North Stand Construction Thread

Not sure if already mentioned... I heard today that talks about a potential medical facility being housed in the new stand have taken place. It will be run by the hospital and the club will have use of it as/when needed but it will also act as a facility for other sports clubs in the area to use.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that was confirmed by Neil Joy at the open day but he wouldn't give us any further detail at the time.......apparently it was one of the major reasons for structural changes due to having the reinforce the flooring for the medical equipment going in the there

Yeah that was confirmed by Neil Joy at the open day but he wouldn't give us any further detail at the time.......apparently it was one of the major reasons for structural changes due to having the reinforce the flooring for the medical equipment going in the there

X-ray / radiology unit I heard.

Does anyone know about pedestrian access from Furtherwood Road from the back Chaddy End to the North Stand? I looked around at the last game but couldn't see a path. There is a new partial housing development and cleared site where Clayton Arms used to be, but the area is fenced off and there doesn't seem any way to access the car park and North Stand. I suppose you have to walk along the muddy path towards Little Wembley and then turn right into the car park, or all the way round the back of RRE.

There's no access whatsoever from those new houses. Anyone coming up from Claytons/Rifle range etc towards the new stand will have to walk right around the ground to it. Well that's until the phase of houses that will be going onto where little wembley/car park gets built in which case there'll probably be access through to where the main entrance to the car park is now/Downham Close.

Does anyone know about pedestrian access from Furtherwood Road from the back Chaddy End to the North Stand? I looked around at the last game but couldn't see a path. There is a new partial housing development and cleared site where Clayton Arms used to be, but the area is fenced off and there doesn't seem any way to access the car park and North Stand. I suppose you have to walk along the muddy path towards Little Wembley and then turn right into the car park, or all the way round the back of RRE.

Was thinking this when I was eating my free hot dog at the open evening, whilst sat in the dug out looking at the Chaddy. Wonder if the turnstiles on sheepfoot lane and broadway side will both be in use for away fans. Clayton green to the turnstiles up round via the RRE? Which sections of seats will small away followings be in seeing as the bar is on sheepfoot side? Will they even get a H/T bar?

Which got me thinking about the 1895 suite. What if a few hundred away fans tip up at mid day and all head for here? Will there be an away fan limit?

All very interesting at the time.

I was blocked too . never tweeted him and have nothing but respect for a fellow fan and stand builder .

funny old world

Same with me, have had few tweets between us always decent conversation but now cannot view any of his tweets??

That's really positive news and effectively means we have an extra £90k? of income already more than last season. Before we take into consideration any extra season ticket sales.

The company that my other half works for has already booked for a sales/ marketing function early September and I believe using facilities in Oldham is new to them. Well done to the those involved at the Club

Looks like he's changed something in his settings for everyone. Having previously been able to see his Tweets (without even logging in to Twitter), I now get this;

@pauloaafc's Tweets are protected.

Only confirmed followers have access to @pauloaafc's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

The @pauloaafc account is my personal account. Unfortunately following a couple of recent events I've had to make it private.

I did put up the following tweet before making my account private.

Any future updates regarding the New North Stand will come from @HolroyDevLTD or @OfficialOAFC so please give them a follow!! Thanks!

I will keep putting pictures up on the Holroy account to keep you informed of progress and I know the club will retweet them.

Wouldn't make a lot of sense as new suites for X Ray are pretty new and ICC has more. New Physio / Rehab would make sense as housed in the old sheds/portakabin within hospital and must be next section to be redeveloped? Run a lot of sessions and parking horrendous from experience. Although reinforcements suggests heavier equipment.

Might well be, I've heard it from the hospital end rather than the club. From the brief description I was given it sounded like it was a radiology unit aimed at us and other sports clubs etc. nothing mentioned regarding public use but I was only given brief details and I'm not sure how that would work with the hospital running it.

The @pauloaafc account is my personal account. Unfortunately following a couple of recent events I've had to make it private.

I did put up the following tweet before making my account private.

paul whitehead ‏@pauloaafc

Any future updates regarding the New North Stand will come from @HolroyDevLTD or @OfficialOAFC so please give them a follow!! Thanks!

I will keep putting pictures up on the Holroy account to keep you informed of progress and I know the club will retweet them.

Cheers. Looking amazing. Cant wait to park on a proper car park and take my seat in the new stand. Good work.

Might well be, I've heard it from the hospital end rather than the club. From the brief description I was given it sounded like it was a radiology unit aimed at us and other sports clubs etc. nothing mentioned regarding public use but I was only given brief details and I'm not sure how that would work with the hospital running it.

I would think it would be a similar set up to any Radiology units based in private hospitals, if the NHS has a backlog then they can see NHS patients but there is some money or other trade that changes hands?

Only guessing like.

Panoramic tour now available online,, works best on a tablet, http://imgrl.imagereelclients.co.uk/panoramas/OafcFullTour/Index.html

Click on the areas button at the bottom to load other camera positions and take a tour - enjoy!

That is very nice! Do you know where the 'imprint' badge panels will be on that, or am I missing something?

Archived