Micah - this week's raising of hopes

The wage bill is not the only expenditure the club makes think about it. You have

Police costs for the season

Maintaining the stadium

The electric bill ( those floodlights aren't cheap and someone is in BP everyday)

The cost of travel to games for 1st team and reserves.

The cost of stewards admin staff turnstile operators.

Maintaing the pitch

Maintaining chapel road.

Running the youth setup.

Marketing costs.

It all adds up their are probably other costs that we don't know about.

In season 2012-13 we made a profit of 250k due to an fa cup run which netted us £1mill.

When I was at uni we looked at football clubs accounts for the 2000-01 season that season Oldham had

Revenue £2.8 mill

Wage bill £2.2 mill

Loss for season £900k

We can now only spend 60% of revenue on wages, so there must be some significant extra costs...

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can now only spend 60% of revenue on wages, so there must be some significant extra costs...

Is that 60% of revenue on players wages, since admin staff and coaches etc will not be cheap?

By the way I don't get this idea of signing players on 2 year contracts and then selling them after a year if they are any good!

The net effect of that will be remaining a lower half 3rd division team thereby continuing the losses each year.

Is that 60% of revenue on players wages, since admin staff and coaches etc will not be cheap?

By the way I don't get this idea of signing players on 2 year contracts and then selling them after a year if they are any good!

The net effect of that will be remaining a lower half 3rd division team thereby continuing the losses each year.

Plus the fact you are rebuilding every year, it only takes one bad season with a team of misfits and all the selling will have been in vain.

Sounds just like Ashley's plan for the barcodes.

That same "Agent/Advisor" does the same every year even when at Barcelona.

I think last years one was, "needs a new challange, only Mancini respects him" followed by him signing a new contract a few weeks later.

The wage bill is not the only expenditure the club makes think about it. You have

Police costs for the season

Maintaining the stadium

The electric bill ( those floodlights aren't cheap and someone is in BP everyday)

The cost of travel to games for 1st team and reserves.

The cost of stewards admin staff turnstile operators.

Maintaing the pitch

Maintaining chapel road.

Running the youth setup.

Marketing costs.

It all adds up their are probably other costs that we don't know about.

In season 2012-13 we made a profit of 250k due to an fa cup run which netted us £1mill.

When I was at uni we looked at football clubs accounts for the 2000-01 season that season Oldham had

Revenue £2.8 mill

Wage bill £2.2 mill

Loss for season £900k

You forgot the yearly payment of £250,000 to the pension fund for directors and staff around during the prem days

From the Express......

Micah Richards has hinted at a move to the Emirates Stadium after praising Arsenal for trying to do things the right way as he considers a move away from Manchester City this summer. Richards made just two Premier League appearances last season, completing 90% of his passes. (Express)

It's looking more and more likely he will go this close season.

For us it's now or never....fingers crossed.

From the Express......

Micah Richards has hinted at a move to the Emirates Stadium after praising Arsenal for trying to do things the right way as he considers a move away from Manchester City this summer. Richards made just two Premier League appearances last season, completing 90% of his passes. (Express)

It's looking more and more likely he will go this close season.

For us it's now or never....fingers crossed.

Does it say if they were short meaningless passes or killer creative through balls?

M.E.N says citys homegrown quota for the champions league has been relaxed from 8 to 5 players after having the squad numbers reduced to 21.

At the end of the article:

"It explains why City have not made efforts to keep out-of-contract English players Joleon Lescott and Gareth Barry, while Micah Richards, Jack Rodwell and Scott Sinclair will leave."

I don't get this idea of signing players on 2 year contracts and then selling them after a year if they are any good!

Surely that's better than one year deals after which they leave for nothing if they're any good?

We can't and shouldn't offer 5 year deals but this is the best we can make of a :censored: situation in my eyes.

Surely that's better than one year deals after which they leave for nothing if they're any good?

We can't and shouldn't offer 5 year deals but this is the best we can make of a :censored: situation in my eyes.

