Tarkowski

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do latics fans think 500k is a decent amount if we do sell him to a championship club we should be quoting 1.5m + add ons if there is any truth that premiership clubs are interested double that 3m should be the starting point if it's a utd liverpool type then 5m . Other teams ask for and get big fees didn't Crewe get 6 million off utd for one of there players a couple of seasons ago . He is a good player but still a young lad who could probably quite easily play in the championship now and with more experience the premiership isn't out of his reach

All very noble, but start asking for silly money and clubs will just move on to another target, no shortage of good young players knocking about.

I've been critical of Tarky's concentration levels and pace in the past. They were the things that I thought would stop him becoming a top player.

His composure on the ball and ability to read the game, even as a youth, have always been impressive.

While I credit Dickov with giving Tarky a chance when others were injured, both Philliskirk and Johnson have been brave selecting him ahead of a seasoned professional in Cliff Byrne.

And Tarky has taken that chance. He's sharper and faster than he was and rarely drops a clanger. If he does, he's smart enough to recover. His distribution is excellent whereas last season it was mixed.

His progress as a player over the last nine months has been exceptional. I can't think of any lower league player I've ever seen come on in the way this lad has over such a short time. While Johnson deserves a lot of the credit the lad himself has listened, learned and progressed. He's a joy to watch.

You can't compare any potential transfer fee with Baxter because of the buy-out clause in Jose's contract. But talk of £500k is selling ourselves short.

If we have to sell, and I assume we will, I don't think a figure in the region of £2m is unreasonable. Possibly more.

I know this is Latics. I know that we seem to get the rough end of transfer fees. But Tarkowski is an absolute gem. I think he could cut it in the top flight. While we shouldn't stand in his way if the opportunity arises our club has invested a lot in him. He's worthy of a top fee.

Edited by opinions4u

All very noble, but start asking for silly money and clubs will just move on to another target, no shortage of good young players knocking about.

good if clubs move on do we really want to sell him unless it's a good deal for us

He has Premier League class. He should be looking for a move there. Forget the Championship. His rise since last season, probably aided by JYM's departure, has been superb. I was his biggest critic, but he's made me look a right :censored: this season. Quicker, stronger and oozes class on the ball...

I've been critical of Tarky's concentration levels and pace in the past. They were the things that I thought would stop him becoming a top player.

His composure on the ball and ability to read the game, even as a youth, have always been impressive.

While I credit Dickov with giving Tarky a chance when others were injured, both Philliskirk and Johnson have been brave selecting him ahead of a seasoned professional in Cliff Byrne.

And Tarky has taken that chance. He's sharper and faster than he was and rarely drops a clanger. If he does, he's smart enough to recover. His distribution is excellent whereas last season it was mixed.

His progress as a player over the last nine months has been exceptional. I can't think of any lower league player I've ever seen come on in the way this lad has over such a short time. While Johnson deserves a lot of the credit the lad himself has listened, learned and progressed. He's a joy to watch.

You can't compare any potential transfer fee with Baxter because of the buy-out clause in Jose's contract. But talk of £500k is selling ourselves short.

If we have to sell, and I assume we will, I don't think a figure in the region of £2m is unreasonable. Possibly more.

I know this is Latics. I know that we seem to get the rough end of transfer fees. But Tarkowski is an absolute gem. I think he could cut it in the top flight. While we shouldn't stand in his way if the opportunity arises our club has invested a lot in him. He's worthy of a top fee.

If he signs for a leading Premiership club Hodgson will be asking who is this Tarkowski ?..promptly followed by an England call up, a Manchester United shirt is usually a guarantee.

Although exactly the same player there's no chance of this while at the Latics, indeed some may ask why would England rather play Premiership reserve players than check outside the top flight ?

If he signs for a leading Premiership club Hodgson will be asking who is this Tarkowski ?..promptly followed by an England call up, a Manchester United shirt is usually a guarantee.

Although exactly the same player there's no chance of this while at the Latics, indeed some may ask why would England rather play Premiership reserve players than check outside the top flight ?

Any decent player who can play for another country tends to get picked as a proactive measure too. Although I can't see Tarky playing for England...

yet

With 18 months left on his contract, any sale in January should bring us in excess of a million up front.

Understandably, most of this would go towards the new North Stand but, I'd expect LJ could use a couple of hundred grand wisely on bolstering the starting eleven.

Edited by JohnnyPimp

According to the rarely....could be on his way to Liverpool in January with Sama coming here in exchange....

In the M.E.N.

Johnson warned that his side must not take their eye of the ball ahead of their Anfield date.

He also joked about his friendship with Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers.

"I get a lot more out of the relationship than he does," he said.

"It's like a supermodel going out with Danny DeVito (CORR)."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oldham-athletics-lee-johnson-hopes-6437106

Craig Dawson went to WBA for £1m.

Tarky is probably as important to us as Dawson was for Dale, so whilst I don't think we'll get £1m, clubs will pay that amount for a young lower league defender.

Mind you, Swindon sold Matt Ritchie for £500k and we sold Jose Baxter for £130k and they're both similar players.

He has Premier League class. He should be looking for a move there. Forget the Championship. His rise since last season, probably aided by JYM's departure, has been superb. I was his biggest critic, but he's made me look a right :censored: this season. Quicker, stronger and oozes class on the ball...

You know paddy, I love your outspokenness with regards to our players, but I also love how your mature enough to hold your hands up too when you've got egg on your face.

Nice one

...and you know what, i saw Tarky for the 1st time playing for Dux in a reserve game at Stalybridge's Bower Field ground. Wrexham i think?

He was fecking awful playing RB 1st half, then CB 2nd half.

I said to my Dad that i didnt think he'd make it. Same game, came away singing the praises of Chris Rowney, who played CM that game.

Just goes to show, clearly, i can't pick a player...

Anyone who thinks we would get £1m+ for Tarky needs a reality check. A very good L1 defender, but everyone knows we're skint - and unfortunately our track record for selling off talent quickly and cheaply will count against us here.

Rightly or wrongly, I can't see us turning down a bid of £600-800k should such a bid materialise.

Feck me, I've just choked on my coffee!

The Sun on Sunday reckons Rodgers Snr is to bid £2MILLION PLUS 1 LIVERPOOL PLAYER for Tarkowski...starting a bidding frenzy amongst clubs....

December 22nd 2013...the world has officially gone mad!