North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not so much the fact that the build deadline has over run, what I find poor and amateurish on a massive scale is that they have advertised and actually sold products and services to paying customers knowing full well they couldn't deliver (and if they didn't know they really should have).

But this is just speculation surely?

I'm not saying the club is without fault during what's happened but I don't know for sure. At what point should they have started selling hospitality?

For me it's not about what's gone wrong or what's delayed, its how they go about dealing with it in the mean time.

The statement released on July 10th said it will be open for the start of the season and tickets were available to be purchased.

If the statement said it may be open but may not alot less reason for fans to be annoyed.

Anyway its is what it is and we are nearing completion. I am sure the club want it fully functional as much as us fans do.

But this is just speculation surely?

I'm not saying the club is without fault during what's happened but I don't know for sure. At what point should they have started selling hospitality?

For me it's not about what's gone wrong or what's delayed, its how they go about dealing with it in the mean time.

How is it 'just speculation'?????

Boxes and hospitality have been sold for something that isnt ready. It is the club that speculated.

How is it 'just speculation'?????

Boxes and hospitality have been sold for something that isnt ready. It is the club that speculated.

So if the club speculated they didn't "know full well" they wouldn't be ready.

That's implying they deliberately cheated people out of money when it was probably just a gamble that didn't come off. But that's just speculation on my part.

At least at last season ticket holders get to sit in the seat they paid for.

Delays are likely on any building project so the certainty with which we were sold the seats from day one and the details of pre season ramp up events provided does rather call into question the judgement of somebody and yes this has damaged the OEC and ultimately IF money is to flow in the direction of players wages our team.

If the fence around the car park is secured during the working day, you can only drive in from Broadway onto the car park with the contractors' vehicles. There was a fence panel missing at the RRE end of the car park the other day and we were allowed to walk across the car park to the shop.

Archived