North Stand Construction Thread

Do you think the club has that much say?

I was told over a year ago that there wouldn't be any City or United merchandise in the store but I still find that hard to believe, as we are on for a slice of the profits from that one outlet I'd hope our fans will use the store.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read that BBC story and once again Sports Direct appear to be a rather interesting company!

As for their outlet in the new stand, I don't see how we can have any influence over what they sell. Sadly it is in our interests for their shop to be successful as they will be anchor tenants in the retail part of the development, during the week people will use that shop and the ample parking which will drive further businesses to rent accommodation and pay us money. By 'us' I mean whichever holding company is due to get the cash this week.

I was told over a year ago that there wouldn't be any City or United merchandise in the store but I still find that hard to believe, as we are on for a slice of the profits from that one outlet I'd hope our fans will use the store.

I don't believe for a second that SD have agreed not to sell certain items out of this store. Nor can I bring myself to believe Latics will get any sort of royalty on sales in the store. As mentioned above, it's success may be key to getting other units up and running but Latics aren't going to be seeing some lucrative royalty stream coming in.

No. I just thought your comparison was :censored: and you seemed to hold a high opinion of the hell hole that is the trafford centre.

Seems you missed that.

I'll spell it out for you. Shopping, much to my astonishment, has become one of the country's biggest leisure pursuits; don't understand it myself as the Trafford Centre and all places of a similar ilk are my personal vision of hell - bu there you go. God only knows how you have deduced from what said that I have a high opinion of the place.

How many people shoppers do you think will get in their car to pop down to the wealth of shopping opportunities at SD Park to avail themselves of some cheap sporting wear and maybe, if the much heralded (that's sarcasm by the way) rumours are true a bag of carbohydrates from a shop named after an underwater vessel.

I'd guess rather fewer than pop round the M60 whatever it is to the paean to consumerism that is the TC.

So my point was that I really don't see why SD would want a shop at BP/SD park given the lack of passing trade they would get from a town centre shop and the lack of destination shoppers they would get at a mall.

Still, Ashley ain't a fool.

So my point was that I really don't see why SD would want a shop at BP/SD park given the lack of passing trade they would get from a town centre shop and the lack of destination shoppers they would get at a mall.

So, your basic point is you cant see SD wanting to build a shop at BP?

Okayyyyy.

Come across as quite an arrogant little sod Monty don't you, the type who was still breastfed well into early teens....

I would say your a divorcee, possibly very keen on classical music who is that bitter with life in general that being right about everything Oldham Athletic is all you have going for you...

*you're

Not arrogant. Just right.

....How many people shoppers do you think will get in their car to pop down to the wealth of shopping opportunities at SD Park to avail themselves of some cheap sporting wear and maybe, if the much heralded (that's sarcasm by the way) rumours are true a bag of carbohydrates from a shop named after an underwater vessel a pedestrian tunnel.....

FTFY Dave.

So, your basic point is you cant see SD wanting to build a shop at BP?

Okayyyyy.

No, if you read my original post on the subject properly then you will see that's not what I said.

You see this is what I said:

"Can't even see why SD would want a shop there"

You see the "why" in the middle of that sentence? Makes quite a difference doesn't it?

'Popping down to that Oldham ground to pick up a United shirt'

Eurgh. If that doesn't repulse you then why bother with football...

The idea of anyone buying a United shirt anywhere repulses me. But the Sports Direct store will be like any other. It'll just happen to be attached to our ground.

Come across as quite an arrogant little sod Monty don't you, the type who was still breastfed well into early teens....

I would say your a divorcee, possibly very keen on classical music who is that bitter with life in general that being right about everything Oldham Athletic is all you have going for you...

Play nice kids!

The idea of anyone buying a United shirt anywhere repulses me. But the Sports Direct store will be like any other. It'll just happen to be attached to our ground.

That a young child will be pestering his Dad to take him down to BP to pick up a United shirt...

Stronger stomach than me, then.

I doubt anyone will go to Latics to buy a United/city shirt. I'd imagine most will be bought either online or the outlet in town. Most united 'fans' walk around in fake shirts anyway

I'm sure the SD at the Westfield Centre is closer to home for most Utd diehards to get their Shirt than BP!

on the subject of manure shirts was parked on trafford park today for my dinner break and there in the gutter was a plastic bag with a manure shirt in it that someone must of dropped poor them what a waste of money fancy losing 5p for the cost bag !

Archived