I can't believe they have got him can't wait for Saturday now there is a really positive buzz around the club at the moment bring on the season this has to be up there with the the best strike force we have had going into a season does anyone think we have a top goal scorer might have a cheeky bet

Full.Stops.Serious.A.Lack.Of

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is Lascelles I will be absolutely buzzing and be as confident for the new season as I have ever been. He will complete the squad and slot in beside Tarkowski, 19 years old yes but a very big talent. This is fact as well in that Arsenal offered 5m a year ago for him, and you know what Arsenal are like in youth development, they sign top quality players at a young and age and mould them into their first team

Another piece in the almost complete jigsaw that should take us well away from a relegation threat before we kick a ball. The real bonus in all this positivity should be a serious (1000+ initially) increase in attendances with all the benefits that will bring. Could we please see a couple of iron girders rising out of the rubble or is that being greedy?

Really thrilled to see that Rooney has signed. It's been a long time since I've been this happy with our attacking options going into a season.

I think we are in for an exciting year; I believe we will be fantastic with the ball but worrying at times without it.

I'm hopeful all the rumours regarding a decent loan centre back are confirmed. This may prove to be a terrible prediction, but we might be pushing for a play-off place this season.

For the time being I'm trying to keep my feet firmly on the ground but I'll be there on Saturday hoping we get off to a flying start!

The air of positivity that LJ has brought to the club is refreshing. The length of deal with The Rooney signing is just as important as the signing itself. Hope fully this is the big push to get out of this division, well done to all at the club who made this happen.

Are we going to do what Peterborough did 2 years ago and abandon Defence and go all out attack and still win promotion?

Get the feeling we might get our value for money for season tickets this season if I don't see any less than 375 goals this season i'm not renewing next year

Richard askam on twitter tweeted about another player, my guess would be lascelles seeming as it is looking nailed on that forest are going to be signing kelvin wilson

The same Richard Askell who said Dowie was 100% getting the OAFC job?

I'll stick it out there - Vaughan? Just kidding!

With Rooney signed, best attack we have had for a few years? Last strike force I can remember people bigging up was the Davies, Ricketts (shudder) & Hughes in the 07/08 season. We should hopefully be one of the top scorers in the division this year. With Rooney, Macdonald, Baxter, Clarke-Harris and Millar they should have around 50 goals between them at least? Definitely shouldn't go through them non-scoring spells like we did with Dickov!

A lot of people seem to be banging on about how great Clarke-Harris is - I hope he continues his form from pre-season but let's not build the kid up before knocking him down. The lad's played fifteen professional games.

Some stats, league games only, (inc. playoffs)

2012/13 - Swindon - League 1:

13 starting appearances - subbed off 10 times

18 sub appearances

31 total appearances

1498 minutes on the pitch

10 goals

A ratio of 1 goal every 150 minutes

2011/12 - Birmingham - Championship

6 starting appearances - subbed off 3 times

12 sub appearances

18 total appearances

725 minutes on the pitch

4 goals

A ratio of 1 goal every 181 minutes

He also scored in Europe this season.

Might do more, I can be a right statto sometimes.

Edited by Simpo