North Stand Construction Thread

We had a six figure bill to be paid in order for the electricity company to make the connection this was the delay. We have paid it but that came at the expense of the tarmacing bill which, as been put back a week

Work continuing today on levelling and defining the layout of the car park, now extended into more of the area in use for parking last Saturday.

20719227838_fac6abc6e7_b.jpg

20907184255_1e27d3d5cf_b.jpg

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't take pride in being the news breaker. I've said on many occasions I want the stand complete as quickly as possible because we need the stand to move forward as a club. The only thing I take pride in is the people who call me a liar or say I'm speaking nonsense and it turns out to be right.

People want to know what is causing the delays and you are telling them. Why do they have a problem with this?

People want to know what is causing the delays and you are telling them. Why do they have a problem with this?

Sadly in the World of social media there seems to be an element and competition of some fans always wanting to be in the know first or always wanting to be correct. Thats not just about the stand but Latics related stuff in general.

Agree with the above, my advice to the source would be, rather than speak to savage update our ticket office as they dont seem to have a clue about much whats going on and as they are point of contact for the majority it may be an idea to keep them in the loop, the fact we find out most of our info on here third hand is a joke in itself.

Agree with the above, my advice to the source would be, rather than speak to savage update our ticket office as they dont seem to have a clue about much whats going on and as they are point of contact for the majority it may be an idea to keep them in the loop, the fact we find out most of our info on here third hand is a joke in itself.

We couldn't handle the truth.

We couldn't handle the truth.

Having bought my season ticket in there if someone from the club had it in them to be straight with me I would find that easier to accept, all that was required was a statement from the club claryfying the situation rather than an endless amount of speculation, if it opens three months into the season because the playing budget hasnt been compromised I dont have a single problem with that, similarly if its being done as and when funds are there I dont have an issue with that, its just the way these things are handled by the club. Its as if they are in their own little bubble with no real understanding of the market they are in. Its just one of an endless amount of balls ups that could of been handled better.

Having bought my season ticket in there if someone from the club had it in them to be straight with me I would find that easier to accept, all that was required was a statement from the club claryfying the situation rather than an endless amount of speculation, if it opens three months into the season because the playing budget hasnt been compromised I dont have a single problem with that, similarly if its being done as and when funds are there I dont have an issue with that, its just the way these things are handled by the club. Its as if they are in their own little bubble with no real understanding of the market they are in. Its just one of an endless amount of balls ups that could of been handled better.

I don't disagree, not sure others would have been so understanding given what we know now though.

But they did put out a statement saying the electricity installation had been delayed and the stand wouldn't be open for the start of the season. They have followed that up with another one about the Bradford and Peterborough games.

The endless speculation is generated on OWTB.

But they did put out a statement saying the electricity installation had been delayed and the stand wouldn't be open for the start of the season. They have followed that up with another one about the Bradford and Peterborough games.

See what you did there. More than is being generated in the new stand...

i'd like to speculate that we can't find enough ten pence pieces for the meter. Get the buckets out.

No mention of any potential delays when they were taking season ticket/box money.

I dont speculate about the new stand but I did understand many years ago how utterly incompetent OAFC are as a business and as soon as they got involved in project management it was pretty obvious how those failings would come to light. Empty promises were forthcoming and ignored by a lot of fans who knew better.

The people that I really have sympathy for are the good people who put their hands in their pockets and assisted with cash flow (as requested every season for season tickets) especially in the new stand. Those fans who paid double to join the 100 club and any who paid for a box have been especially shafted!

They have a right to complain! Any complaints to the club will fall as usual on deaf ears, we are the last remaining guaranteed supporters and OAFC know it!

We are rather insular to think that speculation is generated by OWTB. The speculation is generated by the 1500 who have purchased season tickets in good faith having been told the stand would be ready.

Some of us could see that it would not be ready and were derided for saying so. It isn't however just that there was too much to do for the number of workmen we could see, it is also because there have been cash flow problems.

I would still have purchased a season ticket in the ageing North Stand had I been told it would be ready for Christmas but would have expected some sort of permanent arrangement, like issuing a temporary season ticket elsewhere. What I don't like is the dissembling and inconvenience that I am being subjected to.

Work continuing today on levelling and defining the layout of the car park, now extended into more of the area in use for parking last Saturday.

20719227838_fac6abc6e7_b.jpg

20907184255_1e27d3d5cf_b.jpg

Did anyone get a video of the bloke running across the car park waving his arms shouting "STOP! Stop what you're doing - Kelly's injured!" :grin:

Having bought my season ticket in there if someone from the club had it in them to be straight with me I would find that easier to accept, all that was required was a statement from the club claryfying the situation

Statements like the ones they've been putting out or different kinds of statements?

The people that I really have sympathy for are the good people who put their hands in their pockets and assisted with cash flow (as requested every season for season tickets) especially in the new stand.

I'm one of them and, thanks but no thanks, you don't need to have sympathy for me. I'll live.

When everyone bought season tickets for seats that didn't yet exist, did you not think that there was a chance they wouldn't be ready for the start of the season?

I assumed they would be ready. I'm mildly disappointed but not overly surprised that they're not.

I'm more bothered by the fact that (whether the clubs fault or not) less dependable supporters than me (and potential supporters) are viewing us as a joke yet again.

Would it have stopped you buying a season ticket if you knew there were going to be a few games delay?

I haven't bought one for years so not personally affected but if they had said in the summer they didn't expect it to be finished until October/November most people would have understood even it is a little naughty, boxes and the like should not have gone on sale though.

I haven't bought one for years so not personally affected but if they had said in the summer they didn't expect it to be finished until October/November most people would have understood even it is a little naughty, boxes and the like should not have gone on sale though.

So what if, at that time, they did expect it to be finished for the start of the season or thereabouts?

Archived