North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be wrong but I think Owen mentioned something on Monday about August 15 being the original connection date.

That could be the first firm date they got, who knows. I'm not saying that there hasn't been, possibly major, errors made but we all know that the club are in pretty uncharted waters and expert help is usually pretty expensive, although often worth it. I just don't see any sort of upside for the club to intentionally deceive the fans over the stand dates.

Yes, there is getting the season ticket money in, but relatively few people have bought for the new stand who would not have bought at all and certainly from the exec boxes side, it seemed like there was enough interest to say that the date would be October or whenever, if they knew at the time.

Would be interesting to know what contact has been made to the 100 club but more so the box holders, what they've said and what compensation they'll be getting, if any.

Maybe I should have bought a box, to require such information.

Would be interesting to know what contact has been made to the 100 club but more so the box holders, what they've said and what compensation they'll be getting, if any.

Maybe I should have bought a box, to require such information.

That 100 club thing has been relocated to the directors box and get free food I think

We upgraded our STs from the main stand that we had last year and took 4 tickets for the 100 Club at £2,700, so a big, big commitment for us. We've been temporarily re-housed back in the main stand upper in the middle block - not the worst view despite the pillars, and we get sandwiches/pies before the match and at half time thrown in. When we first got notified about the delay I complained, and the club agreed to throw in free parking for the season (obviously not yet available) as well as free entry to the Middlesbrough game (wish they hadn't....) So they're reacting as best they can to 100 Club in my view. I thought about issuing proceedings for breach of contract, but then the free pie offer won me over. Of course we're strapped for cash, and of course everyone's pee'd off - but Keep the Faith boys......

As slow as the club have been to release statements on this one I come to the conclusion that it's ENWL fault for being absolutely :censored: in keeping appointments (that's after it being a ball ache to get them to make one in the first place).

With respect to the poster who has said it was to do with a payment issue, and he has been spot on with other goings on to be fair, I'm not buying that at all.

Now I don't know the exact goings on at Latics but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt on this one. Considering we've been signing players I find it hard to believe we had no money for the original connection. That and having worked recently for 3 years in a housing company I know first hand how :censored: ENWL are for connections and the like. If anything we should consider ourselves lucky they are returning so soon to do it. No doubt I'm sure to do with the relatively high profile nature of the job than anything else.

Again club could be better in communication but on this one I know who I'm blaming. (*mini rant over*) ha

We upgraded our STs from the main stand that we had last year and took 4 tickets for the 100 Club at £2,700, so a big, big commitment for us. We've been temporarily re-housed back in the main stand upper in the middle block - not the worst view despite the pillars, and we get sandwiches/pies before the match and at half time thrown in. When we first got notified about the delay I complained, and the club agreed to throw in free parking for the season (obviously not yet available) as well as free entry to the Middlesbrough game (wish they hadn't....) So they're reacting as best they can to 100 Club in my view. I thought about issuing proceedings for breach of contract, but then the free pie offer won me over. Of course we're strapped for cash, and of course everyone's pee'd off - but Keep the Faith boys......

Sensible post and reaction, cheers for info... reckon there's more likeminded people like you or reckon a few have issued proceedings for breech of contract?

There are quite a few people in the free pie queue at half time but not 100 (and the 100 Club was fully sold) so I guess not everyone is sat with us. I don't know about the Box holders though. They were £13k for a season so you'd be a bit grumpy if you were just being offered a free pie instead for missing a quarter of the games in your shiny new box........ I'd be happy just to see a few goals from any seat, having been to Walsall and Colchester! Hasn't stopped me buying ticks for Bury!!

As slow as the club have been to release statements on this one I come to the conclusion that it's ENWL fault for being absolutely :censored: in keeping appointments (that's after it being a ball ache to get them to make one in the first place).

With respect to the poster who has said it was to do with a payment issue, and he has been spot on with other goings on to be fair, I'm not buying that at all.

