Marwan Koukash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the interest is genuine and Koukash does want to move the club forward in a sustainable way, us fans can make this happen by making Corney and know in no uncertain terms that we no longer want stagnation and death by a thousand cuts in as vocal way as possible.

The club wants a future, under Corney we have a very limited future whether he builds the stand or not. 6 months until the covenant runs out and still no real progress of ground being broken on the North Side of BP.

Everything to me looks to be hold, recruitment, assistant manager, stand? He (SC) clearly wants a sale sooner rather than later. 2nd story of interested parties in a couple of weeks. If he genuinely wants what's best for Oldham Athletic he will not hold ANY genuinely interested party to ransom IF they are the right fit for the club.

You can't demand that him, Blitz & Gazal accept a deal that isn't right for them though.

I appreciate what the TTA did for us but the bottom line is if your daft enough to throw your hard earned at a loss making business and you then lose money...tough :censored:. You don't then turn round and say I want my money back! Iv'e had a tenner on Our Gabriel off the back of all this if it comes in last I won't be phoning PaddyPower and asking for my money back..

What is it about Salford and Oldham ?

They wanted to merge the two clubs during the Rugby league super league startup. Then Salford choose Oldham rugby league to become their feeder club just last year and now this?

I just don't see the natural connection :(

They are close (in distance).

On a rugby term it makes perfect sense for the link-up.

Oldham has some of the best amateur teams around, (Manchester/Salford the interest in amateur RL isn’t so big); Salford can get a closer look at some of these players by putting them through the Roughyeds. Salford then take these players off Oldham.

Oldham get all the young Salford stars on dual registration and also get some of the top players who are returning from injury.

Salford and Oldham won’t be in direct competition due to Franchise ruling so both teams can benefit.

Leeds Rhinos have a similar link up with Hunslet.

They are close (in distance).

On a rugby term it makes perfect sense for the link-up.

Oldham has some of the best amateur teams around, (Manchester/Salford the interest in amateur RL isn’t so big); Salford can get a closer look at some of these players by putting them through the Roughyeds. Salford then take these players off Oldham.

Oldham get all the young Salford stars on dual registration and also get some of the top players who are returning from injury.

Salford and Oldham won’t be in direct competition due to Franchise ruling so both teams can benefit.

Leeds Rhinos have a similar link up with Hunslet.

It's a shame to see great old clubs now feeders for others. Licensing is going out of the window by the way but dual reg will still be around I think - they're too tight to run reserve teams.

If the interest is genuine and Koukash does want to move the club forward in a sustainable way, us fans can make this happen by making Corney and know in no uncertain terms that we no longer want stagnation and death by a thousand cuts in as vocal way as possible.

The club wants a future, under Corney we have a very limited future whether he builds the stand or not. 6 months until the covenant runs out and still no real progress of ground being broken on the North Side of BP.

Problem is if we start putting pressure on Corney, he'll spit his dummy out & sell us to the first person that makes an acceptable offer without considering the long term effect on the club & we all know that Vaughan is interested..

& according to Corney we have a 20 year + another potential 20 years to play at BP guarenteed?

From the chron 2011.. Mr Corney said: “We have agreed a 20-year lease with my two former partners, with an option for a further 20 years, and this has secured the future for the next 40 years.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/59263/goalden-handshake

Tad unfair, he refused Vaughan, who strikes me the type that would think he could buy you by chucking in a bit more money.

We have no way of knowing if Vaughan was refused on the basis he wasn't 'fit and proper' or just that a deal couldn't be negotiated. I've no doubt Corney wants to leave us in the rights hands but if a questionable offer was made that was a good deal for Corney and co, what's best for Oldham Athletic would be secondary.

I appreciate what the TTA did for us but the bottom line is if your daft enough to throw your hard earned at a loss making business and you then lose money...tough :censored:. You don't then turn round and say I want my money back! Iv'e had a tenner on Our Gabriel off the back of all this if it comes in last I won't be phoning PaddyPower and asking for my money back..

It finished 5th of 9.

5th Our Gabrial (IRE) 9-0 (Dr Marwan Koukash)

(Ring price: 2/1 15/8 7/4 15/8 7/4 13/8) SP 13/8fav

R A Fahey

T Hamilton

dwelt in touch, ridden over 2f out, edged right and ran green over 1f out, not troubled leaders

I'm waiting for his best horse Mount Athos, which has been declared to run at Royal Ascot on Friday. If it wins maybe Clare Balding will ask him about the Latics interest. :unsure:

Edited by BP1960

It cant be done Ross its like saying your second team is United and that Chris Moore chap didnt get the credit he deserved. Simply impossible.

What is really sad is that :censored: more provided the best season I have witnessed as a Latics fan. Typical Latics even my best season watching us has a huge negative attached to it!