You have missed my point Harry-there is nothing wrong with 2 year deals (plus options in our favour?) its the selling the good ones but being lumbered with the poor ones that really irks me. If they prove to be good players-aka Korey, JCH and Philly, keep them or try extend the contract!

You have missed my point Harry-there is nothing wrong with 2 year deals (plus options in our favour?) its the selling the good ones but being lumbered with the poor ones that really irks me. If they prove to be good players-aka Korey, JCH and Philly, keep them or try extend the contract!

I agree but, I also understand that if the club have the opportunity to cash in they will always find it difficult not to.

Also, if you were one of our best players would you want to extend your deal when there was a likelihood you could move onwards and upwards in the near future?

At least the situation has improved slightly under Johnson.

I agree but, I also understand that if the club have the opportunity to cash in they will always find it difficult not to.

Also, if you were one of our best players would you want to extend your deal when there was a likelihood you could move onwards and upwards in the near future?

At least the situation has improved slightly under Johnson.

The situation has improved yes BUT the only option that I would allow would be the clubs option, automatically triggered if we decided to extend!. Players as good as Korey Smith could have the power to say no thanks I will not sign in that case, but for this summer there seems to be loads of these 'free agents' available so the club can say that is the deal or we are not signing you! Beggars cannot be choosers!

As far as the club finding it difficult to turn down offers it depends if the club want to stay as a lower half third division club-i dont want that! Sell Smith & we will!

The situation has improved yes BUT the only option that I would allow would be the clubs option, automatically triggered if we decided to extend!. Players as good as Korey Smith could have the power to say no thanks I will not sign in that case, but for this summer there seems to be loads of these 'free agents' available so the club can say that is the deal or we are not signing you! Beggars cannot be choosers!

As far as the club finding it difficult to turn down offers it depends if the club want to stay as a lower half third division club-i dont want that! Sell Smith & we will!

The problem is that in these situations, unfortunately the club is the beggar, and the player is the chooser!

The problem is that in these situations, unfortunately the club is the beggar, and the player is the chooser!

Then change it-Go for players who we want and sell the idea to them. Once they are here then improve them, football is not a difficult game!....

In LJ I trust!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Yes very true we 'might' but surely we have to hope for and plan for better, otherwise there is no point having a club!

But getting rid of Smith might enable us to get better players in...

Then change it-Go for players who we want and sell the idea to them. Once they are here then improve them, football is not a difficult game!....

In LJ I trust!

I can't believe we didn't think to hire :censored: players and make them great before...!

I think you're greatly underestimating the intricacies of managing playing resources on our budget and with our need to sell on a semi-regular basis.

Then change it-Go for players who we want and sell the idea to them. Once they are here then improve them, after a season they leave, football is not a difficult game!....

In LJ I trust!

FIFY.

That's what a month loans is for, tests them out.

Of course, it is never that simple as Ackey says, cannot imagine a manager not selling an idea or a club, something LJ is better than most at. BUT a big risk.

We tried it with Terry Dunfield, with Schidney, with Adam Rooney, with JCH, JP Kissock, Glenn Bezelika and many more this season alone.

Out of that lot, 1 seems to have worked.

I can't believe we didn't think to hire :censored: players and make them great before...!

I think you're greatly underestimating the intricacies of managing playing resources on our budget and with our need to sell on a semi-regular basis.

If you can point out where i wanted us to sign :censored: players, then i will concede the argument! Sign players and improve them is what I said-as succesful clubs do!

By the way we only need to sell good players on a semi-regular basis because our crowds are so low, then the crowds reduce further, down to 4th division levels.

What a great business plan!

If you can point out where i wanted us to sign :censored: players, then i will concede the argument! Sign players and improve them is what I said-as succesful clubs do!

By the way we only need to sell good players on a semi-regular basis because our crowds are so low, then the crowds reduce further, down to 4th division levels.

What a great business plan!

Improve players we sign, who'd a thought it!

I reckon we should start scoring more than the opposition too, can't believe no one has thought of that either!