Now I don't know the exact goings on at Latics but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt on this one. Considering we've been signing players I find it hard to believe we had no money for the original connection. That and having worked recently for 3 years in a housing company I know first hand how :censored: ENWL are for connections and the like. If anything we should consider ourselves lucky they are returning so soon to do it. No doubt I'm sure to do with the relatively high profile nature of the job than anything else.

Again club could be better in communication but on this one I know who I'm blaming. (*mini rant over*) ha

I tend to agree with this too. ENW are notorious. I contacted them and got a rubbish reply. Then a more apologetic one, but not passing the blame at all. I don't buy the lack of money either.

What is much more likely could have happened, was that the order was palced to late. But that would have given ENW the opportuinity to hint that, and the club would enever have made the statement firmly placing the blame.

What are the odds it was an ENW decison, very, very short I'd say. Pretty obvious really.

There are quite a few people in the free pie queue at half time but not 100 (and the 100 Club was fully sold) so I guess not everyone is sat with us. I don't know about the Box holders though. They were £13k for a season so you'd be a bit grumpy if you were just being offered a free pie instead for missing a quarter of the games in your shiny new box........ I'd be happy just to see a few goals from any seat, having been to Walsall and Colchester! Hasn't stopped me buying ticks for Bury!!

Surely the cost of the boxes will be pro-rata'd once they're finally ready....?

I bought a season ticket for the 100 club,was relocated to the executive box but ,due to lack of leg room cannot sit in there(I haven't sat in the main stand in over 40 years because of past experiences). For the past two matches I have been sat in the RRE, the only extra I have received is a programme which was included as part of the deal.No food, no offer of anything else. Rapidly becoming massively disgruntled.

I just feel that nobody at the club is particularly bothered and that actions are not matching words as far as the apologies are concerned.I only splashed out on this ticket (which I couldn't really afford) because I have just had my 60th birthday and was feeling like a bit more comfort after a long illness.I really am beginning to wish I hadn't bothered with almost 20% of the season gone before we even get into the stand.I'm not a confrontational type of person which means I just seethe and get annoyed when I think i'm having the urine extracted, but the point is coming when enough will be enough. Rant over!

I don't want to spoil a good rant with some facts, but you might want to give Corney some slack, because he's maybe not the money grabber you think he is

• He is a UK director of only 3 live companies, our football club, Oldham Athletic (2004) Association Football Club Limited, Oldham Event Centre Limited (just formed for the new stand's events in March 2015 and not yet trading) and PCW Developments Limited.
  • He owns 97% of OA(2004)AFC with the Supporters' Trust owning the other 3%. He doesn't have any shares in PCW Developments.
  • He was previously a director of Cellular Networks Communications Group Ltd, but resigned in August 2014 and doesn't own any shares in it - it's all owned by Lewis Blitz who guessing from his age is Simon's son.
  • PCW Developments is interesting, as it's 25% owned by Paul & Christine Whitehead and 75% owned by Brass Bank Limited. The Whitehead family owns Holroy Developments (our North Stand main contractor) and Brass Bank Limited is owned by Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal.........
  • So apart from the club, Corney has no other significant director/shareholdings in the UK
  • The freehold to Boundary Park - ie the owner of all the land and buildings, is Brass Bank Limited, owned as I say by Blitz/Gazal, but not Corney
  • My investigations say it was bought in August 2004 for £4.6m by Brass Bank
  • Our club OA (2004)AFC has a lease from Brass Bank to use the stadium until 2031. So we don't own our home, we're a tenant until 2031 and our landlord is Brass Bank which isn't owned by Corney.
  • Our club OA(2004)AFC was insolvent to the tune of £4.7m at June 2014 in its last accounts, ie it owed £4.7m more to creditors (£8.6m) than it owned in assets (£3.9m.) The accounts don't say who is owed the money but it is likely to be Corney and maybe Blitz/Gazal.
  • The assets at 2014 were mainly made up of what's called leasehold improvements which is money spent on the stadium - ie the North Stand, of which the club spent £1.9m last year up to June 2014.

