Micah - this week's raising of hopes

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loan just seemed to make sense for all parties but Latics of courses

He would be off the wage bill (city no doubt still be paying at least 50% his wages)

The new club would get chance to look at a player who will command a £5m plus fee and has player very little football of late

Richards gets a chance in the shop window for him and his agent to bag a bigger wage ahead of him signing for someone next season

Would be gutting but can't see anyone taking a transfer risk on him or him wanting to reduce wages

On sky news app tonight. Sky bet have slashed odds on him going to Tottenham from to 12/1 down to 2/1. Newcastle are still favourites to land him. Although further up page it's says toon have lend some foreigner up to replace debuchy.

Spurs then. They're well known for paying over the odds for players!!!

On sky news app tonight. Sky bet have slashed odds on him going to Tottenham from to 12/1 down to 2/1. Newcastle are still favourites to land him. Although further up page it's says toon have lend some foreigner up to replace debuchy.

Spurs then. They're well known for paying over the odds for players!!!

Debuchy is off to Arsenal.

Edit: Ignore me, read it wrong!

Edited by sjk2008

Look, haven't we all resigned ourselves to the fact that he'll see out this last year of his uber wages, run his contract down and leave on a free?

One more year on the best possible wages he can likely ever command, then takes his chances on the free transfer market, where he; not City nor us, claims the signing on fee.

He patently doesn't give a flying :censored: about his England Career, or actually playing that many Premier League games; otherwise he'd have gone already. He's on bumper wages and he's at the Premier League Champions (granted he didnt contribute at all that that mind) - he's not going anywhere IMO this season.

He's off on a free next summer...

Do we still hold the sell on if he moves for a fee when he's at his next club assuming we walks for free next summer?

I can never understand this issue. It has been reported that some clubs get a sell on fee when a player is sold on again, but I don't remember Latics getting further sell on payments. Maybe it depends on how the contract is worded, otherwise a small club could make quite a bit from a player who moves up in value several times. For instance if Richards moved for £5m this summer and did well enough to move for £15m in a couple of years we may be in for another windfall of £2m on top of the initial £1m, and another £1m if he moved on again for £20m.

I can never understand this issue. It has been reported that some clubs get a sell on fee when a player is sold on again, but I don't remember Latics getting further sell on payments. Maybe it depends on how the contract is worded, otherwise a small club could make quite a bit from a player who moves up in value several times. For instance if Richards moved for £5m this summer and did well enough to move for £15m in a couple of years we may be in for another windfall of £2m on top of the initial £1m, and another £1m if he moved on again for £20m.

Yes it is all about how we word the transfer agreement. And no there is no future sell on in the agreement.

Edited by Monty Burns

Ah that makes sense. Cheers

If he went for a fee which included a sell on clause my understanding is that we would get 20% of whatever Man City receive from that subsequent sell on.

But I doubt he will increase in value. Be more than happy if we top £1m from this bloke.