LJ wants a drummer...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh the club need to look at the whole matchday experience. Forest away is an example of how well it can be done, they had an announcer and music that pumped up the fans ready for kick off, similar to at Huddersfield. I do hope that when the new stand is built we review the matchday music and announcements etc as we are really lacking and still living in the past.

What's better is that he wants a singing section.

At last there is some sort of support for a group of fans standing and making lots of noise with or without drum.

It shouldn't be the case that a drum is needed to create an atmosphere but unfortunately it is but I partly blame that on a :censored:e matchday experience provided by the club and :censored:e football on the pitch.

Anyway, it could be worse, we could play novelty music after a goal is scored like Wigan do....now that would be unbearable.

If he wants to create an atmosphere that badly, there are better things to do.

1.) Play well or play against a big club. The atmosphere against Everton was one of the best I can remember at BP.

2.) Get the owner to put a bar for the Chaddy to access. Alcohol usually helps improve the atmosphere.

3.) If you need to stand to make yourself heard then looking the other way at people standing might help too.

tbh the club need to look at the whole matchday experience. Forest away is an example of how well it can be done, they had an announcer and music that pumped up the fans ready for kick off, similar to at Huddersfield. I do hope that when the new stand is built we review the matchday music and announcements etc as we are really lacking and still living in the past.

Thats only any good if the fans are up for it though. We only just recently stopped our announcer screaming down the mic 'COME ON LATICS, MAKE SOME NOIZE FOR YOUR BOYZZZ!!!' as the players trotted out after HT on drizzly tuesdays. Used to make me cringe so badly that I used to hide inside my coat and pretend I couldnt hear it.

What we really need are some Ultraz. Maybe copying the german model, with two flags for every fan and some megaphones.

Or an elderly gentleman teaching everyone in the crowd the second verse to Andy Ritchie's magic. When he isn't supporting the nearest team to where he lives, or some team in Ireland or Spain.

:wink::grin:

Thats only any good if the fans are up for it though. We only just recently stopped our announcer screaming down the mic 'COME ON LATICS, MAKE SOME NOIZE FOR YOUR BOYZZZ!!!' as the players trotted out after HT on drizzly tuesdays. Used to make me cringe so badly that I used to hide inside my coat and pretend I couldnt hear it.

So long as they do not bring back MOULDY OLD DOUGH. That really made me cringe.Said it all

So long as they do not bring back MOULDY OLD DOUGH. That really made me cringe.Said it all

You're dead to me now.

Nothing says "You're at Latics" to me more than hearing that being played. Football is about traditions and in the quarter of a century that I have been attending Latics home games that song has been played, when football loses its traditions it disappears up its own arsehole.

'We are the Boys in Blue' or 'Oh When the Blues' - decent enough chants - no need for a drummer imho.

Also - final line in the article - definitely a no to David Worrall - too expensive by far.

That pleases me! Get some atmosphere back! One of the main reasons people don't come on a home game is because of our awful atmosphere. Get a drummer in, a singing section and some proper pump - up music and lets pump up the boys. Some of the moany bastards of fans that we have will disagree though and will want to just have a sit down and then are moaning about results not being good on the pitch!

going off the atmosphere at Orient I think having a decent boozer next to the ground or even better a bar in the ground would be a good start. Get the fans in and around the ground early to allow for a decent atmosphere to build up

That. All you need is a bit of shelter - no need for a bells-and-whistles bar experience. A bit of shelter, somewhere to rest your chaser, plus an ashtray.

I am not wasting any time on the drummer discussion. However that is sacrilege. Mouldy Old Dough is my ringtone, and unless Wigan have decided to nick it , is uniquely Latics.

It shouldn't be the case that a drum is needed to create an atmosphere but unfortunately it is but I partly blame that on a :censored:e matchday experience provided by the club and :censored:e football on the pitch.

Believe me, it's not the team that's the problem - or the results - it's the vast majority of fans and their lack of participation, their apathy.The league/health and safety rules don't help, but there are ways around it. Many have tried to spice it up over the years, Markoasis, few lads couple of seasons ago, Guy, but ultimately all failed because nobody can be arsed.

There has to be a need for the fans to support, if you want to have that atmosphere you have to want to do it. It's got :censored: all to do with the lads on the pitch, or the 'match day experience' the club itself offers.

Completely agree. Would love somewhere to go for a couple of pints before the game, and would love something to be near the ground to do that!

How close to the ground is the Clayton Green? Presumably you are a Chaddy ender, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining.