Micah - this week's raising of hopes

If you can point out where i wanted us to sign :censored: players, then i will concede the argument! Sign players and improve them is what I said-as succesful clubs do!

By the way we only need to sell good players on a semi-regular basis because our crowds are so low, then the crowds reduce further, down to 4th division levels.

What a great business plan!

I'm pretty sure every manager we have ever had is aware of this just because they are not successful at it doesn't mean they haven't tried it.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Improve players we sign, who'd a thought it!

I reckon we should start scoring more than the opposition too, can't believe no one has thought of that either!

You are picking up on part of my initial post that I had to clarify to 1 numpty and expect me to bother explaining to another!

"Manchester City are prepared to play hardball with unsettled England stars James Milner and Micah Richards and force them to stay until the end of their contracts.

The pair have 12 months left on their deals and want to leave because of a lack of first-team action, sparking interest from Arsenal and Liverpool.

But City are reluctant to sell as they struggle to meet their homegrown player requirements under new financial fair-play rules."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2638409/Manchester-City-force-James-Milner-Micah-Richards-seeing-contracts.html

:thumbsdown:

"Manchester City are prepared to play hardball with unsettled England stars James Milner and Micah Richards and force them to stay until the end of their contracts.

The pair have 12 months left on their deals and want to leave because of a lack of first-team action, sparking interest from Arsenal and Liverpool.

But City are reluctant to sell as they struggle to meet their homegrown player requirements under new financial fair-play rules."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2638409/Manchester-City-force-James-Milner-Micah-Richards-seeing-contracts.html

:thumbsdown:

Milner made 45 appearances last season. Richards 10. Not sure there's much more to the story than trying to bump any fee up. Could be a positive.

Who's paying 8 million for him? Be lucky to get half that.

If he's on £70k a week there's a notional value of £3.5m left on his contract.

I can see any fee being close to this figure.

20% being not quite enough to fit out the kitchens in the new stand ...

Edited by opinions4u

Who's paying 8 million for him? Be lucky to get half that.

I dunno, he's proven Premier League defender, 25 years old and English at that.

If he's available for £4mil there will be a LOT of interest in him and a bidding war could ensue.

Can't see him going for much cheaper than £8mil tbh.

Edited by PlayItLivo

I dunno, he's proven Premier League defender, 25 years old and a English at that.

If he's available for £4mil there will be a LOT of interest in him and a bidding war could ensue.

Can't see him going for much cheaper than £8mil tbh.

The fact that he is English will put a few million on the price tag.

The fact he's out of contract in 12 months will take them back off.

Clubs who are interested won't want him to run out of contract though as their will be more competition for his signature and they will likely miss out. They would rather secure him now for a cut down fee and let's be honest when the likes of Luke Shaw are being touted for £25mil +, anything between £8mil-£12mil can be considered pretty cut down, especially in comparison to what Richards has been previously estimated to be worth.

I dont get this bidding war theory in football. Its not like an auction where highest bid wins. There will be an acceptable price that city have. Whoever meets it, gets to speak to the player.

The only "bidding war" is between the clubs that match that fee and get to offer Richards terms.

If he's on £70k a week there's a notional value of £3.5m left on his contract.

I can see any fee being close to this figure.

20% being not quite enough to fit out the kitchens in the new stand ...

Can't he buy that out himself and sign as a free agent? That would piss on our chips.

Can't he buy that out himself and sign as a free agent? That would piss on our chips.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_ruling

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/how-to-buy-out-your-football-728964

"Players must give notice that they plan to use Article 17 within 15 days of the final league game of the season."

Edited by opinions4u

Boyata has signed a two year deal with City, not sure why as he has barely played for them in 5 seasons. Hope Micah doesn't follow suit.

You're not sure why?

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ x973626299532)26110£7331 + 7

Been told that it is a strong possibility that we took this.

No, they denied taking the offer at the time, and SC has referred to the windfall on several occasions, and doesn't count on it until it happens.