Micah - this week's raising of hopes

i get what you're saying, but we just don't know what goes on behind the scenes.. all i know is that most footballers genuinely have a love of the game and are frustrated when injured, im positive 99% of footballers would rather be playing the game rather then sat twiddling their thumbs!

i don't know no concrete offers have been made, but you'd think it would have been talked about a lot more by SSN and journalists if say, arsenal had made a bid?

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He turned down the standby list for Euro 2012, not been in an Hodgson squad since, playing 6 months somewhere else highly unlikely to have made any difference.

I don't buy that - if he'd have gone to Roy and said that he really wanted to play, was fully committed blahblah, got 20/30 games and a good run of form under his belt then Hodgson would have told him to do one? He was scratching around for defenders for that squad.

i get what you're saying, but we just don't know what goes on behind the scenes.. all i know is that most footballers genuinely have a love of the game and are frustrated when injured, im positive 99% of footballers would rather be playing the game rather then sat twiddling their thumbs!

i don't know no concrete offers have been made, but you'd think it would have been talked about a lot more by SSN and journalists if say, arsenal had made a bid?

You're right mate - none of us know! I might have totally got him wrong, or he might be in that 1% of footballers you talk about who are happy to pick up the money and do nothing.

I hope I'm wrong, not just for the sake of our sell on but also for England, that he does go on to fulfill potential and doesn't join the far too long list of promising young England players who go on to achieve :censored: all in the game. (he probably has a prem winners medal from a couple of years ago but you know what I mean!)

I don't buy that - if he'd have gone to Roy and said that he really wanted to play, was fully committed blahblah, got 20/30 games and a good run of form under his belt then Hodgson would have told him to do one? He was scratching around for defenders for that squad.

Johnson would have to have lost a leg not to have been first choice, Walker was number 2, then take your pick from Jones, Smalling, Clyne, Chambers, Flanagan, Stones, Jenkinson.

Johnson would have to have lost a leg not to have been first choice, Walker was number 2, then take your pick from Jones, Smalling, Clyne, Chambers, Flanagan, Stones, Jenkinson.

I'm not sure Johnson would have been much worse one legged so even that might not have helped

Don't really get your point. Because there are those other options you've listed he shouldn't have even bothered trying?

You're right mate - none of us know! I might have totally got him wrong, or he might be in that 1% of footballers you talk about who are happy to pick up the money and do nothing.

I hope I'm wrong, not just for the sake of our sell on but also for England, that he does go on to fulfill potential and doesn't join the far too long list of promising young England players who go on to achieve :censored: all in the game. (he probably has a prem winners medal from a couple of years ago but you know what I mean!)

totally agree mate, hope for all sakes involved he isn't just happy sitting there picking up a wage!

To be honest if he goes I think it will be late on the transfer deadline day - if you were a manager you know City want rid of him and if you thought he was worth a punt you would try it on then and put in a smaller bid to see if City were interested (to try and pick him up at a low cost to your club) - if he had not gone before - that is what I would do anyway.

Edited by Stoney

To be honest if he goes I think it will be late on the transfer deadline day - if you were a manager you know City want rid of him and if you thought he was worth a punt you would try it on then and put in a smaller bid to see if City were interested (to try and pick him up at a low cost to your club) - if he had not gone before - that is what I would do anyway.

Agree. If (very big if) he goes it will be at 11:59:59 on deadline day, and then we will find 3 days later the deal did not go trough in time. He'll get injured playing for the Youths (he can't even get in the stiffs and will be frozen out) and his deal will expire, and he'll sign on for someone else and be back in the England squad and be sold for £25m . Tis the Latics way.

Look at Richards kicking action, Shocking. His boot colour exacerbates it, but he should be made to watch that in front of 55k people whatever the capacity in he City/United derby. On loop. For the whole match.And then for the Liverpool game too.

Edited by singe

If Rodwell is worth £10m, Richards is definitely worth similar. Rodwell's injury record is (also) shocking.

But if anyone was willing to splurge £10m for Richards, he'd be gone by now. Sadly, the clubs who are interested in him aren't going to part with that sort of cash.

Heard today on radio that both Richards and Rodwell were fit last season but couldn't get on bench let alone starting eleven.

Totally out of favour at City and regardless of homegrown quotas kids would be chosen ahead due to lack of commitment and just happy to pick up a wage.

Now Rodwell has proven today that a good agent can strike a move but then again Rodwell has a better history with Everton and already has a valuation based on that move.

I get feeling Richards isn't attracting the attention despite rumours and not worth the gamble at £5m, £7m or the £10m that Rodwell got signed for.

Loan then a freebie with £0 to us