North Stand Construction Thread

I believe the club cant afford to upgrade the turnstiles in the chaddy end (main stand side) because they're 3k each.

If you are hearing they are short of brass it's probably true.

They must have diverted the money to redo the foundations that you told everyone about.

How is that foundation problem going BTW?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Diego but about 12 months ago I queried any lease cuurently existing and never received any information that one actually existed!

I am not being pedantic but wont believe that we currently have a lease until there is third party proof. By the way thanks for all your picture updates!

It was only in April that the same conversation was had. See post 2487 of this very thread:

'Cheers Diego - i've checked the land registry and OAFC 2004 Ltd owns the leasehold on the ground (but seemingly not all the car park as I think some have said previously). The lease is from 2011 to 2031 but was only registered with the land registry in Jan. Although the actual stand is not on the plans, it does quite clearly indicate that the lease would encompass the land that it sits on.

This would indicate that any other operation would have to sub-lease from Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd (if at all leasing, it may just have the right to operate within the building rather than having exclusive use which a lease would imply).'

All hands hard at work this morning. Four (hands) fixing strips round windows and two (hands) kicking their heels in the car park but we do have a turnstile at the RRE end of the ageing North Stand.

Always glad to hear of progress, but that turnstile was installed as long ago as 15th August.

20607608061_8e8afe55b1.jpg

'Ready for Middlesbrough' :laught30:

Seriously if some of the box holders take Latics to court we'll be in a right pickle.

You seem to find the prospect of the club in court amusing?

In reality I'm sure that will have been no concrete guarantees of opening, and highly likely that box rental will be eventually charged this season on a pro rata basis

Any lives lost so far as a result of the delay ? No I didn't think so

You seem to find the prospect of the club in court amusing?

In reality I'm sure that will have been no concrete guarantees of opening, and highly likely that box rental will be eventually charged this season on a pro rata basis

Any lives lost so far as a result of the delay ? No I didn't think so

If you or I had paid 16k for a box under the impression I can use it from the get-go I'm sure we would be annoyed?

I find it completely unprofessional and embarrassing that they sold season tickets, boxes etc. when they had a 50/50 chance it would be open!? We now know that it's looking like it's going to be November before it opens.

How you continue to defend how the club have gone about with this absolute amateur hour of a job amuses me.

There is a new mcdonalds opening on ashton moss, sign says open october 2015 and litrally there is no building there at all. wonder if thays built and open before we finish the stand

I suspect McDonalds cash reserves are a tad bigger than Latics.

I also suspect the simple design of a typical McDonalds has been practiced before.

I suspect McDonalds cash reserves are a tad bigger than Latics.

I also suspect the simple design of a typical McDonalds has been practiced before.

this i dont doubt. just be intresting to see i they can get the whole thing built and open on time before we finish off what little is left to do thats all

I'm sure I heard that they can throw up a new McDonalds in about 72 hours as they are prefabricated and a standard repeatable design.

Judging my the nation's pavements on a Sunday morning a Mcdonalds can be thrown up a lot quicker than that

Archived