North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we really need to look into a scheme on a pay what you can basis an try and attract an extra 3 to 400 in the rre.

we can also offset this with the extra revenue we'd be pulling in from the new stand.

also we should see an increase in attendances on those cold tues nite games with the new stands facilities

How would that work with the people who have paid full price for season tickets?

I've paid full price an would I mind if the chap next to me has paid half, not really if he's made the effort to come.

maybe we could do a members book for people on low income who would still like to go.

to be honest super blue I'm not sure but there must be a way

How would that work with the people who have paid full price for season tickets?

Couldn't give a toss. Stood at a metrolink stop today (waiting to pick someone up obviously, wouldn't consider travelling on such proletarian transport myself) and noticed that some theatre production was on offer at 12 quid for citizens of Greater Manchester on a low wage. If they have some way of working it out I'm sure OAFC could. Don't know why they were advertising such a thing in Lancashire though.

Couldn't give a toss. Stood at a metrolink stop today (waiting to pick someone up obviously, wouldn't consider travelling on such proletarian transport myself) and noticed that some theatre production was on offer at 12 quid for citizens of Greater Manchester on a low wage. If they have some way of working it out I'm sure OAFC could.

Concessions for the unwaged could be sorted out with simply presenting proof of identification and receipt of jobseekers allowance via the ticket office. This is already being done at other football clubs.

we really need to look into a scheme on a pay what you can basis an try and attract an extra 3 to 400 in the rre.

we can also offset this with the extra revenue we'd be pulling in from the new stand.

also we should see an increase in attendances on those cold tues nite games with the new stands facilities

Not sure what difference an extra 3-400 will make to anything but they can increase the crowd at any time by reducing the ticket price, had a great chance to do just that this time but they chose not to.

For a one off game promotion then fine,

maybe one home game every 2 months (4 per season) we could do this for the RRE or the main stand but no more than that. You have to firstly make money from match days and secondly you have to be fair to those who have paid full whack for a season ticket.

But you have to reach out to those who can't afford a season ticket and paying £20 a game or families who have to pay for kids aswell is an expensive day out.

It's about striking a balance.

Letting the unemployed in for a fiver is something I would like to see.

I've been there myself and £22 from £65 job seekers is not an option.

Agreed. Im amazed some ivory tower twonk has not yet exploded with rage at such a suggestion.

Agreed. Im amazed some ivory tower twonk has not yet exploded with rage at such a suggestion.

Providing it's easy and non money draining to police, I think this should be implemented. You'll always get some people wanting to scam it but the benefits to those hitting hard times through loss of work for out weigh the dregs.

Anything that can be done to expand the customer base should be done by the club, they need to get the hooks into the kids early through free tickets in schools with reduced priced tickets for accompanying adult, cheaper tickets for the unwaged is an excellent idea too. Just expecting the regular punters to rock up each week is having diminishing returns for the club and they need to start thinking creatively.

There are about 200 executive seats in the new stand that will need aggressive marketing to fill and raise revenue but the average everyday joe who gets hooked on Latics early is the lifeblood of the club today, tomorrow and the future. Most blokes bring their kids up to be Latics fans too so you are looking at generations of revenue that is so easily lost if a kid turns to Utd or City. Same for the thousands of people that football has priced out of the game due to stupid player wages, I enjoy not being cramped into my seat like sardines but you can't beat a good atmosphere at Latics when the crowd gets behind the team and it feels like the players, management, owners and fans are pulling in the same direction. A football club should be at the heart of the community and not just for those who can afford it.

Anything that can be done to expand the customer base should be done by the club, they need to get the hooks into the kids early through free tickets in schools with reduced priced tickets for accompanying adult, cheaper tickets for the unwaged is an excellent idea too. Just expecting the regular punters to rock up each week is having diminishing returns for the club and they need to start thinking creatively.

There are about 200 executive seats in the new stand that will need aggressive marketing to fill and raise revenue but the average everyday joe who gets hooked on Latics early is the lifeblood of the club today, tomorrow and the future. Most blokes bring their kids up to be Latics fans too so you are looking at generations of revenue that is so easily lost if a kid turns to Utd or City. Same for the thousands of people that football has priced out of the game due to stupid player wages, I enjoy not being cramped into my seat like sardines but you can't beat a good atmosphere at Latics when the crowd gets behind the team and it feels like the players, management, owners and fans are pulling in the same direction. A football club should be at the heart of the community and not just for those who can afford it.

Beautiful.

Beag is spot on. That family section of the RRE should be absolutely rammed every week next season, they should be having to make it bigger.

Free tickets, lure them in with Xbox or whatever else, just get the kids into BP and it's likely they'll end up Oldham Athletic supporters.

There's should not be a single person objecting to letting kids in for free - maybe in 10 years time we'll have another 1000 fans because of it.

I've always argued it's mad not to let kids in free. Maybe it's due to a short term approach but maybe if we'd done it 11 years ago there'd be a few hundred or more paying each week today.

I think most if not all would support cheaper tickets for the unemployed. I remember Middlesbrough did, and maybe still do a whole range of things like that. It would leave a bad taste if and when people who can afford to pay take advantage though.

There's should not be a single person objecting to letting kids in for free - maybe in 10 years time we'll have another 1000 fans because of it.

Mmmmm really? we are all complaining about cheap appointments going nowhere not a strong enough team, yet we are all so keen to drop the ticket prices.

400 kids in for free = £0

300 kids paying £5 = £1500 that's a players wages for the week.

I'm all for promotions don't get me wrong and we have to make it affordable particularly families. But if we want a competitive team out on the pitch then we have to make money on match days. We let everyone in on the cheap every week then expect to see it reflected in the strength of the team we put out on the pitch.

Mmmmm really? we are all complaining about cheap appointments going nowhere not a strong enough team, yet we are all so keen to drop the ticket prices.

400 kids in for free = £0

300 kids paying £5 = £1500 that's a players wages for the week.

I'm all for promotions don't get me wrong and we have to make it affordable particularly families. But if we want a competitive team out on the pitch then we have to make money on match days. We let everyone in on the cheap every week then expect to see it reflected in the strength of the team we put out on the pitch.

You know it's not that simple. Extra food, drink, parents paying full whack etc.

I don't know how 'everyone' is under 16s. There's a chronic lack of them at games, and it's glaringly obvious. And it will be even more obvious when home crowds dip below 3000 on a regular basis

Sometimes you just have to sacrifice certain amounts of revenue for the greater good, and it's not that much anyway

Archived