoasis, few lads couple of seasons ago, Guy, but ultimately all failed.

There has to be a need for the fans to support. If you want to have that atmosphere, you have to want to do it. It's got :censored: all to do with the lads on the pitch, or the 'match day experience' the club itself offers.

Frankly, I think that's bollocks......the apathy of the fans has been brought about by 20 years of :censored:e on the pitch.

How anyone can get worked up about games of football in which we have generally failed to even threaten the opponents goal is beyond me.

A bar in the Chaddy would help but above all the entertainment has to get better and with the new stand going up and a forward thinking manager we have a chance to improve things.

The cup games proved we can still stir up the atmosphere but the players performances helped and we played very well in both games.......if we had gone a couple of goals down early doors the place would have been like a morgue.

I think the mood of the crowd is almost completely influenced by the performance of the team and if the team continues to under perform then the atmosphere in the ground will remain the same!

I like the concept of a 'leftfield' appointment but ......I hope it is going to lead to better decisions than this. Fans seeing their players busting a gut (hopefully with some degree of skill) will generate all the noise & atmosphere needed.

Might as well pipe out pre recorded supporter noise instead of a drum , not for me thanks . I will give my son my season ticket money for his Uni. fund rather than be forced to listen to a drum .

You are the sort of supporter I would rather not turn up. You are there to sing and cheer the team on, I sit in the main stand and you realise how effective the drum is. So if you were a real Latics a fan a drum being used wouldn't stop you going. End of rant.

Believe me, it's not the team that's the problem - or the results - it's the vast majority of fans and their lack of participation, their apathy.The league/health and safety rules don't help, but there are ways around it. Many have tried to spice it up over the years, Markoasis, few lads couple of seasons ago, Guy, but ultimately all failed because nobody can be arsed.

There has to be a need for the fans to support, if you want to have that atmosphere you have to want to do it. It's got :censored: all to do with the lads on the pitch, or the 'match day experience' the club itself offers.

What did Guy actually do? I saw his posts on here but it passed me by in the ground.

Jesus H Christ. It's a drum we're talking about. Not merging with FC Utd, for :censored:s sake.

If some of this frankly astonishing passion that's being displayed about a musical instrument could be shown at the games, this thread wouldn't even exist.....

How anyone can get worked up about games of football in which we have generally failed to even threaten the opponents goal is beyond me.

.....if we had gone a couple of goals down early doors the place would have been like a morgue.

I think the mood of the crowd is almost completely influenced by the performance of the team

2 nil down and playing for pride, it didn't stop this lot and it never does. There's probably about 800-1000 here...

... this is a different match, but you get the idea, about 1200 in the MRE - (clearly no pyro (officially) allowed in Football League matches) - and it's not just FC either, there are a lot of non-league clubs trying to do this.

...every match is the same, win lose or draw, so why is it so much of a problem for Oldham fans?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfmydEssBow

(there's no sodding drum either)

What did Guy actually do? I saw his posts on here but it passed me by in the ground.

He didn't do anything in the end, he took it too far with his "we have to be like this" approach which didn't go down too well, and he was threatened by the alleged non-existent right-wing element of the club.

2 nil down and playing for pride, it didn't stop this lot and it never does. There's probably about 800-1000 here...

... this is a different match, but you get the idea, about 1200 in the MRE - (clearly no pyro (officially) allowed in Football League matches) - and it's not just FC either, there are a lot of non-league clubs trying to do this.

...every match is the same, win lose or draw, so why is it so much of a problem for Oldham fans?

(there's no sodding drum either)

Great atmosphere there but what I notice most is the grown men and women participating. That's stark contrast to BP where there is a big division between young fans and old fans.

I'm 17 and don't really go to that singing section next to the barrier but I sit in the RRE and sing most of the songs from a little distance away. I find a lot of songs cringey. It's Lee Johnson's Blue and White army, not barmy army, we're not a cricket club. We should only have one 'oh when the blues go marching in song' and that's the OWTB that is original to Latics, singing 'you fat bastard' to opposition fans, 'woahhhhhhhh, you :censored: bastard' to the keeper, rushing towards the barrier and the rest put me off going there. I guess it's the same for other older people than myself.

There's no integration other than 5 or 6 adults in that section and that's our problem. Sure, there would undoubtedly be a better atmosphere if we were successful but we would definitely have a louder BP if there was a singing section for both young and older.

People not remember Everton? RRE was bouncing, great escape for 30 mins, the drum made the difference. Stop moaning you grumpy old boring gits.

I would counter that with Nottingham Forrest Everton away and Leyton Orient to name a few which were far better then Everton at home. We didnt have a drum at them games

Believe me, it's not the team that's the problem - or the results - it's the vast majority of fans and their lack of participation, their apathy.The league/health and safety rules don't help, but there are ways around it. Many have tried to spice it up over the years, Markoasis, few lads couple of seasons ago, Guy, but ultimately all failed because nobody can be arsed.

There has to be a need for the fans to support, if you want to have that atmosphere you have to want to do it. It's got :censored: all to do with the lads on the pitch, or the 'match day experience' the club itself offers.

Not always a case of people wanting to be arsed if you take an away game like Colchester you can garuntee there be the same faces there so they will stand together and sing.

Orient away good atmopshere on downside was there where to many different groups trying to out sing each other cutting in between each other songs this happens often at the local away games.

Atleast LJ idea about the drum is a way forward and the young lad who did it last season Ben, was better than the previous two drummers. If people do not like it sing louder.

Atleast LJ idea about the drum is a way forward and the young lad who did it last season Ben, was better than the previous two drummers. If people do not like it sing louder.

about the last two drummers... the one before Ben was class, went most away games, especially the big ones where we needed an atmosphere and can remember one instance huddersfield where he did the same song for half an hour so for me he was the best drummer up to now, touhy was class for the two cup games though!

Not always a case of people wanting to be arsed if you take an away game like Colchester you can garuntee there be the same faces there so they will stand together and sing.

Orient away good atmopshere on downside was there where to many different groups trying to out sing each other cutting in between each other songs this happens often at the local away games.

It's hardly an idea, and it isn't the answer as a drum isn't needed. Specifically my point is, and this is what matters, generating a rousing support at home when you're losing. Anyways, I'll leave you to it.

Latics fans piss me off sometimes! Anything for a whinge! Fair enough through the season when results don't go our way and we're playing :censored:e but it's summer for :censored:s sake so they moan about anything from corney to a fecking drum.

We all want an athmosphere at bp surely? Why not give it a go? Got to beat the recent athmosphere generated in the league and surely can't be any worse?

You're dead to me now.

Nothing says "You're at Latics" to me more than hearing that being played. Football is about traditions and in the quarter of a century that I have been attending Latics home games that song has been played, when football loses its traditions it disappears up its own arsehole.

I quite like the song, but most youngsters won't get it. A balance between tradition and change is needed and we have a lot of traditions at OAFC that are not particularly positive.