North Stand Construction Thread

In 2011, SC said:

“We have agreed a 20-year lease with my two former partners, with an option for a further 20 years, and this has secured the future for the next 40 years”.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/59263/goalden-handshake

Thanks Diego but about 12 months ago I queried any lease cuurently existing and never received any information that one actually existed!

I am not being pedantic but wont believe that we currently have a lease until there is third party proof. By the way thanks for all your picture updates!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latics got shafted by the Kaiser when poised to become the most dominant club in English football and then got shafted by the global economy when poised to redevelop the ground. The sooner the rest of the world effs off and leaves Oldham alone the better!

Some of us bought season tickets even though we thought the ageing North Stand would not be ready in time. The problem for me is not that my expectation was met it is the dissembling and inconvenience.

It is reported that money for tarmac was diverted to the electricity board and clearly therefore the connection charges had not been paid in full and this alone would cause the cancelation of any earlier 'agreed' connection date.

It isn't much hardship for me, retired, to drive to Boundary Park and swap vouchers for tickets in the main stand but it is something I could do without. It is however difficult for those in full time employment or who live further away from the ground and every negative experience adds to the background of reasons why you might not buy a season ticket again especially as Barry tells us our expectations need to be lowered.

I bought a season ticket for the 100 club,was relocated to the executive box but ,due to lack of leg room cannot sit in there(I haven't sat in the main stand in over 40 years because of past experiences). For the past two matches I have been sat in the RRE, the only extra I have received is a programme which was included as part of the deal.No food, no offer of anything else. Rapidly becoming massively disgruntled.

I just feel that nobody at the club is particularly bothered and that actions are not matching words as far as the apologies are concerned.I only splashed out on this ticket (which I couldn't really afford) because I have just had my 60th birthday and was feeling like a bit more comfort after a long illness.I really am beginning to wish I hadn't bothered with almost 20% of the season gone before we even get into the stand.I'm not a confrontational type of person which means I just seethe and get annoyed when I think i'm having the urine extracted, but the point is coming when enough will be enough. Rant over!

That's a piss take. I toyed with the idea of going all out and getting one for the first season, glad I didn't. As much as we all love the club, if I'd have paid that and been sat in the RRE, I'd want a pro-rata refund (discounting standard RRE ST price).

Waiting for my seat in the new stand but it's no big deal. I thought it'd be a given that anyone who'd paid for boxes/100 Club seats would be compensated.

It is reported that money for tarmac was diverted to the electricity board and clearly therefore the connection charges had not been paid in full and this alone would cause the cancelation of any earlier 'agreed' connection date.

Is it "reported" though? Or is it just rumoured? The problem with modern day social media rumours is that they're in print so get taken as gospel. Then there are general calls for statements to reply to each rumour.

I'm not trying to say you shouldn't be annoyed at the situation, or that the club hasn't done anything wrong. But with all the various rumours about no funding, missed payments, workers downing tools, stand sinking into the ground etc, (none of which have been reported in the press I believe), it doesn't help with the general mood and probably creates additional bad feeling toward the club!

I believe the club cant afford to upgrade the turnstiles in the chaddy end (main stand side) because they're 3k ea

If you are hearing they are short of brass it's probably true.

There's a difference in emphasis between "can't afford" and "we are not awash witj money so we will prioritise what we spend it on"

Mrs. Ghost has been to BP to collect an extra Bury ticket this morning and has said she's never seen the building site so busy, including works being done on the car park.

Sounds like the power connected has enabled things to move on a bit. Excellent news.

That's a piss take. I toyed with the idea of going all out and getting one for the first season, glad I didn't. As much as we all love the club, if I'd have paid that and been sat in the RRE, I'd want a pro-rata refund (discounting standard RRE ST price).

Waiting for my seat in the new stand but it's no big deal. I thought it'd be a given that anyone who'd paid for boxes/100 Club seats would be compensated.

I find it a bit bizarre this 100 club seats (assuming thats what the two blocks of dark blue ones are) are not both located either side of the halfway line.

I bought a season ticket for the 100 club,was relocated to the executive box but ,due to lack of leg room cannot sit in there(I haven't sat in the main stand in over 40 years because of past experiences). For the past two matches I have been sat in the RRE, the only extra I have received is a programme which was included as part of the deal.No food, no offer of anything else. Rapidly becoming massively disgruntled.

I just feel that nobody at the club is particularly bothered and that actions are not matching words as far as the apologies are concerned.I only splashed out on this ticket (which I couldn't really afford) because I have just had my 60th birthday and was feeling like a bit more comfort after a long illness.I really am beginning to wish I hadn't bothered with almost 20% of the season gone before we even get into the stand.I'm not a confrontational type of person which means I just seethe and get annoyed when I think i'm having the urine extracted, but the point is coming when enough will be enough. Rant over!

Owdumer have you told anyone at the club that you are sitting in the rre?

If you dm me your name I'll happily pass that onto the relevant people to contact you.

Yes they know. I was in the executive box for the boro game and was very uncomfortable which led me to move for the Fleetwood match after explaining that I was struggling with the main stand seats. I spoke to Mark Moisley about it and he said that if the North stand was not open for the next match (which we now know it won't) then he would try to find me a seat on the front row which he thinks has a touch more leg room.This was before the Shrewsbury game at the main entrance.

I'm not convinced but will give it a shot if he remembers to sort it.

Yes they know. I was in the executive box for the boro game and was very uncomfortable which led me to move for the Fleetwood match after explaining that I was struggling with the main stand seats. I spoke to Mark Moisley about it and he said that if the North stand was not open for the next match (which we now know it won't) then he would try to find me a seat on the front row which he thinks has a touch more leg room.This was before the Shrewsbury game at the main entrance.

I'm not convinced but will give it a shot if he remembers to sort it.

I'll give Mark a reminder on your behalf, thanks

I find it a bit bizarre this 100 club seats (assuming thats what the two blocks of dark blue ones are) are not both located either side of the halfway line.

My understanding is that the 100 club has a 'membership' of exactly that number? If you look from the main stand there are 2 blocks of darker seats. As you look at them, there's a block to the left of the half way line, then another block even further towards the chaddy end again ... that block has 4 rows of 25 seats .. The block nearer the half way line has considerably more! If that's the case the 100 club doesn't have the 'best' views in that area .. yes at times the last home game was so boring I'd resorted to counting empty seats ha ha

Archived