Micah - this week's raising of hopes

It is easy to understand why no club is willing to meet an unrealistic £7 million valuation or something close, for Richards. He has only averaged 14 Premier League games in the last 4yrs. The average plummets to 4 in the last 2yrs.

Purely from the perspective of Latics getting a few hundred grand out of a deal I would love him to go out on loan to a Premiership club for 6 months.

If he does well and stays fit there may well be a few interested parties come the January window who would rather pay a realistic fee rather than wait till next summer and be in a wage/signing fee auction for him.

For me, the chances of making a million+ out of him are long gone. And no doubt City aren't fussed either.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit ironic that people who were once slating Corney with comments like "I bet he's accepted a cheap buy out from City for the clause" (not on here, mind), are now wishing that he had accepted a buy out of the clause...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

It's a bit ironic that people who were once slating comments like "I bet he's accepted a cheap buy out from City for the clause" (not on here, mind), are now wishing that he had accepted a buy out of the clause...

Perhap we can negotiate a buy out clause in the final month of his contract? :wink:

One of the longest saga's running on this message board.

There were times before the money men bought City and he looked a genuine prospect that we thought we might get £5m plus from the sell-on clause.

City not needing the money and for whatever reason Micah seemingly wanting to leave means we are now likely to get didley squat. Ho bloody hum.

At least we only have one more transfer window after this one "slams shut" to endure the depressingly hope-inducing carrot of a much needed payday....

One of the longest saga's running on this message board.

There were times before the money men bought City and he looked a genuine prospect that we thought we might get £5m plus from the sell-on clause.

City not needing the money and for whatever reason Micah seemingly wanting to leave means we are now likely to get didley squat. Ho bloody hum.

At least we only have one more transfer window after this one "slams shut" to endure the depressingly hope-inducing carrot of a much needed payday....

As each day passes, it looks like he will see his contract out. He will then pass into Latics folklore alongside many a boo boy.

The only chink of light is players like Richards let the bidding and negotiations continue into the start of the season before moving. It would not surprise me at all that he becomes a deadline day signing for someone, Well, no surprise and pure hope that it happens by then.

After such a long drawn out affair anything we get now would be a bonus......but he could still yet go on deadline day for 3m and say another 2m based on appearances. Even with that scenario we could be better off by up to 1m.

I dont know what's pissed me off more...this, or Paul Scholes's will he or wont he, we seem to have been discussing it for ever!!

At least if he leaves on a free we won't have to read an untold amount of threads asking where the Richards money has gone every single transfer window for 3 years

Oh yes, I hadn't thought about this, especially if he moved for "undisclosed" which would have been translated to us receiving £3m and "Where's the Micah money gone Corney?"

Why do they "slam shut"? Why do they never close it softly?

Probably because most clubs are sick of Jim White plus his crew and the "fans" hanging around their receptions, training grounds etc like the night of the living dead.

Still question the relevance of transfer windows at our level. I can understand with Prem and Championship clubs who have funds to complete their squad building before season starts. However at our level when funds are limited and were reliant upon loans etc that a window doesn't make sense. Also, with Prem and Championship clubs, the window should be one way; we can sell to secure funds, they can buy but can't play for 28 days.

Heard Arsenal were looking at some kid from Southampton who's only played 25 games, for £16mil!

In comparison, even with Richards injury problems, £4mil is dirt cheap.

is that Chambers the full back? looked a class act when he came in for Clyne last season, only 17/18 aswell

Unlike some, I don't mind City.

I'll hate them forever if they take just £4m for Richards though

When we played Melbourne City the other day there was a middle aged couple sat in their Man City shirts towards the back of the RRE.

Melbourne took the lead and this couple celebrated joyously, almost on a par with how I'd imagine them celebrating City's Aguero Premiership winning moment a couple of years back.

It said so much about the Premier League and the impact of worldwide ownership of multiple football clubs. Horribly wrong.

On this basis, I order you to hate Man City as a vile corporate monster with immediate effect.

When we played Melbourne City the other day there was a middle aged couple sat in their Man City shirts towards the back of the RRE.

Melbourne took the lead and this couple celebrated joyously, almost on a par with how I'd imagine them celebrating City's Aguero Premiership winning moment a couple of years back.

It said so much about the Premier League and the impact of worldwide ownership of multiple football clubs. Horribly wrong.

On this basis, I order you to hate Man City as a vile corporate monster with immediate effect.

Think that is a bit fanist, just because 2 complete morons are City fans, does not make all City fans the same. Know what you mean though, it does not endear you them does it!