Micah - this week's raising of hopes

Richards will probably run his contract down. The guy is what you call a modern footballer rotting in the reserves just to get his mega money salary, which he probably won't get at other clubs. If he would have moved clubs last season he would have been in the England squad because he's a far better right back then Johnson

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With FFP would the year we recieve it be the only year we could spend it on players?

Surely at least £500k has got to go in strengthening the team after waiting all these years?

SCMP is broadly based on previous year figures anyway, I get the impression that as long as the budgets match up, there may be a way of deferring recognising the income, as many clubs will have a set budget for the season.

E.g. if a club recieves a £500k transfer fee today, but uses it to pay for 3 years of wages, how does that work in the 2nd and 3rd year?

Richards will probably run his contract down. The guy is what you call a modern footballer rotting in the reserves just to get his mega money salary, which he probably won't get at other clubs. If he would have moved clubs last season he would have been in the England squad because he's a far better right back then Johnson

Nobody ever comes up with the answer as to why you would want to leave one of the most progressive clubs in the world to go and play for Stoke?

Nobody ever comes up with the answer as to why you would want to leave one of the most progressive clubs in the world to go and play for Stoke?

If you were not playing regularly and therefore not progressing and 'earning' your money, surely being at that club is not a good idea and would suit all parties to go and play for a club who rates you enough to play you week in/out?? Surely that's the answer you seek?

Because he isn't playing and didn't even get a Premier League winners medal.

At Stoke he will play and its not like he would have a bad life either I'm sure he would be earning a 7 figure salary annually and could get back into the England team. If he did really well at Stoke he could get a move back to a top 4 club as first choice right back rather than reserve.

If he leaves now he gives himself better market value interms of wages and signing on fee. If he waits another year sat in the reserves then clubs will likely offer him less than now as being sat in the reserves for a year will actively play against him. Man city are not likely to offer him another contract if he does just sit in the reserves for another year they have to abide by FFP

Its in his interests to leave now. However I won't be surprised if that moves only goes through late on August the 31st.

Edited by GlossopLatic

City go for 4 trophies, playing 50+ games a season, even as the second choice you'd usually expect to be involved in half of those and be in with a shout of winning medals, I'd take that over playing 40 games for a side whose only ambition is to finish 17th.

I don't know the kid, but he's never struck me as someone who's only in it for the money.

City go for 4 trophies, playing 50+ games a season, even as the second choice you'd usually expect to be involved in half of those and be in with a shout of winning medals, I'd take that over playing 40 games for a side whose only ambition is to finish 17th.

I don't know the kid, but he's never struck me as someone who's only in it for the money.

He played in about 3 league games last season didnt even play in the 10 required to pick up a medal.

You do realise he didn't actively qaulify for premier league winners medal last season or a league cup winners medal and theirfore didn't get one don't you?

I think Micah will sit it out....not just because he is a lazy sod but because he will be able to negotiate a hefty 'signing on' fee between himself and his agent because there will be a few clubs wanting to snap him up at premier league level as a 'free agent' and it will still be a bargain for the club vs what transfer fee they would pay now.

Plus if Richards is interested in getting back into international football the Euros is 2 years away so he can afford to wait it out

Yes, I'm aware of that pal.

Plucking random figures out of the air, would you rather get paid £100k per week to train with Man City and not play enough to get win any medals or £60k per week to play first team premier league football with a realistic chance of being first choice England right back?

That's what it boils down to doesn't it? The salaries are so high it almost becomes pointless how much you earn so it's down to how much competitive football you want to play.

Plucking random figures out of the air, would you rather get paid £100k per week to train with Man City and not play enough to get win any medals or £60k per week to play first team premier league football with a realistic chance of being first choice England right back?

That's what it boils down to doesn't it? The salaries are so high it almost becomes pointless how much you earn so it's down to how much competitive football you want to play.

Yeah I hear what you're saying, I don't think Sagna has gone there with a view to only playing a few games and picking up a wedge, he'll be fancying his chances of getting in the team and playing his part, why can't that have been the case with Richards?

Not sure the England thing is that big a deal for players these days,

How many games did he play last year? Now they have signed Sagna he will be third choice

I think Micah will sit it out....not just because he is a lazy sod but because he will be able to negotiate a hefty 'signing on' fee between himself and his agent because there will be a few clubs wanting to snap him up at premier league level as a 'free agent' and it will still be a bargain for the club vs what transfer fee they would pay now.

Plus if Richards is interested in getting back into international football the Euros is 2 years away so he can afford to wait it out

If he sits in reserves at City on 100k a week, then goes somewhere hes has another year earning 100k. He could go to Stoke and become an almighty flop, and find himself Championship in 2 years on 20k. It all comes down to agents and money. Anyone who thinks he will leave to play more are delusional, otherwise hed have fled the City roost a long time ago.

Something else we might want to think about is this to use the stoke example again

If Richards is offered 60k a week to go to stoke but decide he would rather stay for another year on 100k per week at city, city themselves might come back to him and offer him a pay off to go to stoke ie 2 mill up front.

That way city sell him now and get a fee Richards doesn't lose out financially as he gets a pay off upfront and a nice new 60k a week contract for 4 years plus first team football and as he's playing he gets playing/win bonuses.

Edited by GlossopLatic

He's only unambitious because we're not getting what we think we're due. He's probably been commended in other quarters for trying to get his head down and win his place back. With two world class right backs in front of him, it'spprobably time to give up but it's hardly fair to criticise him for just being greedy

He's only unambitious because we're not getting what we think we're due. He's probably been commended in other quarters for trying to get his head down and win his place back. With two world class right backs in front of him, it'spprobably time to give up but it's hardly fair to criticise him for just being greedy

He's played 18 times in 2 seasons in all competitions. He's at the age where he should have been playing every week. If he had have been he would have been in the England World Cup squad, probably the team.

Deyres42 is probably right though, maybe playing for England isn't the draw we think it should be.

He's not just a right back, he can play centre too can't he? City have tried a few in there but not him in the last 2 years.

Fair enough stay and fight for your place, but it had not changed in 2 seasons. He should have forced his way out in January. He was obviously not going to start and with a move he could have been at the World Cup in Brazil. Looking at it as an England fan, to let that go by without even trying shoes a lack of ambition for me.