So there isn't a lot in this for Corney who unlike Gazal and the Blitzes doesn't own the ground, doesn't own Cellular Networks and doesn't own PCW Developments. He just owns the Club which he's put a :censored:load into, and which he's trying to improve.

I've never met Corney, don't know him, and don't speak on his behalf, but I think if I won the lottery, buying him out would be a sure way of losing it - and quickly!!

I don't want to spoil a good rant with some facts, but you might want to give Corney some slack, because he's maybe not the money grabber you think he is

• He is a UK director of only 3 live companies, our football club, Oldham Athletic (2004) Association Football Club Limited, Oldham Event Centre Limited (just formed for the new stand's events in March 2015 and not yet trading) and PCW Developments Limited.
  • He owns 97% of OA(2004)AFC with the Supporters' Trust owning the other 3%. He doesn't have any shares in PCW Developments.
  • He was previously a director of Cellular Networks Communications Group Ltd, but resigned in August 2014 and doesn't own any shares in it - it's all owned by Lewis Blitz who guessing from his age is Simon's son.
  • PCW Developments is interesting, as it's 25% owned by Paul & Christine Whitehead and 75% owned by Brass Bank Limited. The Whitehead family owns Holroy Developments (our North Stand main contractor) and Brass Bank Limited is owned by Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal.........
  • So apart from the club, Corney has no other significant director/shareholdings in the UK
  • The freehold to Boundary Park - ie the owner of all the land and buildings, is Brass Bank Limited, owned as I say by Blitz/Gazal, but not Corney
  • Our club OA (2004)AFC has a lease from Brass Bank to use the stadium until 2031. So we don't own our home, we're a tenant until 2031 and our landlord is Brass Bank which isn't owned by Corney.
  • Our club OA(2004)AFC was insolvent to the tune of £4.7m at June 2014 in its last accounts, ie it owed £4.7m more to creditors (£8.6m) than it owned in assets (£3.9m.) The accounts don't say who is owed the money but it is likely to be Corney and maybe Blitz/Gazal.
  • The assets at 2014 were mainly made up of what's called leasehold improvements which is money spent on the stadium - ie the North Stand, of which the club spent £1.9m last year up to June 2014.

So there isn't a lot in this for Corney who unlike Gazal and the Blitzes doesn't own the ground, doesn't own Cellular Networks and doesn't own PCW Developments. He just owns the Club which he's put a :censored:load into, and which he's trying to improve.

I've never met Corney, don't know him, and don't speak on his behalf, but I think if I won the lottery, buying him out would be a sure way of losing it - and quickly!!

How much and where does the Oldham Council money fit into all this?

Would it be fair to assume he was gifted the shares in OAFC 2004?

Possibly in lieu of the shares in CNCG to Lewis Bltiz.?

Would he have ever had shares in CNCG? He may have received a premium for those shares if they were bought by Bazal Blitz, coudl that money have been used to fund, or possibly partly as securtiy for the new stand, possibly leanving him with some personal wealth. Not necesarily used to fund OAFC?

Cheers

I

How much and where does the Oldham Council money fit into all this?

£700k grant linked to community facilities in the new stand.

The money the council paid to Blitz and Gazal for the Lancaster Club isn't, as far as I'm aware, directly beneficial to Oldham Athletic.

More likely it's been lent to the club to build the stand though. Hence the increasing debts in Latics' accounts.

I have never called Corney a money grabber, I have just called him a bad businessman who has taken the club so far downhill that never mind the lottery win, he would be very lucky to be able to give the club away for nothing. His other business holdings give further proof to my theory!

How certain are you that OAFC Ltd has a lease until 2031 by the way?

Our club OA (2004)AFC has a lease from Brass Bank to use the stadium until 2031. So we don't own our home, we're a tenant until 2031

Hope in 17 years time we aren't playing at Whitebank Stadium? :unsure:

Lolz

...How certain are you that OAFC Ltd has a lease until 2031 by the way?

In 2011, SC said:

“We have agreed a 20-year lease with my two former partners, with an option for a further 20 years, and this has secured the future for the next 40 years”.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/59263/goalden-handshake

Archived