Fa Cup first round draw 27/10/2013

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the lowest ranked sides left, away. Gives us a better chance of progressing and a decent chance of being on telly. From a personal point Marske United away would be good.

Marske was where Peter Beagrie started out, if drawn there it's a certainty for Sky TV coverage.

To be fair for us to get on TV we need a real low Non Leage side.

You can Garuntee ITV want a tie that will invovle Sheff United, Coventry, Pompey or Wolves as there first picks.

Surely we've got some lasting fame from last season? The narrative might be "giantkillers might get giantkilled in non-league mud bath".

Cambridge top of the conference and 15 unbeaten home to any league side especially league 1 might get on tv as chance of an upset

See romance the like Bradford PA getting on TV would love to see them draw Bradford City

Another trip I wouldn't mind is Wimbledon or even Pompey away great day out

I wouldn't mind Wimbledon actually, not played the re-formed AFC yet.

Hyde unlikely to get through - tough draw in the 4QR:

Northern Section:
Macclesfield Town v Vauxhall Motors
Stamford v Hednesford or West Auckland
Grimsby Town v Rushall Olympic
Worcester City or Rugby Town v Lincoln City
Bradford Park Avenue v Kidderminster Harriers
Wrexham v Hyde
Workington v Stourbridge
Southport v Marske United
Colwyn Bay v Corby Town
Tamworth v Solihull Moors
Nuneaton Town v FC Halifax Town
North Ferriby United v Alfreton Town
Brackley Town v Barrow
Chester v Gateshead
Southern Section:
Hemel Hempstead Town v Sutton United
AFC Hornchurch v Hereford United
Ebbsfleet United v Dartford
Barnet v Concord Rangers
Chatham Town v St Albans City
Dover Athletic v Oxford City
Boreham Wood v Heybridge Swifts
Bath City v Salisbury City
Yate or Gloucester City v Hampton & Richmond Boro
Weymouth v Braintree Town
Forest Green Rovers v Bishop Stortford
Needham Market v Cambridge United
Biggleswade Town v Canvey Island
Shortwood United v Aldershot Town
Woking v Luton Town
Brislington v Welling United
Hartney Witney or Clevedon Town v Grays Athletic or Daventry Town
Staines Town v Poole Town

Lowest non league teams, or any the above.

Dartford have a very smart ground.

theres a few local derbies in small town possible from that lot.

At a a glance

Canvey Island/Concord Rangers. Canvery Island

Forest Green Rovers/Shortwood Utd. Nailsworth.

Dartford/Welling. 5 miles apart

stamford will be hoping for PEterborough I am sure, if they get through.

Concord Rangers sound awesome....

Have you seen the size of the caravan park where they play? If we play them on TV on the Friday, it'll easily beat the King's Lynn dark park experience for danger. Plus there's the attractive oil terminal next door by way of scenery.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=51.5125313,0.5754461&t=h&hl=en

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Ferriby and Hednesford are looking for back to back promotions to get into the Conference, their tails are up - so to speak, word has it that Ferriby a buying their way through the leagues - I'm not too sure, good luck to them if it gets them to where they want to be. Stamford are having a nightmare in the NLP and although they've got this far and deserve their shot, I can't see them beating Hednesford (sorry W.Auckland, you aren't going any further). As I've said before, Rushall are a difficult team to break down, very disciplined and the Ahmed Obeng and Adebola partnership has been very effective so far in the NLP.

Ferriby and Hednesford are looking for back to back promotions to get into the Conference, their tails are up - so to speak, word has it that Ferriby a buying their way through the leagues - I'm not too sure, good luck to them if it gets them to where they want to be. Stamford are having a nightmare in the NLP and although they've got this far and deserve their shot, I can't see them beating Hednesford (sorry W.Auckland, you aren't going any further). As I've said before, Rushall are a difficult team to break down, very disciplined and the Ahmed Obeng and Adebola partnership has been very effective so far in the NLP.

That's some non-league knowledge.

I couldn't make Peterborough away so I went to watch Stalybridge instead, they were playing Hednesford who have some of the best fans I've seen. Non stop singing and there were quite a lot of them, class.

Lowest non league teams, or any the above.

Dartford have a very smart ground.

theres a few local derbies in small town possible from that lot.

At a a glance

Canvey Island/Concord Rangers. Canvery Island

Forest Green Rovers/Shortwood Utd. Nailsworth.

Dartford/Welling. 5 miles apart

stamford will be hoping for PEterborough I am sure, if they get through.

Dartford already got a derby this round with Ebbsfleet United although like Dover the other year reckon they love Gillingham.

Marske was where Peter Beagrie started out, if drawn there it's a certainty for Sky TV coverage.

I'd imagine if drawn there it will be switched to another ground (at Billingham Synthonia maybe). West Auckland however, would certainly (first European champions and all that) be on telly and can hold games at theirs.

Unlikely to matter as neither are very likely to progress.

Blimey, nearly thirteen years since Latics played at Hednesford. Seems like yesterday, with Tipton going mental when scoring the fourth goal at the end.

http://www.11v11.com/matches/hednesford-town-v-oldham-athletic-18-november-2000-2979/

Good day out, the guy who nicked the corner flag, set upon by a gaggle and stewards and yet the cigarette in his gob was undisturbed. A proper cup-tie, and Dissa bagging for them. Will have to dig the goals out some time….

Edited by oafcprozac